Tamagotchi ID L questions?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miriam

Reaction score
Can somebody explain exactly what the Tamagotchi ID L is?

I mean, I know it's a color tama and it's in japanese, but that's about all I know. Anyway, it sounds really cool (Always wanted a color tama!) and i'm wondering if it's worth buying.

-What are some cool features it has that aren't on the Tama-Go?

-And, i've heard that they are very expensive. Like, $100 expensive. Is that true? I would want to buy a new one, if I did get one, but is there anywhere I can order one that doesn't cost so much? I doubt my mom would let me spend $100 on a tama. When I got my Tama-Go it cost $20 and my mom was like :eek: "Isn't that WAY too much to be paying for a virtual pet?" Lol, $20 is nothing for a tama now.

-Last question, can it visit Tama-Go and Music Star tamas? I'm assuming not, but i'm curious.

Thanks for reading!!!!!

1. The Tamagotchi iD L is a colour Tamagotchi released exclusively in Japan. It has many characters, features, and downloads available to transfer onto the iD L via IR.

2. Almost all iD L's on eBay are under $100. The cheapest one I've seen was $55, not including shipping. THIS is the cheapest one on eBay I've seen so far. eBay or tBay is your best bet for cheap iD L's. Yahoo auctions is also cheap, but there is shipping, customs, and other fees to consider due to the fact you have to use Rinkya or a similar site to bid there.

3. No. Colour Tamagotchis can only connect with other colour Tamagotchis.

It's a really fun color Tamagotchi with lots of characters! Each character has their own set of favorite clothes, toys, and food. When you get all a Tama-s favorites, their information and picture will get stored in a special book. The more characters in the book you have, the more locations you will unlock! It's also fun to dress up the Tamagotchi and you can even adopt a Tama Pet. The only Tamas it can connect to are the iD and other iD Ls, but it can only get married to the iD.

Also see...

https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/Tamagotchi_iD_L

NO WAY! There's clothes?! And LOCATIONS?! And pets!? :D I am totally gonna be getting this, I need to start saving! (Yay, more chores! :mellow: ) What are the differences between the ID L and the ID tama?

What are the differences between the ID L and the ID tama?
The download clothing for the iD can be worn only in the photostudio for a photo session. Download clothing for the iD L can be worn all the time.

The number of adult characters you can raise on the iD much less than you can raise on an iD L. (11 vs 32)

On the iD L, you can get special items from plants you've grown from seeds. (Seeds aren't available on the iD.)

If you have access to three other iD L-series Tamagotchis, you can get special gifts by sending happy mail to them. (Happy mail is a download type.)

On the iD L, certain adult characters can transform in to their alter-ego, if you have the necessary item and visit the necessary travel location. Example: Kuchipatchi + Dinosaur Hat + go to Henshin Jo = Patchizaurusu

The download clothing for the iD can be worn only in the photostudio for a photo session. Download clothing for the iD L can be worn all the time.

The number of adult characters you can raise on the iD much less than you can raise on an iD L. (11 vs 32)

On the iD L, you can get special items from plants you've grown from seeds. (Seeds aren't available on the iD.)

If you have access to three other iD L-series Tamagotchis, you can get special gifts by sending happy mail to them. (Happy mail is a download type.)

On the iD L, certain adult characters can transform in to their alter-ego, if you have the necessary item and visit the necessary travel location. Example: Kuchipatchi + Dinosaur Hat + go to Henshin Jo = Patchizaurusu
So basicly the IDL is better?

And I've heard you need an infra-red phone to download stuff. I don't have one, so is there any other way to download stuff onto the tama? Because I'm the sort of person who will go out and buy a special phone just so I can make sure I'm getting full use of what I bought. And i'm already spending enough on the tama itself, let alone ordering a new phone from Japan! And i'm totally getting the ID L. It sounds so much nicer. I think my mom thinks im weird because I am 13 and like tamagotchis and video games (Like Animal Crossing! Look it up if you don't know what it is. Because its really fun. ANIMAL CROSSING 3DS CAN'T WAIT! :blink: ) but she said she will begin giving me an allowance for doing my chores so I can save up for the ID L. IT SEEMS SO WORTH IT THOUGH!

