Downloading for my iD L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
...Well...I want to download for my iD L but I have no clue whatsoever. What sort of USB cable thingamabob do I need to download it from my computer (not mobile phone)? I would like a pic of one and I would like to know if you can get them from electronic stores instead of online... I also need to know what site to download from and what to click on and WHAT you can download--I know you can download house models but can you download clothes and stuff?

Sorry I'm so clueless.

~ EMF :rolleyes:

The Tamagotchi iD L accepts the following types if downloads: games (Game Center), living room wallpapers (Gotchi Interior), happy mail (Mailbox), letters (Mailbox), meals (Restaurant), snacks (TamaBakery), snacks (TamaCafe), daily necessities (TamaDepa), seeds (TamaDepa), toys (TamaDepa), accessories (TamaMori), clothes (TamaMori), travel destinations (door icon menu).

Bandai releases new downloads every few days, on tama-id-l.com Since some are time-limited offers, we've been collecting them and re-posting them so they're all available for anyone who missed a few. A link to the latest compilation .zip file can always be found in this topic on Tama-Zone: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=24523 (It's updated as soon as new downloads are discovered.)

A member here on TamaTalk has written a very good guide to getting a USB-IR adapter to work. Here's the link: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/177033-tamagotchi-id-l-help/page__view__findpost__p__3115126

Okay! So do I download them first, and THEN connect them to my Tamagotchi? :) But I don't know what the USB connector thingamabob looks like...

Okay! So do I download them first, and THEN connect them to my Tamagotchi? :) But I don't know what the USB connector thingamabob looks like...
Okay, first you have to extract the files so that they aren't zip files anymore, they're JPEGs. (if you use a Mac and you click on the download folders, it automatically extracts them for you. Another reason why I love Mac. <3) anyway, after you do that, um....I'm not quite sure what happens next in terms of an IR USB. I think the guide binary posted will probably explain.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some USB's are RECEIVERS, meaning that they won't beam things onto your iD L (is that correct? I have absolutely no experience with these). So watch out.

THIS is an example of an IR USB. Do make sure to do your research before getting one, as it has been said it's very, very difficult to use a USB and will cause temporary insanity. (so it's been said)

The first few download batches can be found here: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=24523&st=0ome

I've found that the downloads won't work unless you use some sort of archiver for them. I use a program called Hamster free zip archiving or something to make them suitable to send to my iD L. When I was still using my USB adapter, I connected that to my computer. Once the adapter detected my iD L, it came up with a file-sending screen on my computer. While the iD L was still connected to the adapter, I selected which download I wanted to send. It takes a lot of tries; in fact, with me, I just gave up and bought a phone instead. But I hear you can get the USB thing to work, with a lot of tries, and the downloads are definitely worth it. :)

Good luck getting the downloads! :D

~ Dazzmina ~

So in order to get the downloads from my computer to my phone, I HAVE to get an IR USB adapter? I've been having a lot of difficulty finding one for my Windows 7 PC :( Isn't there a cord I use to connect the computer to my phone with and load them that way so I can get my files from my phone to the iD L? :unsure:

So in order to get the downloads from my computer to my phone, I HAVE to get an IR USB adapter? I've been having a lot of difficulty finding one for my Windows 7 PC :( Isn't there a cord I use to connect the computer to my phone with and load them that way so I can get my files from my phone to the iD L? :unsure:
That is exactly what you should do. See, it's pretty hard to get the IR USB to work, so people just use a phone with IR because it's easier and better for your sanity. Phones have a data cable you can use to transfer files from your computer to your phone.

Before you purchase an USB infrared convertor, check to see if your computer has a built in infrared port. I was about to buy one myself, but then it turned out my oldish computer has a port. You can check under hardware and devices or under network and connections on your computer. Then you can just download the downloads (lol) and beam the right over to your Id l.

Before you purchase an USB infrared convertor, check to see if your computer has a built in infrared port. I was about to buy one myself, but then it turned out my oldish computer has a port. You can check under hardware and devices or under network and connections on your computer. Then you can just download the downloads (lol) and beam the right over to your Id l.
Actually, for some reason the iD L will recognize the computer, but it will give up. I've tried it with my old laptop with downloads on it, and it kept on giving up, and just sold my laptop instead. It would be easier if you used a infra-red phone. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have never owned a mobile phone because I am AGAINST MOBILE PHONES, BWAHAHAHAA! Would it work for a normal computer, not a laptop...? Do you think they sell the cable thingamabobs in electronic stores here, like d*** Smith, or are they only in Japan (thus only for sale online...like ebay)? :mellow:

I've seen them in Best Buy.

Also, you don't have to hook it up to service for it to work. Are you against phones if it's only for your Tama? :p

Thanks for the help... but I still don't know what they look like. Please post a pic instead of having a link to the ~FORBIDDEN~ site (eBay).

And yes, I am against cell phones. Never touched one in my life. :) Mreeheehee...

But I still don't know if they will work on computers that aren't laptops. :angry:

I want to know EVERYTHING before downloading.

Here's a link I found through Google.

https://www.google.co...,r:11,s:0,i:102

(Sorry, yes it does lead to Ebay but at least you can see what it looks like)

To quote Binary, "It's better for your mental health if you get an infra-red cell phone." You can get them extremely cheap- OST got hers for $10. Even if you're against them, I say it's better to get one and not hook it up to service than pulling your hair out trying to get the Dongle to work.
... Does the cell phone thingie need to have the internet? I don't have wireless internet... :huh:

No, it SHOULDN'T need Internet as long as you don't hook it up to service.

Some phones require a SIM card so that they start up; That's not a big deal, as long as the seller includes one or you can buy one. However, it's better if you get one that doesn't require one (I think) so that you can use it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back