Telling how to know the differences between a fake and real tama.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MametchiBub=^X^=

Reaction score
Today I'm going to tell you how to know the difference between a fake and real tamagotchi.

Many buyers on e-bay and sometimes other trading/buying websites aren't fully checking that their (tamagotchis) are real or just a fraud.

A couple of ways to know you've got a real tamagotchi is that you can find the Ban Dai brand on the packet of the product.

Also another way is to see if (The tamagotchi characters) are actually made by Ban Dai company and see if the details of the exact version you bought from the person look similar to real Ban dai versions :D

Like for example a V5,

Many people on e-bay try to sell version 5s that have fake characters on the design and there is no house on the top of the tamagotchi device.

Anyways if you need to know more please tell me on this topic.

I will answer them sincerely :)

Umm... what?

------------------

Well, some V5s are disguised really hard, but the only way to tell is if it has the Bandai logo and if the design ACTUALLY exists.

;) Also, JiDan uses the BanDai characters, not their own fake characters, they copyright the characters and pass them on as theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Japanese V5's/FamiTama's don't have houses on their antennae's, so if it has a little loop part instead of a house, it's most likely a Japanese version. Also, there are a few of the fakes for the V5, but some have real Tamagotchi's inside, but a different package and DVD and says it's a Chinese version. There are lots of Japanese characters as well, for example, Bunbuntchi from the Osutchi and V3:

Bunbuntchi_original_and_sprite.png

Picture from Tamagotchi Wikia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm... what?

------------------

Well, some V5s are disguised really hard, but the only way to tell is if it has the Bandai logo and if the design ACTUALLY exists.

;) Also, JiDan uses the BanDai characters, not their own fake characters, they copyright the characters and pass them on as theirs.
I hate it how ppl do that.. :(

It's not right:(

We do already have an active topic on this forum : Avoiding these Fakes https://www.tamatalk....ng-these-fakes/

Where pretty much the same or very similar information is covered. It would be more helpful for everyone to contribute to the one, original thread with any new (not duplicate) information about being able to identify fakes because all the useful and interesting information can be found in one, easy to find topic instead of spread across several topics on the forums. I am therefore asking everyone to use the other thread to discuss these.

Everyone please try to remember to check the forums for existing, active threads about the same subject before you post a topic or reply?

Many thanks.

*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back