How do you understand Japanese Tamagotchi's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaluver579

Reaction score
The ID's, the ID L's and the +C look absolutely breathtaking! The only thing is how do you understand them? They're all in Japanese, correct? I would love to get one one but would comprehension get in my way? Thanks so much for taking the time for to respond!

it doesn't really do anything at all. it's like a basic tamagotchi, but you can't read anything. -_- but it doesn't really get to me that much. in fact, i think i'm learning a bit of japanese from my iD L. ^_^ honestly, most of us here on tamatalk who have an iD L don't know any japanese at all and completely get it. there are topics on TT and TZ that help interpret these. (at least, the iD L.)

I can't read a single character of Japanese, and I have been running my iD L for 45 generations. :) It doesn't matter if you can't read it, as long as you've played with a Tama in the past you'll be just fine. :)

I can't read a single character of Japanese, and I have been running my iD L for 45 generations. :) It doesn't matter if you can't read it, as long as you've played with a Tama in the past you'll be just fine. :)
But how do you know where to play games and get food and stuff?

I've studied jap for a while but honestly, you don't really need to know any of it. Once you know where everything is and have it memorized, you can almost play it blindfolded. :)

I don't understand Japanese at all. After playing with tamagotchi's for some time, I kind of figure out what is what. There are guides to the tamagotchi ID L in tama zone and tamatalk. Reading that, has helped a lot. The ID L menu is quite similar to other tamagotchi's, with some minor differences. If you read the guide in English, you'll get the hang of it.

After a while you just memorize it without even trying. And if worst comes to worst, you can always watch a couple reviews of the iD L to get the hang of it. There are probably a ton on Youtube. :)

^ Exactly what Violet said. When I got my original iD, I thought I would need translations. Turns out I didn't, after a week I got the hang of it. When I got my iD-L, It was even easier, only some of the locations change. It's easier than you think, you literally memorize it without knowing.

Actually, the best part is when people ask you, "Do you read Japanese?" And you go, "Nope. :]"

Yeah, haha, they'll think you're the cleverist person ever

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the best part is when people ask you, "Do you read Japanese?" And you go, "Nope. :]"
Exactly. But I had someone I know who knows japanese translate for me anyway... :p

In fact, I think I'm learning Japanese from the iD L...I can read vowels and this:く, which is "ku".

For me, figuring out the iD L was just trial and error. It's pretty easy to understand.

I don't have an iDL, but really the safest option is to learn basic Japanese. Having said that, if you're really excited to play on them then you can just go for it- no harm done,as you can see from everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back