Tama Angel Screw Problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamalove2

March 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
Okay, I recently decided to replace the batteries in my Angel, something I haven't done with this particular tama before. I tried to use the screwdriver that I usually use with my other tamas, but I couldn't get the screws to turn. I then tried to use a rather small screwdriver I have, it appeared to match up with the screws perfectly and everything, but the screws still won't turn. So, does anyone know of any particular screwdrivers that will work on the Angel? Did I ruin the screws? Will I have to rip the back off and hold in together with tape from now on?

Thank you for your time!

I'm not quite sure about these types of screws, but a much better solution than ripping off the back would be to go to a jeweler and have them remove the screw for you and replace it with a new one (if you're afraid of breaking the screw/just want the screw out). This is only as a last resort, if nothing else anybody says helps.

Hope this helped ^^

I use a eyeglasses screwdriver. Sometimes, the screws take a little bit of work, but if when you bought it, it was previously used, the screws may be stripped. If you think this is the case, you COULD rip off the back and hold it with tape, OR you could take it to a watch repair service.

I think you should try one more time. Try not to let your hands or screwdriver slip as this make break the screws. Maybe like putting a tiny piece of butter on the screws will make it easier to get them off.

Avoid the cheap "jeweler's screwdriver set" from the discount store. Go to a hardware store, and get a #0 phillips with a real handle. If the heads of your Tamagotchi's screws haven't been damaged already, this screwdriver will fit in snugly and won't damage the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back