Bobo Panda Byte arrived today!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarie

Reaction score
Description says it all! Here are the pics of it before removing the package :)

6810723207_f43c1dc7af.jpg

6810720305_e14d4ca60f.jpg

I was scared when I first took it out because half of the pixels didn't work...come to find out the casing was just a tad bit loose. Had my hubby tighten it up a bit and all is fine! I just ordered this last weekend online at yardsellr.com for about $6! Brand new never opened.I had one when I was about ten when it first came out....about three years later I broke it by swinging it around by its string and whacking it on a wall on accident :/

I'll post more once I run it :) Just wanted to share my new rare find :) I've been hunting online off and on for about 7 years...

***OST EDIT - Moved from 'Tamagotchi Ancestors' to 'Tamagotchi Cousins'***

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you already running this tama? What kind of functionalities you have in it? I would like to learn more about these Kimiko Pets :) <3

I haven't run it yet, just took it out to fix it. It's a super cute little pet. one of my favorite non tama ones. It can watch tv(similar to pause function), you have to keep it's room the right temp(turning ac on) Plus when it's older if the weather changes you have to dress him appropriatly, like if it rains you give him his umbrella etc.

If you google bobo panda byte, you can read a log from a person's website called Bookmice. She put pics up and kept a diary about hers. They are very hard to come byt. On ebay the only ones I can find are the "baby byte" but not the Panda. I had literally been searching the web for years off and on before I finally found this one! I'm waiting until I have a long weekend where I can spend some time running it. I'm currently running four tamas trying different experiments so it's a bit much to add in a new one, haha.

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions. I think I might scan in the instructions if someone hasn't already.

I haven't run it yet, just took it out to fix it. It's a super cute little pet. one of my favorite non tama ones. It can watch tv(similar to pause function), you have to keep it's room the right temp(turning ac on) Plus when it's older if the weather changes you have to dress him appropriatly, like if it rains you give him his umbrella etc.

If you google bobo panda byte, you can read a log from a person's website called Bookmice. She put pics up and kept a diary about hers. They are very hard to come byt. On ebay the only ones I can find are the "baby byte" but not the Panda. I had literally been searching the web for years off and on before I finally found this one! I'm waiting until I have a long weekend where I can spend some time running it. I'm currently running four tamas trying different experiments so it's a bit much to add in a new one, haha.

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions. I think I might scan in the instructions if someone hasn't already.
Nice functionalities indeed! The most nice activies sounds weather and all the nice stuff at home - friends coming to see panda, TV watching, radio and even IQ of Panda. I would say this seems to be more exceptionally versatile Virtual Pet than average pet really. It appeared to be quite long aged (if treated well) too, so that is always a big plus side.

I haven't either seen Bobo Panda Byte been sold anywhere. Baby bytes I have seen (on ebay), and I've been considering to buy a Baby byte myself.

This was nice blog and if someone's looking for Original instructions they are below this site: https://www.bookmice.net/fleur/bobo.html.

Please when you have had time to run Ur Panda come back and tell how did you like it. I would like to know if it was worth buying and playing.. :) even thought I already believe it is!

Ype that is the exact website I suggested. It is an awesome pet. It was basically the only one I ran all through my childhood. I had it up until around 2002 or so when I accidentaly broke it. I had been looking on ebay ever since then. I don't know anything about the baby byte, but I'd assume it has similar features. The Panda is very hard to find, but not impossible :) I will definetly update this post once I've run it.

Ype that is the exact website I suggested. It is an awesome pet. It was basically the only one I ran all through my childhood. I had it up until around 2002 or so when I accidentaly broke it. I had been looking on ebay ever since then. I don't know anything about the baby byte, but I'd assume it has similar features. The Panda is very hard to find, but not impossible :) I will definetly update this post once I've run it.
Its quite exciting how old Virtual pets from childhood can steal Ur heart so badly. Ive had also some pets I been looking for a long time, because I have liked them when I was a kid and played them a lot. (and when I was a teen i thought it was shameful to play with them so I got rid of them). :( Stupid I was. Some of my favorites are Dinkie Dino, Talking Nano Baby, Hitorikko, Giga Pets (kitty), Octo-pets and some other 90's pets whose name I dont even know. :) Im not so mad about original tamagotchies even though I have many, they are okay but.. not so addictive emotionally.

These Baby and Panda Bytes are not familiar to me from childhood, but they still seem to have something special that just occupy my mind. Im not even sure if they were ever sold here in Finland. :/ Will be nice to hear more how Uve been doing with Ur Panda Byte.

Ouch, I found super nice pink Baby Byte in eBay, but they don't ship worldwide. :( Naaahh!! :( I just noticed how good price you had Ur Panda, very cheap. On ebay these bytes cost much more so you are lucky star. :D

I know, it was an amazing deal, really! The last one I saw went for nearly $100! It's robbery I tell you. Craziness. That's crazy the other person on ebay doesn't ship worldwide. You could always try emailing them because some sellers are willing to be flexible if you offer to cover the costs you know? Also I just remembered there was a baby byte for sale from the same seller I purchased the panda one from. You coul try and see if he will ship to you. https://yardsellr.com/yardsale/Ryan-Lasky-133561 He doesn't have it posted anymore, but it didn't sell. You can ask him if he is still willing to sell it :) He was really nice, and you can tell him you were referred by the person that bought the panda byte. Maybe he'll respond quicker lol.

