Sign in to follow this  
TamaTamatchi

How to transfer downloads using USB to IrDA (Pictures)

never mind~ ^///^

Edited by emma.lou

I'm so late but I really need help!!! -_-

So I bought that exact irda USB dongle, and I put the dongle in the usb before reading the instructions!

I was supposed to put the disc in first, and I have no idea how. Now when I put the disc in, my computer doesnt read it...is there any way to erase away the previous time when i put the dongle in?

Please help!!! -_- :(

I'm so late but I really need help!!! -_-

So I bought that exact irda USB dongle, and I put the dongle in the usb before reading the instructions!

I was supposed to put the disc in first, and I have no idea how. Now when I put the disc in, my computer doesnt read it...is there any way to erase away the previous time when i put the dongle in?

Please help!!! -_- :(

What OS do you have? If it's Windows 7 I *might* be able to help

Do you ever use a Mac? Because I'm about to buy an IR USB today!!! (because it's my graduation gift :D) And I really do wonder how to use it with a Mac. Please help!! :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I have 64-bit Windows 7, and an ACTiSYS IR4000US-KD IrDA dongle I bought off of eBay for $3. It installed perfectly fine, and I can get my Tama's little connection screen to turn red, which I assume means they're connected, but I never get a pop-up to send a file over. I've been talking with a friend, and she says she can't get hers to work on 64-bit Windows, only 32-bit, so I think that might be my problem...

Any suggestions?

I have 64-bit Windows 7, and an ACTiSYS IR4000US-KD IrDA dongle I bought off of eBay for $3. It installed perfectly fine, and I can get my Tama's little connection screen to turn red, which I assume means they're connected, but I never get a pop-up to send a file over. I've been talking with a friend, and she says she can't get hers to work on 64-bit Windows, only 32-bit, so I think that might be my problem...

Any suggestions?

There is a lot of problems with 64 bit windows. Tons of programs/add ons just don't like it at all. The best things you can do are

1. Change your operating system

2. Ask a friend/family member if you can borrow a 32 bit laptop or something to use

Edited by Mamapatchi

That's odd - I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 and the above procedures work normally as expected. You'll just have to wait for the cue "tones" and time them accordingly.

You don't get the file-send popup automatically, you'll need to activate it by double-clicking the IR icon on the system tray (where the clock/icons are) when the computer receives an IR signal.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy
  • Like 1

Do you ever use a Mac? Because I'm about to buy an IR USB today!!! (because it's my graduation gift :D) And I really do wonder how to use it with a Mac. Please help!! :lol: :lol:

I also have a mac 10.8 OSX I would love a tutorial for mac!!

I already downloaded things to my tamagotchi using my dad's Windows 7 and irda usb! :D I just knew that a Mac may not be able to transfer files with infrared! :o

thank you very much for this guide! will be useful for me in the near future.

It's kind of hard to do that. I wish I have a phone with infrared. :babytchi: :furawatchi:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your tutorial! I just got my IrDA in the mail today and it took about 5 minutes to figure it out. :lol:

Edited by ichiro.malfoy

Seriously though, is their even one that works with macs? Because my house is strictly apple devices. Why dont they work anyway? I would really love it if there was was one for macs

• Like 1

Uuuuuuhh. I do it like exactly like that. Like really like that. But I don't get it why it always corrupts. I mean I do it not slowly and not fast why is it like that are there any tips? I actually already downloaded some but its kind of hard for me to download. -_- help!