Has Bandai UK given up making Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pandarock32

Reaction score
Hi

I just sent an e-mail to Bandai UK, because I went onto their website, and tamagotchi wasn't even in the list of products anymore. Please can as many people as possible who live in Britain send messages, to show them that people still like it. I will post Bandai's reply to my email as soon as I get it.

Bandai doesn't make tamas in the UK. But they have been cutting back on the distribution of tamagotchis for sale in the UK for some time.

Over the past years the various versions of tamas released for sale in the UK were just not selling in big enough numbers because their popularity has declined. It's just not a mass market toy in the UK anymore (think about how many ppl you know in your school/college who are running tamas compared to the total number of students at the school - I'll bet it is pretty small).

You can still buy tamagotchis (usually the Music Star) from places like Toys R Us and Argos (check their web sites - if they have any tamas in stock they will usually list them).

Otherwise you can still buy tamas (and some accessory products) in the UK from sites like Amazon or ebay - they have lots of trustworthy sellers with good feedback and secure payment methods through paypal.

No wonder Bandai UK didn't reply my email. I had problems sending bandai.com an email, but it fails everytime. Anyone else having this problem too?

I live in UK so I can safely say: Nothing except a few old Music Stars for us anywhere. They did sell a couple of TMGO figures, but I had to order my actual TMGO online because it was way expensive in stores. They just never sold the right stuff over here; they should have put Tamas in the Teen Tronics section of Toys'R'Us instead of the 5-year-old-girl section, because I mean what kind of 5 year old girl can even understand the Music Star? Even I get confused with it at times! Plus, did nobody read the age 8+ label on the package...

~ Dazzmina ~

I was probably the first to report the discontinuation and re-continuation of tamagotchi in the UK. Back in around October 2010, Bandai UK replied to an email that I had sent them saying that they had discontinued Tamagotchi. I then received another email a few months later telling me that the Tama-Go would be sold in the UK from July 2011 onwards, and that it would be sold in Argos. However, in the newest Argos catalogue, Tamagotchi wasn't present, so I can only assume that they have completely stopped selling them here.

I was probably the first to report the discontinuation and re-continuation of tamagotchi in the UK. Back in around October 2010, Bandai UK replied to an email that I had sent them saying that they had discontinued Tamagotchi. I then received another email a few months later telling me that the Tama-Go would be sold in the UK from July 2011 onwards, and that it would be sold in Argos. However, in the newest Argos catalogue, Tamagotchi wasn't present, so I can only assume that they have completely stopped selling them here.
I don't read the Argos catalogue (my mom only gives me craft-for-children-way-younger-than-me catalogues), but I did flick through when my brother was looking for some Lego at the actual Argos store. I had money and I really wanted some new TMGO figures, but there was nothing.

Although, I'll go for a check at Toys'R'Us soon to see if they have anything. And if they do and it's an okay price, I'll buy it!

~ Dazzmina ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back