IDL advice?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessplatt

Reaction score
I just generally wanted opinions from those who own an IDL/ID and maybe have some helpful tips for looking after the device itself e.t.c :) I don't have it yet but I will be ordering it off ebay in November! I'll split my questions up so that answering is easier!

1. It's an expensive device so I wanted to know if anybody knew where they sold cases/protective pouches for that specific model? I know they make them for the V1, V2, V3 e.t.c that all have a similar shape! Or perhaps how you prevent your IDL from getting knocked around when you take it out?

2. If there is anyone who bought the IDL without knowing any Japanese, how did you figure it out and what help did you find on the internet?

3. General opinions on the IDL and why I should/shouldn't get it, and how it compares to other tamagotchis?

Thanks!!

I just generally wanted opinions from those who own an IDL/ID and maybe have some helpful tips for looking after the device itself e.t.c :) I don't have it yet but I will be ordering it off ebay in November! I'll split my questions up so that answering is easier!

1. It's an expensive device so I wanted to know if anybody knew where they sold cases/protective pouches for that specific model? I know they make them for the V1, V2, V3 e.t.c that all have a similar shape! Or perhaps how you prevent your IDL from getting knocked around when you take it out?

2. If there is anyone who bought the IDL without knowing any Japanese, how did you figure it out and what help did you find on the internet?

3. General opinions on the IDL and why I should/shouldn't get it, and how it compares to other tamagotchis?

Thanks!!
Hi there!

1) There are people who sell covers for iD L's on eBay, along with a user who goes by the name Calyssa who occasionally sells them. She also has a pattern for a cover on her website (gotchiworld.de), and you have to buy a password or something to get access to it via PayPal.

You may also want to check Etsy or eBay for covers as well.

2) I know almost all of the Hiragana alphabet, although when I got my first iD L, I knew exactly 0 Japanese characters. A lot of users have found THIS guide helpful, and if you do a quick Google search for iD L guides, there will be lots that will come up.

3) Almost all of the people on TT that have iD L's are very pleased with them. I for one enjoyed mine a lot, and it's a nice version to have for a growing collection. The size might get to you if you're one of those people who like to travel with as little as possible (not as big as the Tama Go, but about as thick as two Connections stacked on top of each other). Otherwise, it's a very fun Tamagotchi loaded with features and I think you'll enjoy it. Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!

1) There are people who sell covers for iD L's on eBay, along with a user who goes by the name Calyssa who occasionally sells them. She also has a pattern for a cover on her website (gotchiworld.de), and you have to buy a password or something to get access to it via PayPal.

You may also want to check Etsy or eBay for covers as well.

2) I know almost all of the Hiragana alphabet, although when I got my first iD L, I knew exactly 0 Japanese characters. A lot of users have found THIS guide helpful, and if you do a quick Google search for iD L guides, there will be lots that will come up.

3) Almost all of the people on TT that have iD L's are very pleased with them. I for one enjoyed mine a lot, and it's a nice version to have for a growing collection. The size might get to you if you're one of those people who like to travel with as little as possible (not as big as the Tama Go, but about as thick as two Connections stacked on top of each other). Otherwise, it's a very fun Tamagotchi loaded with features and I think you'll enjoy it. Best of luck!
Thanks for the reply! I don't really mind the size, I've ordered the Nano which will be my travelling Tamagotchi and I own the Tama-go anyway :) The only problem is the case for it, I haven't seen them on ebay or amazon or any websites for the IDL?

Calyssa's pattern is found HERE, but you will need a password from her. I'm not quite sure as to how you get it (I think you have to buy it or something) as I got the pattern before she moved it.

Wow! This is so informative. This community rocks! I love that it's so easy to find the answers to all my questions without having to ask them myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back