What is a ID L tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Tamagotchi iD L is a Japanese-language color-screen Tamagotchi. Here's Bandai's web page for the Tamagotchi iD L: https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/toy/tamago_idl/index.html (It's in Japanese, of course, but even if you can't read Japanese, you'll find the pictures interesting. On that page, click the round jewels marked 1 - 7, and the heart shaped jewel to the left of them, for more information.)

Instead of an online TamaTown site, the Tamagotchi iD L has quite a few built-in travel destinations, and has a special "download" feature that allows you to add new content to it via IR. Bandai Japan posts new content (meals, snacks, clothing, accessories such as hats and hair ribbons, living room wallpapers, mini games, toys, etc.) on a special web site. Japanese users can visit this site and download the new content to their cell phones. Then the downloads can be sent by IR from the cell phone to the Tamagotchi.

Oh! so it's just the tamagotchi color! i've heard about that and am so sad its not in america or any english speaking places... :( how can someone use one of these if they don't speak japanese? is there a way to change the language?

Oh! so it's just the tamagotchi color! i've heard about that and am so sad its not in america or any english speaking places... :( how can someone use one of these if they don't speak japanese? is there a way to change the language?
you can't change the language, it's all in japanese. however, it really is quite simple, the only drawbacks are that you can't read what characters are saying. (when you meet them in the park)

i think that most of us who have an iD L on tamatalk know zero japanese, but we all understand how to use it, as it's like a regular tamagotchi, only with A LOT more features. if you still don't understand it, there are guides out there that you can read about the iD L, so you're not as confused.

There have been several color-screen models over the past few years.

Tamagotchi Plus Color (TMGC+C) - the first color-screen model. This one doesn't accept download content.

Hexagontchi - similar to the TMGC+C but has some different characters you could raise, and has different built-in mini-games.

Tamagotchi iD - this is the first model that accepted download content.

Tamagotchi iD Lovely Melody version - similar to the regular iD, but has some different characters.

Tamagotchi iD L - this is the current series. It has more features than the iD.

Tamagotchi iD L 15th Anniversary ver. - similar to the regular iD L, but different characters, and different travel destinations.

Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy ver. - similar to the regular iD L, but some different characters, etc. This is the current model. It came out in March 2012.

thanks guys! :blink: i super badly want one now! :( where do you get them? just off ebay or is there a official site to buy from? :huh:

You can buy them off cdjapan.com, ebay.com and TamaDepa for the Japanese Store in Tokyo.

thanks guys! :blink: i super badly want one now! :( where do you get them? just off ebay or is there a official site to buy from? :huh:
The official site to buy off is Tamagotchi Japan's site called, "TamaDepa". There's also a store in Tokyo Japan called TamaDepa. I think it was on Takeshita Street in Tokyo, it was a pedestrian-only street. eBay also sells them, when you search Tamagotchi iD L/ iD/ Plus Color. Tons of Japanese shopping sites have them, like CDJapan, Rakuten, Amazon Japan, and much more. ;)

thanks for answering, but i tried "tamadepa.com" and cdjapan.com and niether worked! i tihnk ill just stick with ebay, but once i get my fabulous id l i will post/ask all sorts of quiestions!

thanks for answering, but i tried "tamadepa.com" and cdjapan.com and niether worked! i tihnk ill just stick with ebay, but once i get my fabulous id l i will post/ask all sorts of quiestions!
tamadepa isn't an online store...you can only visit it in japan. cdjapan should have them...maybe you should google it instead of just typing "cdjapan.com" in the box.

Yes there are many Japan stores that sell them. Like Hobby Link Japan and Rakuten. I bought my Tamagotchi Id l Princess Spacey from Rakuten and it only took 3 days to ship! And Id l's are AMAZING! I am really glad you are going to get one. Your going to have so much fun like I am having with my Id l Spacey.

omg!! thanks for the cdjapan and unfortunatly i didnt go to it until i purchased another tama id from ebay. the only thing about cdjapan is that the shipping is not very good. oh, well i guess thats cause its coming from japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back