Sign in to follow this  
Eternal Mametchi Fan

The virtual pet... or the anime?

Duh duh duh DUUUUUUUUUUUUH!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the tama anime or virtual pet?

• Virtual pet
    • Anime
    • I haven't seen the show...

Recently, something HAPPENED. I started liking watching the Tamagotchi show more than looking after the virtual pets. The show is just sooooo hilarious and I guess... I dunno... the virtual pets aren't exactly HILARIOUS AND SOOOOOOOOOO RANDOM! So yeah... vote if you wish.

As much as I love the anime, I like the virtual pet better. Its hard to compare a toy to an anime, but when I think about it, the point if tamagotchi isn't the anime or tamatown, but it's the v-pets. :)

I like rather the anime actually. It's like so funny and cute. ^_^ But I will never forget the little Tamagotchi v-pets!

Both. :) (I have seen a few anime episodes on TamaTube). I love how the anime personalises the characters, making them seem more like real live friends. In turn, that livens up the toy and makes me think, "oh, cute, Chamametchi! She's Mametchi's little sister and although her voice is so squeaky she's very smart! I wish she could help me with my mental maths at school, lol...". Knowing the character personalities really brings out the best in the toy, and the toy brings out the best in the anime, so I guess they're kind of intertwined. :)

~ Dazzmina ~

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TamaBoy9000
      It all started when I found a Japanese DVD rip of episode 104 of Tamagotchi! online. Then, 10 minutes into the video, I found this screenshot right here, and I thought, "This looks very useful for a meme." (NOTE: If any of you guys want to use this for a meme, go ahead.)

Below is an example I made.

• By Jop
      https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/topics/201911-1/
      (Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Ftamagotch.channel.or.jp%2Ftopics%2F201911-1%2F)
      As far as Google Translate gets me: In order to celebrate the 23th anniversary of Tamagotchi and the release of the Tamagotchi Sweets Meets, they'll put up episodes of the TV show on YouTube every day during november. At the end of 2019 they will take them back down.
      No English subtitles though (other than YouTube's auto-generated ones).
    • By Penguin-keeper
      For those who don't know of TruffleShuffle.co.uk, it's an online retailer that sells retro/pop-culture-themed goods. I'm just quickly posting this because I found this on their site the other day;

It's always nice to see new official Tamagotchi items. This one is an official Tamagotchi heat-change mug, and it can be found here if any of you guys want one.
    • By TamagotchiiPrincess
      Hi can someone identify this version of chickpet where can i find the Chickpet tamagotchi pink design i'v been looking on internet can't find the one i want... where Can I purchase one like this please🤔 any suggestions? Xx

• By Odourman
      First I made a dough out of flour, salt and water. I shaped it into a stand and put it into the oven. When it was done I made glue out of flour, water and salt. I mixed those things in a pot cooked it. I put glue all over the Tamagotchi stand!!!

It looked icky.
      After it has dried I painted it.

Then I took, what-it's-called?, white fluffy stuff, synthetic cotton?

And I throw that fluff into the green paint water!!!

Waiting for it to dry was boring so I used microwave.

Then I had green, green, fluff of home.

And YAY! It is finished!

The R.I.P Tamagotchi Stand

EDIT:
      I might cut down on the fluff....
    • By *CrazyChick*
      I'm beyond confused and sorry for the confused title I have no idea what to title this. Ok on to the question. You guys know how tamagotchi can like somewhat talk. How they'll call out your name when sad or hungry. I woke up this morning to my twins as adults calling me literally and I quote "Anon, we want to play"* (roughly what they said I should of taken a picture but I was panicked) I have never seen them say that before. Like they were near full happiness and fed so I was baffled. Even the attention icon was on. Again baffled. It went away after a few minutes.
      So to summarize, has anyone seen similar behavior in their tamagotchi, or other odd things like this?