Tamagotchi School Stories

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi ^o^

Reaction score
What are some of your school stories with your tama?

Once in P.E. We were doing sit ups and my Whaletchi fell out of my pocket, the whole gym echoed the clatter so I quickly stuffed it in my pocket.

On a field trip we went skating and I was playing with my tama while skating and dropped it on the rink. Someone ALMOST skated on it!!

My tama beeped almost daily last year in history because I kept forgetting to turn the sound off.

I always connected with my bff at lunch but she fails at electronics. She thought it was broken when the battery died. And I gave her an instruction sheet (I gave her the tama).

In class I would see my bff playing her tama and freak out.

My VICE PRINCIPAL said I could wear tamas as long as they were asleep. She said that because one time she saw my tamas on my lanyard and asked what they were so I told her.

My bffs friend killed my bffs tama because the friends tama died.

I have more stories but I'll post them later.

I remember back in the day, I had a Nano Kitty (didn't know about Tamagotchis yet) and I was really paranoid someone would steal it.... So when I had to leave my desk, I would hide my Nano in my binder. When I came back from doing whatever I was doing, I opened my binder to see that my Nano had been reset! D: I was soooo disappointed, because it was almost to the final stage.... I think what happened is that either I, or another classmate pushed on my binder hard enough to press the buttons required for reset... It was a very sad moment in my young, young life.... hahahaha~~

I remember in 2006 my friend and I started the tama trend at school - we brought ours, people saw them, asked what they were, within a week everyone had one and pretty much all you heard was "Oh what's your Tamagotchi's name?" "Wanna connect Tamagotchis?" etc. Happy times

Also, this may not count since it wasn't actually at school, but in 2008, the Magic netball team came to my town and my school netball team got to go and meet them, and I got my V5 signed by Casey Williams. (I wish I still had that tama even though the signature rubbed off)

I have way too many stories from when i was in school but the funniest would be when one of my friends dared me to care for 20 at once, and that i had to hatch them all durring gym class. Just trying to care for them all was hard enough but my gym outfit had to pockets so my friend got a good laugh out of it with me having 20 tama's tied to the draw string on my short.

I remember in elementary school when everyone had "Dinkie Dinos". I say that with quotations because I'm pretty sure that they were not the real thing :p

They were from the dollar store and you could choose what pet you wanted. Weird, huh?

Anyway, when I bought one, one of the other kids said, "Oh, you're such a copy-cat!" because she "had one first". The funny thing is, she was copying the people who had Tamagotchis! Oh youth... ^^-

Last edited by a moderator:
in fourth grade i used to wear my tama on a lanyard around my neck. i had the coolest teacher ever and she let me play with my tama if the sound was off! but one day i had a substitute teacher.....she saw me pressing buttons on my tama and took my sweet v2 away and i did not get it back until the next day. -_-

luckily my zuccitchi didnt die!

I used to bring my V3 to school back when people knew what they were. I had it in my desk for the day, checking on it at recess time and lunch. But I forgot to turn the sound off, and it beeped during class. That is why they aren't allowed at that school any longer :'(

I had my 6 tamas out on the lunch table and me and my friend were just playing with them. About 5 minutes of just us playing with them some girls in our year came over to us and asked if they could play with them, so we let them. 2 of the 5 girls said to me that they have some they used to play with and now want to find them to play with them again and the other 3 said they wanted to buy one ^_^ .

My first virtual pet was a Dinkie Dino - and they were banned from school when I was there (got one in primary/grade 1). Tamagotchis weren't around, but most people had those annoying Nano pet things that talked, among other Nanos.

Anyways, they were banned and while I was at school, my mother would actually take care of my dinosaur. I always thought it was super nice of her ^_^

...too bad my youngest sister gnawed her baby teeth on it and tore out a button. I remember throwing the thing out. Sigh, how I wish I still had one.

I've told this story many times before, and I'll be glad to tell it again. It is a Tamagotchi school story, after all.

In fifth grade, I was basically known as the resident expert as far as Tamagotchis went, thanks to the older Tamagotchi websites and whatnot. At one point, about three thirds through the school year, our music teacher decided to put on a rendition of Ghostlight for the younger kids. Rehearsal went as normal, even though I didn't get a character role. This is very important in what happens next.

As the day of the play came near, I asked our music teacher what we were going to do about the Tamagotchis and other virtual pets that the whole fifth grade had. (Keep in mind, this is when virtual pets were at their prime back in the late 1990s.) She then told me that since I was the expert - and because I didn't have a role in the play - I was going to be the designated Tamagotchi babysitter for when the other kids go up to perform. During the two showings of the play, I had at least 50 to 60 Tamagotchis, Giga Pets, Nanos, etc. that I was taking care of all at once, including my own Tamagotchi G1. Needless to say, the other kids were very thankful for this.

Best part is, they all got their own virtual pets back at the end of the day. No mixups. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL i remember when virtual pets first came out in 1997. I think I was like 4th grade or so. Anyway, everyone had one and it drove all the teachers completely BONKERS LOL

most teachers made a rule that you couldn't have them in class at all - some school banned them. Some teachers if they saw them they would take them for the day or week O_O

I didn't have one right away - my parents didn't want me to have one (or couldn't afford one at the time, which ever) and so I was the baby sitter for everyone elses pets when they needed a minute to do something or when at recess they wanted to play a game with other kids whatevs.

I remember having a pencil case that I decked out with little pillows and blankets and things and such where I would hold onto them for people LOL

When I finally got a salem giga pet for christmas I kept him in my trapper keeper AWWWW YEAAAAAA! trapper keepers were awesome for hiding things in LOL

-Purn

Awee, Purn! I definitely keep mine in a pencil case, too :3 I've inherited a ton of Tamagotchi Connections (v3-5) from family members and I have a cute little $5 Tamagotchi pencil case with a pretty cloth as a liner that I keep them in to prevent scratching.

Good thinking! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back