A Note About Discount Stores

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Discount stores are known for selling fake, cheap stuff... but, sometimes, they DO sell legitimate Tamagotchis. For example, one such shop called "The Reject Shop" sells fake, $2 virtual pets that look almost exactly like P2s except they have 4 buttons instead of three. However, this very same shop sells authentic Wave 2 Tama-Gos for $8 and Tamagotchi Deco-Ratchi kits. So when buying a Tama from a discount store you should know that...

♥ The real Tamagotchis would cost at least $5; a price like $2 is unrealistic

♥ The store is unlikely going to sell a Tamagotchi from several years back; so if you think you find a considerably old Tamagotchi version, it could be a fake

♥ Discount stores often sell things from other countries, so if the Tamagotchi comes with a CD / DVD (like the Music Star that came with a Tamagotchi the Movie DVD I got which turned out to only work in the US)you should check the country it says in the tiny writing on the disk

♥ You should probably check to see if the product for sale has been for sale in other non-discount shops, to be sure it's not fake

Hope I helped!

~ EMF :wacko:

I don't think you can call them "fake" unless they say they are tamagotchi and made by Bandai. From what I can understand, it seems like they are just other virtual pets, not fake tamas. And if a V-pet is only $2, I wouldn't worry about being ripped off, since it wasn't any huge price. But thanks anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back