How do i ask my mum a tamagotchi ID L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitchy

Reaction score
I'm 16 years old, and ive always loved tamagotchis.

the second i heard of the new tamagotchi ID L that i want a pink one!

The problem is not the money, i can just save it. the thing is i'm too embarassed to ask my mum to order it

:C

what do i do?

Is there another adult you could ask to order it for you? If not, and you really are that embarassed,

~ claim that you have a friend who really wants one and you want to get them the tama as a gift. Then, when it arrives, take it to school to "give it to your friend", and come home with it, and say your friend ordered one and didn't mention it to you and it got to their house yesterday, so they said you could just keep the one you got for them.

~ say a friend recommended you get a tama iD L

~ get a friend to order one for you, tell your mom they gave it to you as a gift or they ordered the wrong one and cant return it so they let you have it, and pay your friend for the tama later without your mom knowing

~ ask your mom to get it, say all your friends have one and you feel left out (might make your mom think tamas are common for teens to own)

That's all I can think of. I know how you feel, I felt awkward asking my mom to buy me the Tamagotchi iD L, too.

But I got my pink tama iD L in the mail 2 days ago, and it's worth every penny. Its so fun! My tama is a Sabosabotchi right now! (Look up the character chart of girl tamas) HOPE THIS HELPS!

Ah. I totally know how you feel. Believe me, I've had too much experience with things like this. :rolleyes:

Start researching on eBay for the one you want. Keep an eye out for some nicely priced ones, as you want to spend as little money as possible in order to increase your chances of winning your mom over.

Once you have found the one that you want and is at a good price, sit down with your mom and explain what this is, how you will pay for it, why you want it, and emphasize that this is something you want to spend your money on and that it will be worthwhile. It is also a good idea to tell her that this won't get in the way of school (which it won't, because the iD L is very low maintenance). Finish by asking her very politely if it is okay that you order it. Patiently answer any questions she asks.

The most important part is: if she says no, don't whine or complain. That's really immature and will actually decrease your chances of getting one sooner. Just thank her for her time and leave.

If, on the off chance she does say no, be patient! Wait until when Christmas or your birthday roll around, and start leaving little eBay links around all the time to the one you want (I did this all the time xD). There is a more likely chance she will get it for you.

I wouldn't recommend lying about anything, because if she finds out, that will decrease your chances of getting one, or ordering one behind her back, because that will really show to her that you are being irresponsible. :/

Good luck with getting an iD L!

EDIT: THIS and THIS are the two cheapest options on eBay currently. I would wait a bit for a cheaper one, but that's just me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that because you're 16 you think your mom will say you've grown out of that stuff. If you think she will think that...you know her well, she's your mother, so she's likely to think that.

Lying is probably not a good idea, because as kuchipatchi.is.blue55 said, she might find out. But you CAN give a good impression without directly lying, like those adverts on TV that display the product in action but not the size or price of it. I use giving a good impression all the time - it works on most moms. Say that you've got back into Tamagotchis, and found a website where there are other Tamagotchi fans of ages 8-80. Tell your mom there are other 16-year-olds and older with iD Ls so they must be enjoyable for all ages. After you've given a good first impression, then say the price and where to buy it.

Just try seeing what your mum says first even though it might seem emmbarrasing.

Just tell her that it isn't just for kids but for teens and adults as well.

Does she know or remember what a Tamagotchi looks like? Maybe she forgot.

You can just say it's high-tech and stuff (haha). Hope this helps!

(But honestly, just go with kutchipatchi.is.blue55's idea. I had to add that in since it's

a really good answer).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...... :( maybe they're right..... Yeah, don't lie. But I agree with dazzilitchigirl. You should try to make it sound as good as possible before mentioning the price to your mom. When I told my mom the price, she was like :eek: WHAT?! so don't be surprised if yours does too. Then just remind her your'e paying for it yourself. YAY MY TAMA JUST CHANGED INTO VIOLETCHI! Aww, shes a poor-care character. Ut im still not used to raising iD Ls, they are more complicated than Connections, the ones i'm used to.

Mhm.. I have had this problem lots of times.

Well I have just got to say. Say all the posatives first DONT mention any of the downside. Say to her, "They arent just for kids you know and this is a new addition its in colour!!".

Sorry this may sound stupid but its how I got one ;)

Um... Well, when I asked my Mama for an iD L I just said, "There's a Tama I really really want and you can buy it online." I then showed her the price and she said, "Is that just for one thing?" and I said "Yes" and then she bought it. End of story. :rolleyes:

Wait until you are 18 and buy anything you want!

Seriously though the suggestions above are good. If you are too embarassed to ask how will you ever know if you can get one?

It is an electronic device not a little kids toy. -shrugs-

I am almost 21 and still buy them :D

I don't know how you feel... whenever I wanted to ask my mom to order me something, I just did it. She always supported my love of tamagotchis ever since I started playing them about 8 years ago. She even helped me care for them! But that's not the point... anyway, I would love to help, but all I can tell you is that you should just ask her.

I don't know how you feel... whenever I wanted to ask my mom to order me something, I just did it. She always supported my love of tamagotchis ever since I started playing them about 8 years ago. She even helped me care for them! But that's not the point... anyway, I would love to help, but all I can tell you is that you should just ask her.
Yes I agree that maybe asking her outright is possibly the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back