Sign in to follow this  
dbauer

Tama ID L at a garage sale.

Omg you guys... funny story.

So this family that lives down the street in the resident horder family.

When they have a garage sale you KNOW it's going to be good. This morning I bought a Tama ID L off amazon

, then I went to this garage sale. Well, the daughter, collects Tamas and they were selling 2

new Tamagotchi ID-Ls without her permission. Probably thought she was hording them. and wanted to help her

"clean out her stash" One was a blue, and the other a princess spacey.

They were selling them for $4 each I sneakily talked em down to $6 for both of them, saying how they were

in another language and the chances of someone buying them were slim. so I told them I would take

them of their hands since I can read japanese. And they would get some money for them. I even said

"c'mon, they're Tamagotchis, do people even play with these anymore? I just thought my 4 year old niece

would like em."

I know I know...if I was any kind of a decent person, I would have told them how much they were worth...but I

couldn't resist being evil for 2 ID Ls for $6...

BEST DAY EVER~!!!! :D

• Like 6

Holy crap thats amazing! What a great find! I'm so jealous, haha! xD

What'd really be funny if the girl was a Tamatalker, and it ended up being her Tamagotchis xD Slim chance, but I dont really imagine many people knowing about Japanese Tamas in the US that arent part of some forum or community xD

Have you had an iD L before? They're great, you're so lucky you got it for soooooo cheap instead of like $70. xP

Great find! I bought my iD-L off of eBay for $70, two iD-Ls for only six dollars is amazing! :)

I wish I'd get a deal as good as that!

My gosh that girl is gonna get mad if she finds out lol, but what a great deal for you !!!!

I can only dream of such a thing

I know...but she's been out of the US for college for about 2 years now. I wonder if she's forgetten them... Poor Tamas! I will make sure they're actually

loved haha

That is so awesome. I just ordered my iD L, and with the faster shipping option, it came to about $70 Canadian. It would be great if they were only $3 a pop. I think I would have one in every colour, and one in every version. Congrats on your great find, and sneaky negotiation skills. ;)

There is a Japanese family that lives a few houses down from mine, and they said they're going to have a garage sale...I have a sudden urge to check it out lol :)

• Like 1

Aww darn that is funny! Really Messed up though how you negotiated with them, but what a great deal! Enjoy your Brand New ID L's

omg I wish I was you thats such a good price omg I once got a v4 at a garage sale for free but iDLs for $6.00 is just amassing if they also had the iD or 15th iDL I bet that would have been awesome

Cool, you are the luckiest person in the world! And don't worry about not being a "decent" person. I once **cannot say because of TT rules about posting any illegal activity you might be involved in** a Version 3. :P

that poor girl! but lucky for you!

You have lived my dream. xD

Woahh! You are SOOOOOOOOO lucky! This is awesome! I wish someone around here was selling them for such a good price! LOL well done!

~!Fwoggy!~

That's why I always get into major arguments with my parents over my Tama collection - I certainly don't want MY Tamas sold without my permission! But good buy anyway!

Don't feel bad about talking them down! That's what garage sales are all about. I mean, if we all felt guilty for haggling... Haha. Great deal! I'm super jealous, but awesome for you! I need to start hitting more garage sales.

• Like 1

I found a four leaf clover once but you're WAY luckier than me, you got 2 iDLs cheap.

P.S. I admire your negotiating skills. Will you give classes?

Edited by bluegreen