music star buttions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTax

Reaction score
ok so I was playing with my music star and all of a sudden the buttions stoped working and when you press buttion A it shows the "sound? on off" then it goes away can you guys help me I really dont want to have to take it apart

This is similar to what happened to my first V2 back in '06, but also kind of the opposite. On that V2, it acted like I was constantly pressing the 'A' button, like when I tried to check the time by pressing just 'B' it paused, so I pressed 'B' again and it unpaused and highlighted the health icon, then when I pressed 'C' to try and go off it, it went to the sound on/off menu. Unfortunately idk if it can be fixed D:

Did you wet it? Because this happened to my V4 because I dropped it in the sink.
no I did not none of my tamas have ever gotten water on them before. I was playing a game with it then it happend

Wow....this is nearly as wierd as the music wave on Club Penguin.... :huh:

Have you tried changing the battery?

Interesting problem... I'd try changing out the battery or pressing the reset button and downloading. If those don't work, there might not be much you can do other than take it apart. Music Stars arent too complicated in that respect. Just find a tiny screwdriver and take out the screws (making sure to put them in a place where they wont roll off and disappear) and try taking off and replacing the rubber buttons. I'm not sure what else you can do but try this.

Best of luck!

That happened to me.You might want to try taking it apart and perhaps cleansing the button contacts and if that doesn't work perhaps switch the buttons from an old or broken or fake tama.

Best of Luck. :)

Most other people have already said this, but I thought I'd say it again. ;) Replace the batteries, and then if that doesn't work, take some rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip and clean the battery contacts. Be careful- I turn my Tamas upside down (so that the screen would face the ceiling) and clean the contacts because you don't want any extra rubbing alcohol to get into the circuit board.

I was about to try these ideas but it started working again I still might do these so it dosnt happen again here I'll get a guide or admin to close this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back