Sign in to follow this  
luke-likeamoose

Does anyone over the age of 16 still play with tamagotchis?

I'm 20 and just dug mine up again. I could never not love these things! :)

I'm 21 and I've been obsessed with vpets since I was 6... xD

I think I might take the cake on this one, LOL. I am 26 and married and still play! SO there is hope for everyone :) I kept my collection going ever since I was a little kid when the first ones came out and over the years I'd buy a handful of each new version so my collection is getting pretty big, at least for me because I think last time I counted them all there were nearly 30 or so and there is about one from each version still in the packages. I used to get embarrassed when someone would make fun of me for playing but I'm over it. Matter of fact, last weekend we went on a family camping trip and when my brother and his gf laughed at me when I pulled one out of my tent I threw another at each of them and got them to start playing too!

I'm going to be buried with my Tamagotchis. They are a permanent part of my life. They'll be with me even when I'm old and in a nursing home.

Love my tamagotchis. They still give me that rush when I first discovered them in 1996/7. I'll be 28 in a month and some change.

Definitely. I'm in my mid-twenties and still love them to pieces. And actually, my younger brother (who's also above 16) loves them as well. I do sometimes get comments from strangers when they see me playing with it in public ("You're too old for that," etc), but to be honest, most of the comments I get are very positive. A lot of people talk about how much they used to enjoy them and think they're adorable. Some mention that they still play with them. So I don't think it's nearly as uncommon as some people (the negative ones) would make you think. Tamagotchis are downright cute and fun; what isn't to love about them?

I'm 25 and I'm just getting back into them :)

I'm 28 and there really is no end to my love for Tamas. I've loved them since I was 11. ^_^

If I ever stop loving my tamas, then I'll probably have to back out of my antisocial shell, so no.

And I'm still very young!

Just turned 18 this month and i still play with Tamas ^.^ I think i will always love them :3

I am 27 and I just got back into tamas when I found the tama app. I had at least 8 digital pets of different brands and kinds when I was a kid. I am now obsessed again. I have two id L's (One being English version), and I am debating adding a P to my collection. My family makes fun of me for it, but it was like reconnecting with my childhood so I ignore them.

I think most of us here are actually between 17-30. Which is very nice, because I feel rather ashamed of this hobby in rl life and it's great to know that I'm not the only person not being a kid that loves vpets... Plus the opportunity to share the joy of getting new ones or raising them, with others is super nice. ^__^
I'm 21. :P

• Like 1

I think most of us here are actually between 17-30. Which is very nice, because I feel rather ashamed of this hobby in rl life and it's great to know that I'm not the only person not being a kid that loves vpets... Plus the opportunity to share the joy of getting new ones or raising them, with others is super nice. ^__^

I'm 21. :P

Yep, I'm 19 and I feel totally the same way :)

I am 32 and have played them nearly continuously since 1997. I love any virtual pet. It started with the original Catz: Your Computer Petz for PC in 1996 and has continued on into Webkinz today. I have kids now and use them as a bit of a 'cover' for still playing. I just love virtual pets.

ETA - I forgot all about Little Computer People from 1987! I loved that game too. It came on floppy back when not many people had home PCs. (My dad was/is a computer guy.) My person was named Brent. He had a dog and I loved interacting with him.

Edited by TamagotchiTime
  • Like 1