Tama ID L at a garage sale.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbauer

Reaction score
Omg you guys... funny story.

So this family that lives down the street in the resident horder family.

When they have a garage sale you KNOW it's going to be good. This morning I bought a Tama ID L off amazon

, then I went to this garage sale. Well, the daughter, collects Tamas and they were selling 2

new Tamagotchi ID-Ls without her permission. Probably thought she was hording them. and wanted to help her

"clean out her stash" One was a blue, and the other a princess spacey.

They were selling them for $4 each I sneakily talked em down to $6 for both of them, saying how they were

in another language and the chances of someone buying them were slim. so I told them I would take

them of their hands since I can read japanese. And they would get some money for them. I even said

"c'mon, they're Tamagotchis, do people even play with these anymore? I just thought my 4 year old niece

would like em."

I know I know...if I was any kind of a decent person, I would have told them how much they were worth...but I

couldn't resist being evil for 2 ID Ls for $6...

BEST DAY EVER~!!!! :D

Holy crap thats amazing! What a great find! I'm so jealous, haha! xD

What'd really be funny if the girl was a Tamatalker, and it ended up being her Tamagotchis xD Slim chance, but I dont really imagine many people knowing about Japanese Tamas in the US that arent part of some forum or community xD

Have you had an iD L before? They're great, you're so lucky you got it for soooooo cheap instead of like $70. xP

Great find! I bought my iD-L off of eBay for $70, two iD-Ls for only six dollars is amazing! :)

My gosh that girl is gonna get mad if she finds out lol, but what a great deal for you !!!!

I can only dream of such a thing

I know...but she's been out of the US for college for about 2 years now. I wonder if she's forgetten them... Poor Tamas! I will make sure they're actually

loved haha

That is so awesome. I just ordered my iD L, and with the faster shipping option, it came to about $70 Canadian. It would be great if they were only $3 a pop. I think I would have one in every colour, and one in every version. Congrats on your great find, and sneaky negotiation skills. ;)

There is a Japanese family that lives a few houses down from mine, and they said they're going to have a garage sale...I have a sudden urge to check it out lol :)

omg I wish I was you thats such a good price omg I once got a v4 at a garage sale for free but iDLs for $6.00 is just amassing if they also had the iD or 15th iDL I bet that would have been awesome

Cool, you are the luckiest person in the world! And don't worry about not being a "decent" person. I once **cannot say because of TT rules about posting any illegal activity you might be involved in** a Version 3. :p

That's why I always get into major arguments with my parents over my Tama collection - I certainly don't want MY Tamas sold without my permission! But good buy anyway!

Don't feel bad about talking them down! That's what garage sales are all about. I mean, if we all felt guilty for haggling... Haha. Great deal! I'm super jealous, but awesome for you! I need to start hitting more garage sales.

I found a four leaf clover once but you're WAY luckier than me, you got 2 iDLs cheap.

P.S. I admire your negotiating skills. Will you give classes?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago, I passed by a neighbor's garage sale and saw what looked like an original Tamagotchi box sitting on one of the tables they had out. I had to take a peek. Turned out it was an unopened 1st gen tama. I already have a good amount of them... But the sticky note on it indicated it was only $2. So I couldn't pass that up... Best tama deal I've ever gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back