My V6 got wet...Now it's HAUNTED!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Um... I am an idiot. I had my Music Star in a bag with a bottle of water, and I guess the water condensed and wet my Music Star... :( Anyhow, the buttons often refuse to obey me--especially the A button. But sometimes when I'm not using it, the buttons seem to press THEMSELVES! :eek: My Tamagotchi FED ITSELF A MEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAALLL! I tried to take the tama apart, but the screws are way too tight... does anyone know another way to fix this? My Tama is looking after itself and it's kinda creepy...

~ EMF :wacko:

i left my V3 out in a rain storm once, years ago. Anyway, just let the gotchi dry, taking it apart and laying it in rice will work best

and the whole button issue, it happend to the V3 as well, its just the water getting in the way.

don't worry, it just needs to dry out first.

-Nazo25 :nazotchi: :nazotchi: :nazotchi: :nazotchi:

When I dropped my V4 in the sink, the buttons pressed themselves.

Are you using the right screwdriver, or do you have some... um, oil you can put on it? Or maybe try cleaning them with cleaning alcohol.

Take it apart and lay it out to dry for a day or two. I'm so sorry about your music star and i hope it works after you do these steps. =(

Take it apart. Then put it in rice for maybe three days. Then put it back together. So sorry about your music star I dropped my v4 in water once. I hope this works :) !

What I would do is debug it, I heard bad things about debugging but I don't know what else to do. But the thing I would do first is take it apart and take a kleenex and dry the inside I doubt it will help but it might. maybe if you reset it it might help Who knows you might get lucky or you might open it up and find a piece of wood or something lodged in your button area interfearing with the button pressing. I know it is tight but if you try hard enough(without stripping the screw) you can open it up. Sorry if none of this helps thats one reason I always keep my tamas in my pocket(plus both of mine are fairly rare(Flames and glow in the dark)

It's not good if you touch the circuit board, so I wouldn't dry it with a Kleenex, and no one has successfully debugged a Music Star (at least no one that I've heard of). Just try to open it up and put it in rice, like everyone's said.

What I would do is debug it, I heard bad things about debugging but I don't know what else to do. But the thing I would do first is take it apart and take a kleenex and dry the inside I doubt it will help but it might. maybe if you reset it it might help Who knows you might get lucky or you might open it up and find a piece of wood or something lodged in your button area interfearing with the button pressing. I know it is tight but if you try hard enough(without stripping the screw) you can open it up. Sorry if none of this helps thats one reason I always keep my tamas in my pocket(plus both of mine are fairly rare(Flames and glow in the dark)
Do NOT debug a V6 whatever you do!! I broke two V6s and a V3 trying to debug. Never ever debug, it's a horrible experience because your Tama gradually builds up glitches and can sometimes do things so weird as dying with weight 99 lbs for no reason. It's scary.

~ Dazzmina ~

Umm... I don't know how to break it to you, but no one's ever debugged a V6...

i say-...

*removed - off topic *

Last edited by a moderator:
* removed - off topic *

* removed - back seat moderating*

And EMF,

Lordy! Is it that beautiful V6 you say you have,

Pink Lullaby,just like me?

Oh,Wow.I say,like the rest.

RICE!~

Yup, open it up and put it in rice...my v6 that fell in the toilet still glitches. But atleast in a good way. It gives me ALOT of money for no reason, lol.

* removed - back seat moderating*

And EMF,

Lordy! Is it that beautiful V6 you say you have,

Pink Lullaby,just like me?

Oh,Wow.I say,like the rest.

RICE!~
No, it's a red music star. My pink v6 works fine. And I have rice... it's just that taking it apart is the problem. I have a set of screwdrivers of every size and type in the universe but none of them work... :angry:

You should use a lot of pressure on the screws, but not so the screw breaks and turn the screwdriver counter-clockwise. Use a small headed philip-screwdriver, or the one with a plus.

That happened to one of my V2s once. The water is just connecting the buttons to the circuit, carefully taking it apart and drying it out in rice should fix the problem. :)

Sorry, but when you said it fed itself a meal, I burst out laughing!!!

2 years ago I bought a chocolate argyle v4.5 off of Amazon. I got it, and the day after (it was Summer) I was wading in our pool while it was filling up. It was up to my thighs and I had the tama on a lanyard. I was walking around in the water while playing, and it fell.....*GULP*

But yeah, I was terrified. I snatched it out of the water and brought it inside. Literally every 30 seconds I got mail, and the buttons would randomly press themselves. And if I actually pressed a button, woe betide me, because if I clicked A, then B or C would be clicked. If I clicked C, sometimes C would click, maybe B or A.....this went on for about a day. I ended up leaving it under a pillow it was so annoyingly loud. There was also some water pooled under the screen that was visible. It eventually died up and still works today. Just make sure you put it in a bowl of uncooked rice, which will soak up the moisture.

I've gotten a Tamagotchi wet before. The water got onto the circuit board, and it wet the contacts that the buttons press down on, so it thinks you're pressing the buttons, but it's really the water on there that triggers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back