So I just got my first Ocean...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah66665

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the site... this is my first post and I hope I'm submitting this into the right section. ^_^

I've never played an older Tamagotchi model until now... I'm a bit thrown by the differences.

That, and it's in japanese. I chose to get a japanese model because I preferred the colors.

I'm having no trouble navigating my way around... I would just like some advice.

Are there any Ocean guides out there that include the Japanese versions? Are there differences between Japanese and American other than color?

How do you pause, is it safe to pause? I've read rumors that it's not a smart thing to do... and is it true that the Ocean Tamagotchi will die if you feed it many snacks?

Do enemies attack when it goes to bed and you turn out the light, or is that only during nap time?

Last but not least... WHEN does it go to sleep, and when does it wake up?

Up until now, any prior experience to Tamagotchi I've had has been v2 and Tamago.

I had a japanese ocean (umi-no tamagotch) back in 05 and i can tell you that snacks will make your ocean die earlier than no snacks, it doesn't get attacked while sleeping and as far as i remember doesn't take naps durring the day.

As for guides this is the site i used when i first got mine so i would know what is what on it, https://www.mimitchi....html/tocean.htm , you can also find each characters cleep and wake times with that link. I will say that the time the sun normally sets your screen will get dark and you'll have to turn the lights on your ocean to see it till it goes to sleep.

Hope this helps you out and congrats on your umi-no tamagotch^-^

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the fast response! I'll be sure to use this guide. :) I have one more question... if you remember, does the tamagotchi actually make a beeping noise when asking for your attention, or do you just have to luck out and see the attention icon highlighted?

Thank you for the fast response! I'll be sure to use this guide. :) I have one more question... if you remember, does the tamagotchi actually make a beeping noise when asking for your attention, or do you just have to luck out and see the attention icon highlighted?
Yes it beeps when it needs attention.

I have played this tama about 4 times. The American and Japanese versions as far as I know don't have any real differences except like a character switch out maybe. But otherwise it's totally the same. The difference it you need to keep the water clean and avoid polar bears.

Let me tell you though, the first few times I played I did it perfect or at least I thought I played it as perfect as I could and my tama died usually right about when it got to the teen stage. I got sick once while playing it and left it alone for a few hours at a time and when I came back to check and assume that it was dead - nope - it grew up to the clam @_@

It's a somewhat frustrating version of tama hahahahaha - I would try to take good care of it, but maybe don't stress too much over it. I know that it can die if it gets attacked by a polar bear when it has empty hearts on like hungry or happy or if its water is super dirty. I would try a few times to see which style of playing gets you furthest.

-Purn

I've yet to experience any polar bears... though I've had it on 'pause' for a good part of the day. I assume that's an alright thing to do if you set the clock to the appropriate time afterwards..?

I did however have him beep at me for attention right after seeing your response, Purn. Thank you for the advice. I'm glad to be hearing from others that have played this version. ^_^

Congrats on your Umino ! :)

Now be prepared to see it die, ALOT!

Like Purn said, it's a very difficult Tama version, even if you do everything perfect it can and will die just randomly.

I gave up on mine sadly :( after about 10 tries and never getting it further than child stage I had enough.

Hope you have some more luck with yours!

I've had it paused a lot, unfortunately... but he is still in the child stage with very few casualties. :)

If you have the patience to check in on it every 5-10 minutes, I'd say you're golden! One thing is you will probably need to always have the sound on.. those polar bears are sneaky ;)

I received this guy as an adult for a gift, but I've since been raising my own for the first time and all is going okay (knock on wood). He's called because his hungry bowls were empty twice, as well as he has been polar bear attacked twice (me tapping it not hard enough, I guess! I was there both times). So far he seems to be okay, though. He's 4 :3

While I agree they can be taxing/annoying, they are also extremely satisfying!

Although, unless I'm deaf, he did get sick once without a polar bear attack, and did not beep.

My little guy unfortunately didn't make it further than age... 3? I think? I'd had him paused the majority of the time and the battery decided to give out. :(

So I'm pretending he lived.

