Nails ;)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkalila

Reaction score
How do you like to paint your nails? Do you sometimes do them in a way you wouldn't wear in public, but you do it anyway just for fun? My friend (Selina) and I just did our nails yesterday. Here's a picture, I'm the one on the left:

nails1.png

We stuck on random gems. :p

Feel free to post your own pics. :)

Last year I went crazy with nail art. Now I only occassionaly (wow I spelled that wrong, I just know it...) do them, and mostly just do one color or every other nail. But no major nail art. -_- I painted them today for the first time in a few weeks... :p Plain pink.

I wear fake nails, a pair I got today have white tips and black and silver streaks on them. ;P

I used to paint my nails a lot with awesome bright colours. I hardly do anymore since we're not actually allowed nail polish at school because "it looks ugly when it starts to come off"

I have done my nails once. Ever. In clear nail polish for my friend's 10th birthday party, and she is now 11 and going on 12 in October, so that was a while ago. The reasons I've hardly ever done my nails: a) I'm not a girly girl, B) I'm not allowed. Those two answers, especially the second, also explain why I have no idea of the difference between lipstick and lip moistening stuff, and have no idea what mascara is, let alone all the other stuff girls use...I'm not into make-up and fashion...

~ Dazzmina ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are used to be black, but theres only slithers of it left on a few nails, some nails are completely bare now. I'm thinking of painting them magenta now, but my school forbids it too.

I have done my nails once. Ever. In clear nail polish for my friend's 10th birthday party, and she is now 11 and going on 12 in October, so that was a while ago. The reasons I've hardly ever done my nails: a) I'm not a girly girl, B) I'm not allowed. Those two answers, especially the second, also explain why I have no idea of the difference between lipstick and lip moistening stuff, and have no idea what mascara is, let alone all the other stuff girls use...I'm not into make-up and fashion...

~ Dazzmina ~
I've never considered painting nails to be "girly girl" at all. To me, it's a form of decoration. I paint my nails when they are all the same length and long enough (so... not very often :p )

I agree there are some decorations / colours that could be considered very girly and feminine - but not all of them - shocking red nails? denim blue nails? black nails? - none of those simple, commonplace colours are what you would call "girly" ;)

(my daughter - who is older than you - regularly paints her nails with different designs - Super Mario mushrooms are a favorite atm)

Even if you are not into make up and fashion you should be aware that "lip moistening stuff" - or lip balm / lip salve is a really useful item of kit.

it's not make up - it is applied to the lips to relieve chapped or dry lips (very common with lots of people - including primary school children) during winter - and can also be used to protect the lips from drying out in summer. A lot of lip balms nowadays also contain things like a sun block to prevent the lips getting burned in bright sun.

Even if you are not allowed to paint your nails or use make up you should talk with your parents about being able to apply useful things like lip balm ("Chap Stick" is a very good product) - if you need it. The Summer Sun and Winter Cold/Wind can do a lot of damage to skin and it is worth looking after yourself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad things happen whenever I try to paint my nails. (For example, spilling polish all over a floor). So I try to stay away from doing it myself.

I wear fake nails, a pair I got today have white tips and black and silver streaks on them. ;P
Those sound pretty cool. ;) Despite how short and unappealing my nails are, I don't like the idea of fake nails. It doesn't feel quite right... if anyone knows what I mean.

I've never considered painting nails to be "girly girl" at all. To me, it's a form of decoration. I paint my nails when they are all the same length and long enough (so... not very often :p )

I agree there are some decorations / colours that could be considered very girly and feminine - but not all of them - shocking red nails? denim blue nails? black nails? - none of those simple, commonplace colours are what you would call "girly" ;)

(my daughter - who is older than you - regularly paints her nails with different designs - Super Mario mushrooms are a favorite atm)

Even if you are not into make up and fashion you should be aware that "lip moistening stuff" - or lip balm / lip salve is a really useful item of kit.

it's not make up - it is applied to the lips to relieve chapped or dry lips (very common with lots of people - including primary school children) during winter - and can also be used to protect the lips from drying out in summer. A lot of lip balms nowadays also contain things like a sun block to prevent the lips getting burned in bright sun.

Even if you are not allowed to paint your nails or use make up you should talk with your parents about being able to apply useful things like lip balm ("Chap Stick" is a very good product) - if you need it. The Summer Sun and Winter Cold/Wind can do a lot of damage to skin and it is worth looking after yourself :)
Sorry I'm kind of ignorant... :(

I guess my parents wouldn't approve if I suggested these health products - they're not really into that stuff, they got me one big load of all-purpose cream and I just use that. They don't like shopping any more than I do, which is absolutely nil.

~ Dazzmina ~

I paint my nails all different colors every few days. I like to wear new colors often because it gets boring wearing the same colors for too long. Right now I'm wearing all neons on my fingernails, and my toenails are in black polish. Next week I'm doing ombre blues on the right hand, and reds on the left.

~ Dazzmina ~
Same here. But I didn't do my nails once--I've done them zero times simply because I don't see a reason to. Besides, my fingernails are my favorite afternoon snack. XD

I bite my nails down the nub. Well, it's been my new years resolution for the past 2 years I think but yeah... well it's this year's too and I'm sort of making progress- I mean I wait for them to grow a bit more before chomping on them. >:-D

In answer to the actual question, I usually do solid very bright colors or do elaborate designs that I think are very good- well, on the left hand. I usually do a simpler thing on my right hand, 'cause I am right-handed... I like ice cream cones on my nails best. :)

I've only gone to a nail salon once when I was like 7 or 8 or something with my older sister and mom and it was so much fun! :) I got mine shiny orange-peach-sunset-sort-of-color, with a cat stenciled on. It was beautiful! Except- no offense to Chinese people or anything- but I could NOT understand the workers there at all because they had very strong accents. I had to say what, excuse me, or I'm sorry, I can't hear you at least seven times to everything they said. I feel kinda bad, but I was only 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back