How to debug an ENGLISH Version 4 Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGuardian

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My first post! Yay!

Okay, so... I am in the UK, and, a couple of years ago, I bought a white tama, v4. Unfortunatly, the fate of this tama led to destruction...

Enough of the drama.

I had nothing to lose, so I took the parts out, messed with them a bit, and put it back in. Had I debugged it?

No.

My tama egg wouldn't hatch. The buttons wouldn't work.

Blast!

Desperately I looked up how to debug a v4. Useless! They're all US ones! -_- I took apart my English v4 once again. Was there some sort of pad which linked to another? I scribbled on some suspicious pads, and put my tama back togother again...

My egg hatched! Woohoo! And... I couldn't choose my character! -_- Sighing, I waited to name my new pet, and...

AFter naming it, weeeiiirrrdd things started to happen... My tama beeped over and over, each beep overlapping the next. It wasn't very undisturbing... Then, suddenly, my tama CHANGED! into a child, in about five seconds!! O_O

It appeared that I had half (if not whole) debugged my tamagotchi, as the fast-growth was "hyperspeed".

How did I do it? Well, I discovered, after parting my tama once again, I had rubbed with a pencil, the sqares at the top of the circuit board... Is it J1 and J2?

Something like that. I

Anyway.

Was this helpful? What I DO want to know, is did I do it right? COuld there be more features to be unlocked? I know that once it became a child, it turned off hyperspeed, and only fastened up at certain times, also that it was awake 24/7, literally. It would not go to sleep! SO! Any ideas? Questions? Feel free to post. ;)

Thanks for reading!

Hey GotchiGuardian,

Congratulations on the first post, and thank you for sharing this with us. Unfortunately, this kind of topic should really be posted inside the Tamagotchi Tips and Tricks forum. This forum is specifically for TamaTalk Members that are having some trouble with their Virtual Pets.

- TamaTamatchi

Actually, this is correct if you aren't sure what you did directly. The tips and tricks is not for questions. This to me seems like a question of how this debugging came to be. So don't fret. Also, we can move topics for you instead of making a new topic.

This can also fit into the "help for new tamagotchi owners" forum area.

If you would rather it there, that is okay too.

To topic.

If I knew debugging, you speed them up pushing the "c" button. That supposely makes them grow faster. I haven't debugged mine ever, but when removing it from this... Erase all the lead off where you put the pencil lead. It should work normally again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha...I was thinking of debugging my V4...but it seems scary. What do I have to watch out for? I don't want to make my Tamagotchi become muted...

Its quite simple when you know how its done - even the sound wires are easy to fix! When you pull apart your tamagotchi, they'll be two wires attatched to the circuit board to the cover (there's a little circular "coin" on the cover). They are the sound wires - if you pull off them, there's no sound - however, this isn't permanent! If your sound wires break, then its okay, you can temporarily fix them, by when you put your tama back together, you make sure that the sound wires are touching the coin plate. If you want sound back securely, you just get a pirography set, and solder them on ^_^

The one thing you have to watch out for, is if you push too hard on J1 and J2. It was a few years back when I debugged my UK V4, and I had no idea what I was doing :p So, in frustration I scratched and scratched! Well, it still works, but its dodgy! People say you automatically break your tamagotchi if you debug or take it apart. Well, personally, I wouldn't debug one I'd just bought, but seriously nothing can go wrong unless you do something really silly, like give it to your baby brother, and say "There you go, Jimmy!" and he sucks all the parts and stuff :D No, kidding! Just remeber that you are dealing with an electronical device... and don't handle it roughly! :blink: :ph34r:

It dosen't look like a big deal. I just won't touch the sound wires and then ill just colour the debug circles with a pencil :) Thanks.

Yup, I live in the UK but we ordered it from US...it arrived less than a week! So yeah, I'll try to debug it X_X

I read on a couple otehr forums that if a V4 (English, at least) is debugged, at the character selection, if you pick something that isn't a baby, you won't be a ble to turn off 'hyperspeed'. I think it is because hyperspeed is turned off with the c button, but toddlers-oldies do an action, thus never being able to turn it off. So I stick to V3 debug, just in case.

Up till now, I've thought that the debugging function was exclusive for US tamas; I didn't think you even could debug english ones! :eek:

Cool that you actually made it! :D

I have a question; when fixing my english tamas, I've noticed that on the same side of the circuit board as the screen is, on the english v3s and v4s at least, there is actually a small silver dot with a text that says "debug".

I think I tried debugging a tama by rubbing that spot several years ago, and nothing happened.

Do you know what it is?

Up till now, I've thought that the debugging function was exclusive for US tamas; I didn't think you even could debug english ones! :eek:

I have a question; when fixing my english tamas, I've noticed that on the same side of the circuit board as the screen is, on the english v3s and v4s at least, there is actually a small silver dot with a text that says "debug".

I think I tried debugging a tama by rubbing that spot several years ago, and nothing happened.

Do you know what it is?
Don't rub, take a pencil and colour it. If you wan't it back to normal, then erase the pencil marks with a white eraser.

when it comes to debugging a v4 or v4.5 mark on the "debug" circle and put it together, choose your character then erase the marks, you'll have the debugged character and get to play normally :D

Do you know what it is?
I think that that sign is a decoy, it has nothing to do with where I rubbed my pencil... I have posted in my log a post that shows you the insides of the v4, you should check it out ;) I have yet to post debugging an english one, but I have included some details about the UK v4 :)

I think that that sign is a decoy, it has nothing to do with where I rubbed my pencil... I have posted in my log a post that shows you the insides of the v4, you should check it out ;) I have yet to post debugging an english one, but I have included some details about the UK v4 :)
Thank you!!

I read your log and looked at the pictures, and I would never have found that!

:hanatchi: :hanatchi:

I debugged my V4.5 but it didn't let me choose a character, and when I erased the pencil marks it stayed in debug mode...I think once you debug a V4, it can't go back to normal. That's what I've heard, at least. :/ Also, debugging a v4 makes it go in fast motion, unlike the V2 and V3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back