How to accesorise a Tamagotchi!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGuardian

Reaction score
Okay, so you've had quite enough of collecting... Or rather, you're fed up of getting outbid, so you start playing with the tamagotchis that you already have. To keep yourself from getting bored, you decide to make something for your tama. Refusing to buy a pouch on ebay and waste a fiver, you decide to make one.

How do you do that?

Has anyone made anything for their tamagotchi yet? I know some of you have decorated, and blinged out theirs, but have you tried actually making stuff like pouches for your tama? It would be great to see all your ideas, your crafts that you've made, etc....

Decorated your tamagotchi? Lets see, so that you can inspire us!!

Thanks!

I heard in a Video that the Tamagotchi's design is actually a piece of paper between 2 Plastic plates, so by seperating the plates, you can color your own design! I don't know if this is true or not yet.

I heard in a Video that the Tamagotchi's design is actually a piece of paper between 2 Plastic plates, so by seperating the plates, you can color your own design! I don't know if this is true or not yet.
It's true but it's a little risky to do if you don't know exactly what you are doing, and it doesn't work like that for the tama-go because the paper is glued in so you can't take it out

I have cradles for some of mine (home made out of clay), and keep them in small plastic containers in a large clear plastic tub when not being played with. I also make leather and bead lanyards for them. Other than that, nothing special.

I have an idea for the Tama-Go. Basically if you take the faceplate off it like youre going to change out, all it is: a tiny, removable slip of paper under the plastic. Just trace this on paper or plastic and cut out the right parts, color and customize to make your own cooler faceplate slips! You can also use the collectable paper slips that come with the other faceplates & figurines to turn them over and decorate the white side of the slip(Just make sure it doesnt bleed through) Then instead of paying $15 for a silly little empty carrying/collection case, make your own from cardboard or plastic to make the storage slots to store your Tama-Go and its little figurines in. You can add room for more than 12 figurines too. Make a handle out of whatever you like and attach that. Then find some fabric you really like and cover it using either super or craft glue, or sewing. Then, sew on zipper and you got something better than what bandai is selling.

On all tamas, you can get these mini stick on jewels you commonly see on cellphones that make designs like hearts, cherries, snowflakes, stars etc. You can carefully stick this on the back of your tama without doing harm. I believe the sticky stuff comes off with a little dab of rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip.

Edit: While making decorative paper slips to go under the detachable faceplate, why not make and decorate a cute little box to store them in, or a special slot in your homemade tama case? Also if youre a woman that has a purse with a gazillion compartments you never use, you can make that your tama-case and decorate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally was able to get pics off the Iphone and upload them. I took these because I was experimenting with making my own faceplate slip seeing how hard it would be. It does take ALOT of nerve, patience and a steady hand to trace the original slip of paper as well as cut it, the square hole for the screen, and especially the holes for the buttons just right. Its pretty fun decorating after that. Do not feel bad if yours isint Bandai quality. Feel proud of it being unique. What I done was after tracing and cutting, I colored it with black nailpolish, then scribbled designs on it with a silver gel pen. I did not go to much great pains on the quality of the designs as it was an experimental one.

https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dkl18z&s=6 <~~~ Holding it in my hand

https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yuzwx3&s=6 <~~~~~ Looking good in my tama-go ^__^ . Sorry about the reflection/glare btw

Yea, I've got a bunch of handmade pouches but I lost them all. x_X I also covered my P2 in random stickers. Beautiful. XD

I am thinking of making covers for mine - I knit and actually my icon is one of the characters I've knit in the past. I'm thinking of starting to knit a few different things for my tamas, but I've been busy making baby stuff for my new niece who will be coming in October. Some people use clay to make charms or beads though and I think I would like to try that out sometime too :) I've made some bean bag chair cradles for mine as well as clay ones too. I really love to see all the stuff peeps do for their tamas! :D

-Purn

i have, so what i've done is get a phone sock then decorate and put a keychain on and im going to put my v3 in it when i get it (christmas)

I am thinking of making covers for mine - I knit and actually my icon is one of the characters I've knit in the past. I'm thinking of starting to knit a few different things for my tamas, but I've been busy making baby stuff for my new niece who will be coming in October. Some people use clay to make charms or beads though and I think I would like to try that out sometime too :) I've made some bean bag chair cradles for mine as well as clay ones too. I really love to see all the stuff peeps do for their tamas! :D

-Purn
I know you posted in september but I just wanna say it would be neat if you knitted the characters then left a stretchy opening in the back for a tama to be slipped in so you could still see the screen. For like the Tama-Go's and Colored Tamas XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back