I've successfully scared off two polar bear attacks (don't ask me how, I was pressing things like mad trying to get it to work xD) and twice the bear succeeded.

But that mean old bear didn't take my little Droplet... from now on, I am only using batteries that I know are brand new. My mom gave me one of those little pill bottles full of batteries when I told her mine had died (she's where I got them last time) and half of the batteries were falling apart in pieces. yuck! None of them worked. I've decided that when I get the lil guy resurrected I shall name this new baby Drizzle.

R.I.P Droplet. I miss you. :(

The Umino is a lot of fun, but like others have said... They can be frustrating and difficult.

I've only once made it past the teen stage, and that took a LOT of effort, time and patience. The thing with these Tamas though is that they are rewarding when you finally do make it. And the characters are all pretty cute, especially how they float around in the bubbles :D

I've actually found that pausing the ocean tamas does not work. I think one time when I paused it it actually just started up eventually again and it died. I have heard others say that pausing causes it to just die earlier when everything is normal.

It is a very weird tama. I also suggest using clean fresh batteries if possible.

-Purn

Congrats on your new Umino!

I also got one pretty recently, and although I only got it to the teen stage before I had to tab it up and send it off for repairs (stripped screw--they really suck!), my little guy did REALLY well! He only got sick once as a child and once as a toddler before turning into Ototchi, and he was just about ready to turn into an adult when I had to reset him. :(

I'm not sure if it's beginner's luck or whatever, but I found taking care of the Umino to be better than most guides and forums said it would be. The hearts DO drop really, really quickly, but as long as you're pausing him when you have to be away for long periods of time, you should be okay. I usually just change the time so that he's sleeping while I'm in class and then change it back to normal once I'm done. The only effect I've noticed is that he ages a LOT faster, as in his age itself goes up but the time between stages stays the same, which wasn't really an issue.

I hope you have better luck when you run it again! Don't give, because it seems that raising him all the way to the adult stage is really satisfying. :)

Just an update/confirmation of my previous thoughts: when mine gets sick (without being attacked), it does not beep for attention.

I also pause mine frequently. While I'm at work, I'll keep him between my hands on the keyboard, but I often have to leave for meetings and such, so I pause him at minimum once a day. I'm not sure if it really affects it, but I've had no issues raising to an adult.

One time I was playing with him in bed (so I had set the time back - I stay up way too late :p ) and I actually fell asleep! I woke up to a very, very sick and sad fishy. Surprisingly enough, I still hit the adult stage.

Gosh, I absolutely love the Umino. While I have my moments and stop playing with it, I always come back.

I'm running my Umino again. It's so frustrating! I have yet to get an adult character and I've only had a teen character once.

Though I figure right now is the best time to run one. I used to work at a tea shop in the mall so I'd never have enough spare time to keep an Umino alive, though now I work at home for a software company so I can have my Tamas on me all the time.

Since starting it up again yesterday I've had it die once already, though... so maybe I am just out of luck with this thing. XD

I ran mine a few days ago and it died on me two days later (I just left it for a few minutes!)... I'm going to give it another try this weekend.

Good luck to you. You're going to need it.
I know, right? I abstained from feeding it snacks for it not to die prematurely but things happen. But thanks, I definitely need all the good luck I could get with this! xD

Awe! I've had 3 adults so far on it now, and lost a child 2-3 times (one was due to batteries, argh)! Basically, the child stage is the worst... and it lasts for like 3 days. Luckily I enjoy jellyfish.

From my experience, once you hit teen, it's smooth sailing. It's just that you really can't leave the child unattended. I would rather pause the Umino than let it be for a few minutes on it's own :( One polar bear attack and it's dead, boom. Also, you need to keep looking at it even if it doesn't beep in case the little one's sick.

Hopefully I can channel Umino powers through the computer and help you two get an adult, aha.

marine tamagotchi is the difficult gotchi i ever raise *shakes head.

It always dies prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back