Sign in to follow this  
GotchiGuardian

What's "Cheap" to you?

Hi! I have this nagging little question: What is "cheap" to you? e.g: How much would you say was really a bargain for a tamagotchi?

Cheap to me is... When my brother bought a v2 for £2 all together. (that's about $3.50)!!

Would you consider higher prices like $15-$20 to be right for a tama?

$15-$20 is the max I will pay for a used tamagotchi connection, and I only buy them is they are in really good condition. I don't like paint rubbing off of my tamas. anything that's like $10 or under for a connection including shipping is pretty cheap to me

I'd say cheap to me is under $10.....but I have been lucky and found 3 tamagotchis for 50 cents each!

Depends on the what tamagotchi it is really.

For a connection I would never pay more than 20$. However the vintage models that's something else.

I recently purchased a Osutchi and Mesutchi for about 20$ each incl shipping and I found that super cheap for those!

On the other hand, I just bought a Devilgotch for 200$ and for that model this is cheap!

Yeah, same with me. Depends on the version.

In terms of American/UK Connections:

I wouldn't pay over $15 for a V1-V5. Might be willing to shell out a little more for a Music Star/V6, since I don't have one. I'm a little behind. xD

In terms of vintages and Japanese Connections, again, it depends on the version. For the Connections, I'd be willing to pay $20, for the vintages, no more than $50.

And then there are the colours...

For those, I'd pay up to $80-$90 for +colors and iD's, $75 for an iD L, and no more than $80 for a 15th Anniversary.

I think in order not to be disappointed with prices, you have to be realistic about them. You can't expect somebody to put a....say, Santagotchi up for $4 as a Buy-It-Now. People aren't stupid, they know when something is rare and they know that there could be people willing to shell out big bucks for whatever they're selling.

I think my parents will probably facepalm when they see my Tama wishlist. xD

Depends on version and the state that it's in :) and of course this annoying little thing: shipping costs...

What's "cheap" for a Tamagotchi to me? Hmmmm... $10,000,000,000,000!

Tamagotchis are pricless treasures that mean more than a mountain of gold to me. No matter what price, whether it's 50 cents or a thousand dollars, I'll always think that it's ultra cheap compared to how much happiness the Tamagotchi brings me.

I remember something my papa said several years ago when he bought me a V5.5... "$25? That's really cheap. You should get two for that price." XD

• Like 1

I've never paid over $3 for a used Tamagotchi Connection, and I have quite a lot.

Any more than that is too much.

I'd much rather have Digimons, though. XD

I got my very first one for 25 cents at a thrift store. <3

I'm a poor person and up to 25$ I can say that it's cheap.