The Big Bang Theory References Tamagotchis!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_mamatchi_

Reaction score
Remember when 2 Broke Girls referenced Tamagotchis? Now another CBS show did so!

In an episode of the Big Bang Theory aired two or three weeks ago, Shelldon tells that he has had a Tamagotchi since 1998 and it is "still alive", but an EGG was on the screen, and I think the audience laughed!

It was season 5 episode 16, according to a TV Listing site, and a clip can be found on YouTube.

Awww...I WISH I could see that...but, according to my Mama, Big Bang Theory is the "worst show ever made in the history of the universe."

I saw that episode! It was great. :) I think what he was holding was actually one of those McDonald's plastic Tamagotchi toys, but close enough! The fact that such a great show referenced Tamagotchi was amazing.

:D

Oh! I'm curious to know how you pronounce it, TamaMum. Sheldon pretty much pronounced it the way I say it (have I been saying it wrong all these years???).

I love Sheldon. He is too adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! I'm curious to know how you pronounce it, TamaMum. Sheldon pretty much pronounced it the way I say it (have I been saying it wrong all these years???). I love Sheldon. He is too adorable.
LOL - it's just an accent 'thang' - I don't think it's wrong or right :p

When Sheldon says tamagotchi it sounds (to my ears) like he is saying 'tum-a-gotchi' - tum not tam-a-gotchi (just the way many of us pronounce it in the UK) ;)

Awww...I WISH I could see that...but, according to my Mama, Big Bang Theory is the "worst show ever made in the history of the universe."
Probably because your mom might not believe in the big bang theory, if that's what it's about... *doesn't watch TV*

Whoa, I saw the Tama in the clip! That guy could sell it for a lot of money!

~ Dazzmina ~

My dad watches that show but I am not allowed. (to watch pretty much anything)

Probably because your mom might not believe in the big bang theory, if that's what it's about... *doesn't watch TV*

Whoa, I saw the Tama in the clip! That guy could sell it for a lot of money!

~ Dazzmina ~
**doesn't watch TV either, except when Tamagotchi is on** :eek:

Big Bang Theory is on twice in a row here and I asked mama to watch it in case they had the Tamagotchi ep and she said, "I'd watch ANYTHING but Big Bang Theory!"

Boo boo boo. :(

2 Broke Girls?

What may that be?

Sorry,I am not American.

:p

Ciao for now,

Tamagotchi V6.
Yes, it's an American show. On one episode, they used the Gotchi Figures as cupcake toppers:

1zqejys.png

To the person who said they used the Happy Meal Tamagotchi, I saw the egg moving on the screen. I've seen that design before.

I love the Big Bang Theory! I can't believe I missed this episode. :angry: If Sheldon got a Tamagotchi in 1998, he must've bought a second wave version. It looks similar to the yellow/black tiger stripe design one but minus all the stripes. That's funny that it was an egg on the screen though. He tried to make his point that he could keep care of a tama for that long, but we all know that one tama can't live for 15 earth years straight. Also, no watch batteries last that long either. So it would have to have been reset countless times. Still funny nontheless. :lol: Glad Sheldon is a Tamagotchi fan! :D

Yes, it's an American show. On one episode, they used the Gotchi Figures as cupcake toppers:

1zqejys.png

To the person who said they used the Happy Meal Tamagotchi, I saw the egg moving on the screen. I've seen that design before.

It wasn't moving. Trust me, I even went frame by frame and the egg wasn't moving. :p

You don't have to believe in the Big Bang theory to enjoy the show. I think most people watch it mainly for the character interactions, if anything. All the awesome science embedded into the episodes is a bonus for the scientist in me. :)

The Tamagotchi that Sheldon is holding in the episode is most likely one of those plastic Tamagotchi toys that McDonald's used to have. I doubt that anyone would be able to sell one of those for a high price. XD

Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper, a Tamagotchi fan. Who would have thought? ♥

He says it strange. Like I've always said it as Tah mah got chi, how is it supposed to be pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back