P1 suddenly reset?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojo080889

Reaction score
My P1 was a teenager, but tonight it suddenly made a long beep and when I looked over, it was an egg again! I was so sad! The screen flickered blank for a second, so I thought maybe the batteries were dying. I hatched it anyway and now it seems to be doing fine, so now I'm not so sure. I'm afraid my tama is going to reset itself again :\ Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do about it?

Thanks!

I have never heard of this happening....hmmmm maybe you pushed the reset button by accident? Have you ever dropped it?maybe the circuits are messed up......

How old are the batteries in it?

How old are the batteries in it?
I'm not sure, I bought it off of eBay a few days ago.

It was just lying on my desk when it happened so I don't think I accidentally pressed anything.

I think I'll go buy some new batteries just in case and just hope it doesn't happen again :eek:

Well...

As always check the batteries...

It could be the batteries were loose to begin with... Use some art foam to keep them in place. (To help hold them down) Sometimes, older tamas need a bit more pressure on the batteries.

Another thing, if you want, since it was purchased online... I would check the inside. Clean it with a q-tip... I find random stuff in used ones all the time... Usually the stuff inside is why they don't work... or work correctly...

OK, this just happened with my P2 I'm also running. ARGH! I *know* I have new batteries in this one, but the cover is slightly lifted because I didn't screw one of the screws in all the way (I had the hardest time getting it out so I was afraid to put it back in completely). So I taped the battery cover so that it'd be flush... hopefully that fixes it. ;_;

Mine had the screws sticking out of it for a while until I found pliers that could grab the edges... I used duct tape on the inside. Made sure the tape was tight and holding the batteries well. Then put the back shell on... Then taped that too. If I felt it needed help holding the batteries down (The tape) I would place squishy foam in the inside too on top of the duct tape holding the batteries in.... Then the shell being on like normal. (The foam just adds more holding power, less wiggle room... )

I personally would rather the screws out even if they are the slightest picky going in or out... I'd use the duct tape.

So today the P1 reset AGAIN... around the same time it did last time (the Tama was a teenager, about to turn into an adult). Maybe it's just not able to get past the teenager stage for some reason. :(

LOL, my new P2 reset half an hour after I got it, but I realized that the screen was fading so the batteries were dead.

LOL, my new P2 reset half an hour after I got it, but I realized that the screen was fading so the batteries were dead.
That's a good reason for not using the original batteries that it come with. It's best to buy new ones because that way you know it won't die from dead batteries.

My v5.5 does that constantly. I could never find out why.
whoa, I was just about to make a new topic when I saw your post :eek: yesterday I had a somewhat similar experience... in the morning I reached for my V5.5 to check upon them and I was in the middle of a game when it suddenly made a long beep, and I got the "Wait!" screen, the one you get when you start up a tama for the first time. at first I thought it's only the batteries (I didn't push the reset by accident or anything like that, it seemed to be totally random), but a second later I realised it's not the battery animation :( and it asked for the date, time and all that. I tried to reset, but all I got was this screen again, the same happened when I inserted a new battery, same screen, not even a Download/Reset option. full restart :(

hearing it's not a unique experience is at the same time good (it wasn't me who did something wrong) and bad (regarding that it may happen again). awww, too bad, now I'll also be afraid of this everytime I'm running this version...

(not to mention I planned to marry one of the family members, they had 90% bonds already -_- )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back