You actually do not need a phone from Japan. A list of compatible cellphones (and other IR devices) can be found in this tama-zone.com topic: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=22536

Step-by-step instructions how to transfer a download item from various phones to a Tamagotchi-iD L can be found in this tama-zone.com topic: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=24932

Maximum Download Storage on the Tamagotchi-iD L

Location___________Maximum number of downloaded items you can store there

Restaurant_________20 meals

TamaBakery__________5 snacks

TamaCafe___________15 snacks

Game Center_________2 mini-games

Gotchi Interior____10 livingroom wallpapers

TamaDepa___________15 (5 daily necessities plus 10 toys)

TamamoriShop_______15 (5 clothes plus 10 accessories)

Door Menu___________2 destinations

Mailbox____________21 (20 letters plus 1 happy mail)

A few new download items for the Tamagotchi-iD L series are released by Bandai every few days. So far there have been 785 released. The collection can be found in this tama-zone.com topic: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=24523

(original topic here)

Last edited by a moderator:
PDA's with IR work too. :) Ask around if anybody you know has an old Palm or something they can lend you. IrDA USB's work as well, but they need a bit of patience to get them to work.

So you can't use an iPhone 3GS? Aww. Well, is it still worth getting if you can't download extras? And when I upgrade my phone, I was going to (maybe) downgrade to a regular non-smartphone. And maybe I could get one of these phones, if I get the ID L, which I definitely am. Because I go to a private school, and next year i'm going to public school (Yeah!) and mom told me she would get me something really nice as a going-to-a-new-school present. She suggested an iPad. But I would feel horrible letting my mom spend so much on me, over $500, without me doing any work to earn it. So I just said, "Could you just get me the new Tamagotchi? That would be great!" and she said, "Sure. That's a lot easier. I'll get you that." Yay!

So you can't use an iPhone 3GS? Aww. Well, is it still worth getting if you can't download extras? And when I upgrade my phone, I was going to (maybe) downgrade to a regular non-smartphone. And maybe I could get one of these phones, if I get the ID L, which I definitely am. Because I go to a private school, and next year i'm going to public school (Yeah!) and mom told me she would get me something really nice as a going-to-a-new-school present. She suggested an iPad. But I would feel horrible letting my mom spend so much on me, over $500, without me doing any work to earn it. So I just said, "Could you just get me the new Tamagotchi? That would be great!" and she said, "Sure. That's a lot easier. I'll get you that." Yay!
No, you can't use an iPhone to download. Yes, it is totally worth it without downloads. Lots of us have survived without them, although they are a fun extra. :)

I don't believe that they sell IR phones anymore, unfortunately. Your best bet is to get one from eBay or buy an IrDA USB adapter, although I recommend the former as the latter is kind of difficult to get to work.

I'll try to find an IR phone on eBay after I order in my Tamagotchi, because the downloading extra stuff thing sounds really cool. If anybody happens to find a pink Tamagotchi ID L on eBay that doesn't cost too much, please post the link to it, if you could. I would really appreciate it. ^_^

Just to continue, :) I had my iD L for a few months and it was absolutely fantastic! Then I started looking at all the downloads that have been released (we've almost hit 1000... :D ) and I thought I'd invest in one of the infra-red phones. I got mine for $35 on Craigslist, and it has enhanced the iD L a lot for me! The downloads are definitely a fantastic bonus, although it is usable (and enjoyable ;) ) without them.

And to answer that question up there, no, the iD L is not in English and Bandai has said numerous times that they have no plans for an English Tamagotchi in color.

Sorry for the posting twice in a row... but I need to add this.

Do they sell pink Tamagotchi ID Ls on Amazon? I know they're probably going to be around double what you should be paying, but I really want to bu it from someplace where the tama is still in it's original packaging, and you don't have to worry about scams and stuff. I really dont care how much it costs, I want to make sure it's completely brand new and you can return it if it doesn't work.

Sorry for the posting twice in a row... but I need to add this.

Do they sell pink Tamagotchi ID Ls on Amazon? I know they're probably going to be around double what you should be paying, but I really want to but it from someplace where the tama is still in it's original packaging, and you don't have to worry about scams and stuff. I really dont care how much it costs, I want to make sure it's completely brand new and you can return it if it doesn't work.

Not sure if they do anymore (I bet they do!), but I remember I ordered my iD L from Amazon and it arrived pristinely, and 3 weeks ahead of schedule. They are extremely expensive, however (mine was over $100), but iD L's are so much fun anyways. <3

Ok, wait sorry I meant about the posting 2 times in a row that I hadnt seen the new post from Violetchiluvr3 so I thought I would be posting twice in a row from my last post. And then my silly laptop posted what I said twice. Lol.

(sorry for the double post but I'm on my iPhone and it won't let me edit my other one)

I just looked, and they DO have pink iD L's in stock, AND they've lowered the price to $80! Defiantly order it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back