I too agree that Tamagotchi's are neat and all, but I really miss the old Nanos and Gigas that I had when I was little. Even if just for the novelty of having something from my childhood. I didn't have that many, maybe one of each different brand. When the batteries would die, my parents would say we had to throw it away because the batteries couldnt be replaced. So mean haha. I was so little so I didn't know any better. At least not until I was in like the 4th grade when I snuck into my Dad's toolkit and found a tiny screw and opened up the back of one of my nanos. The only downside is that I completely stripped the screw since it wasnt the right size. But a lesson none the less. From there I didnt throw any away until they no longer worked. I actually still have one of my nano doubles. The screen had broken off when I was little and crashed while riding my bike. Then a few years ago I found it in an old box of things from when I had moved out, and I found a peice of plastic off a box we were throwing out (you know like a box with a plastic window to see inside...)anyways, I was able to cut it out the exact shape and then glue it on and voila you can hardly tell it's a replacement screen haha.

I know, it was an amazing deal, really! The last one I saw went for nearly $100! It's robbery I tell you. Craziness. That's crazy the other person on ebay doesn't ship worldwide. You could always try emailing them because some sellers are willing to be flexible if you offer to cover the costs you know? Also I just remembered there was a baby byte for sale from the same seller I purchased the panda one from. You coul try and see if he will ship to you. https://yardsellr.com...an-Lasky-133561 He doesn't have it posted anymore, but it didn't sell. You can ask him if he is still willing to sell it :) He was really nice, and you can tell him you were referred by the person that bought the panda byte. Maybe he'll respond quicker lol.

I too agree that Tamagotchi's are neat and all, but I really miss the old Nanos and Gigas that I had when I was little. Even if just for the novelty of having something from my childhood. I didn't have that many, maybe one of each different brand. When the batteries would die, my parents would say we had to throw it away because the batteries couldnt be replaced. So mean haha. I was so little so I didn't know any better. At least not until I was in like the 4th grade when I snuck into my Dad's toolkit and found a tiny screw and opened up the back of one of my nanos. The only downside is that I completely stripped the screw since it wasnt the right size. But a lesson none the less. From there I didnt throw any away until they no longer worked. I actually still have one of my nano doubles. The screen had broken off when I was little and crashed while riding my bike. Then a few years ago I found it in an old box of things from when I had moved out, and I found a peice of plastic off a box we were throwing out (you know like a box with a plastic window to see inside...)anyways, I was able to cut it out the exact shape and then glue it on and voila you can hardly tell it's a replacement screen haha.
Oh, $100 is robbery indeed! Now the prices are on eBay something like $60 plus shipping, so it's quite much, too. It's crazy how high prices some sellers lay to their products. I even found one kind of a crappy virtual pet made in 2004 (I have one so I know the pet) and price for it was about $40. Pet is lame in every way and I paid about $8 from my own when it was on the market here in Finland in 2004. Just another robbery case I would say. :D

Thats why it is so important to know what really is the product that one is bying, and that's why it's good that there is that kind of web sites where virtual pet collectors are able to trade their knowledge. (oh my bad english hope you understood).

I didn't find that Ryan Laskys contact information, not from the site and not even from the facebook. That yardsale site is telling me I can't use it because I'm not living in USA. :( So I couldn't contact him. I actually wrote an email to that seller on ebay who is selling one pink cutie baby byte, and now just hoping he'll answer soon. :) Maybe and maybe not! :D Well at least I've tried.

It's actually crazy that I'm bying a Baby byte virtual pet, and at the same time expecting my real baby to arrive to the world in any minute now. I'm even concerned that all my now living tamas will die when I'm in labour. I must be twisted somehow. :D

Only bad side in 90's virtual pets is that it's always a bit uncertain if they work or not (and for how long). For example my 8-in-1 octo-pets freaks out sometimes just randomly and simply stop working and pet in the game of course dies. :D :( and my Dinkie Dino always keeps resetting themselves... Then I get frustrated, put them back to shelf and after some time forgive them and try again playing with them (often with the bad final result again). :D Exceptionally for that my talking nano baby and Tiger's Giga Pet Compu Kitty always work nice, they are great quality in my experience. Of course there may be differences between same pets, too. What would you say about Banda Bytes/Baby Bytes and their fysical and functional quality? :)

Aw, well Congratulations are in order! I'm the same way, haha. I'm nearly 25 and starting to plan a family and I'm still walking around with a purse full of tamas LOL. Too funny.

I agree that the older pets sometimes bug out, but normally this can be fixed by cleaning out the battery compartment gently with a q-tip and alchohol, and maybe tightening screws. The Panda is quite durable, but the one I recieved had many loose screws so I thought it was broken until I figured that out. If any screws are loos on and of the pets it can cause the batteries to not be connected properly, or if they are loos near the screen it can cause the screen to have pixel problems such as I had experienced. To this day I've only had one Vpet stop working...that was the Panda byte I had when I was litte-and because I was swinging it around and around and it flew off my hand and hit the wall full speed LOL. I was so sad!

I do have to agree about the Gigas being durable and reliable. They have a very sturdy case indeed. The Nanos were the samy way. Most of the old pets I have all still run okay. A couple are missing battery covers or screws from me tinkering when I was little. haha.

Hi there! And thank you for your congrats. :) I had my baby girl in 28th February and all my tamas really died when I was in a labour! :D But now I'm back in business again... and I actually found nice Kimiko Baby Byte online and bought it. It will take some weeks to arrive, yet. It was a bit high price but I don't mind. :) ( I guess I wanted it too badly!)

Have you played with your panda? How was it? :)

Hello again! I have now my Kimiko Baby Byte, but still I havent had time to play with it... In quick look it looked quite complicated and unique, but we wil see.. :D

Hello again! I have now my Kimiko Baby Byte, but still I havent had time to play with it... In quick look it looked quite complicated and unique, but we wil see.. :D
That's one of the reasons I haven't bought a Kimiko Baby byte is because it looks so complicated I'm not sure I'll enjoy it =/

Hi! can someone help me?? I want one of this bobo panda byte!! Where or who I can ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back