Sign in to follow this  
bluegreen

Do you read in the car or do you get dizzy?

30 members have voted

1. 1. So do you get dizzy while reading in the car?

• Yes
    • No
    • A bit
    • I always get dizzy even if I'm not reading anything

(Not sure if this was the right place to put it but it's close enough) So, do you read in the car, or do you get really dizzy? For me it's ok if I read for a short time, but if I read for a long time I get really dizzy and feel like I have to puke. My mom and sister can read in the car without a problem though, my dad and other sister can't. Strangely enough, I never get dizzy on rollercoasters and I have never puked on one either. (even though once I ate a hot dog right before riding on one and it was the kind that spun you around a lot)

Edited by bluegreen

If I read long enough... I get a little car sick. Its probably due to the velocity of the car moving when you normally are in one place. Like at the corner of your eye, you see movement. You are focusing on the book, but you know you are moving. The corner of your eyes still see a bit of the side of the car moving, this is probably making you dizzy. If that makes any sense to you.

I get car sick when the ride is taking really long and I get car sick almost immediately when I have/try to read something.

I hate being in a car but it seems that I don't have any problems with it when I'm the driver.

It depends on how long I've been in the car. If it's about an hour or less, I can't read at all in that time. Even checking my phone makes me feel a little dizzy, and reading just makes me completely travel sick. Over that, I can bear to read. It's a bit strange.

i don't get dizzy but my sister does, she can't even watch a movie in the car without feeling like she's going to vomit!

I love reading in the car, I've never had a problem with getting car sick before

I actually just love sitting in the car while my boyfriend is driving while I read or play with my Tamagotchis. For me it's about as relaxing as reading while I take a bath :)

i get dizzy even if i'm looking down for a second in the car (not when i'm driving though lol)

but i also get vertigo which is an inner ear problem :(

Edited by steenie
  • Like 1

wow a while ago i got carsick after nearly just a few seconds of reading!

i'm getting a bit better, but i prefer just not to read overall while in a car/bus haha

i get dizzy even if i'm looking down for a second in the car (not when i'm driving though lol)

but i also get vertigo which is an inner ear problem :(

I have really bad depth perception so on top of getting car sick when I look down if I glance up real fast I tend to freak out and think the car next to me is going to hit me. I flinch alot I the car so it isn't always fun for me to be a passenger. If I'm driving I'm ok.

Hmm, well not really. Unless its a long drive.

Bleh, we don't have a car, but when I'm on the taxi or bus, I feel like dying even when I'm not reading. XD

I can read in the car for hours in general. It does depend on how I'm feeling though. There was a time when I couldn't because I had just had a big meal. That was no good.

In general, I don't even like riding in cars. There's just too much movement, and I don't like that weird leathery smell a lot of car seats have. :|

The first time I tried to read in the car I got a really bad headache. Even texting makes me dizzy.

So if I'm in the car I don't read unless I have to.

Can't read, I get dizzy.

But if I continue reading I feel like throwing up.

No!

Even if I read passing by signs, I get nausea. It's terrible and lasts an entire day. I get carsickness easily, and once we reach our destination I start to feel faint.

Reading in the car is a definite no for me :c

I like reading in the car, I find it relaxing. I can't though if the radio is on, I find music distracting when I'm trying to read.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By QueenRita
      Hi! I'm brand new to Tamagotchi collecting and I'm not sure what tamas to get! I currently have a pink anniversary M!X with everything unlocked and a V5 Tamagotchi Connection that I got in the mail two days ago. I just made my tamatalk account today and I read through everything, but if I'm in the wrong place please let me know and I'll be sure to look at things more carefully in the future.

My question is, what kind of Tamagotchi is best for being on vacation?

We always travel by car and I can't drive, so I'd like a Tamagotchi that has really good mini games, or maybe just a variety of mini games/things to do. Since we're in the car I also need one that has decent battery life. I would like one that isn't too well needy, as once we're actually at our vacation spot I likely won't be able to spend too too much time with it, though checking it every once in a while or pausing it I have no issue with. I'll be in the car with other people so the ability to mute it would be highly appreciated. I know there's one Tamagotchi that you can get an app for and download content onto? I'm not certain it'll work on my phone (iPhone 6+), or if it needs the internet to do so, but I'm open to getting something cheap that may work with it. I have a fair amount of money I can spend though I'd prefer not to spend over $100, and honestly $50 is where I start to get iffy.

I will and can gladly research different Tamagotchis and see which ones I like the most, not to mention my birthday is here in just a few days and I've asked for some Tamas from that too, though the most likely gift will be cash, and that only gives me more room to figure out my car entertainment plans.

I'm open to looking at non-Tamagotchi virtual pets as well, though since I know how to get better information on Tamagotchi's I'd prefer those! I'm open to any suggestions, thank you so much and have a nice day!

TLDR; I go on a lot of summer car trips and would like a virtual pet (Tamagotchi preference) to play with on the road. I need something with plenty to do and a good battery life that isn't too needy/can be paused and can be muted as well. A point in the right direction or any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
    • By Retrotamagotchi
      Okay, so I am REALLY close to finishing my novel. If I don't get it done by the end of next week, I will go crazy (not really but you know what I mean). Until then, I've been researching some possible publishers. My mom says I shouldn't get an agent; she says I can do it on my own, and agents get part of your book sales. And I hear you can become a professional writer without one (though they do help)!

What do you think? P.S. I think part of my book proceeds will be given to a charity.

Lastly, I'm trying to find some big name publishers, but most that take unsolicited books are small company. Should that make a difference? I don't really care about my fame or the money. I just want to teach a super important lesson and get my ideas out there. (Hint: Ecological dystopian story.)

And I totally do not want to make any major changes in my novel. And I've got plots for 3 more books to the series.
    • By Eternal Mametchi Fan
      I saw somebody say this on another site a few days ago...
      They said they're surprised books are still being made and that they should have become obsolete (no longer made/in use/etc) long ago because we have more advanced entertainment methods like movies and the internet

I personally disagree with this idea because...
      - Looking at screens all the time is not healthy
      - Some people have fantastic ideas but only have the resources to make it a book instead of a fancy movie and stuff
      - Books help kids learn to read and improve your vocabulary and stuff
      What do you think?
    • By amarie
      Hi guys!

I hope this topic hasn't been started yet or anything.

I just wanted to ask, have you ever been to a book signing? Do you plan to? And finally, are any of your books signed?

I have been to Veronica Rossi's book signing (you get a virtual cupcake or something if you can guess the trilogy she wrote! ) and got my three books signed. Also been to Ransom Rigg's book signing!

And for the books that I have signed... I have Four by Veronica Roth signed, and Isla & The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins signed as well.

Hope to hear your replies!
    • By ~DreamButterfly~
      I refresh the page. 1 new PM. I silently laugh. I doubt it's a reply to the PM I sent about moderating a website. I click the PM icon. Sure enough, it's my boyfriend. Writing PMs that make me feel like crap. He doesn't mean it. But I'm hurt. I send a reply, then set my phone on my dresser and walk to my shelf.
      So many choices...I could read about the famous library cat in Iowa, the legends of American Indians, or even a barn owl living with a biologist in California. But a spot of blue catches my eye. Going back to the bed, I see my English book. Well, she said 20 minutes of reading right? She never told us how much we had to read in 20 minutes. I made myself comfortable and opened up to where I was.
      Whenever I finish a good book, I clap in my head. Because who says movies get all the applause? When I finished Wesley the Owl and Dewey, I stood up from my bed and started clapping. And crying. Even after the book ends, I feel the characters beside me. Sometimes I feel Dewey working his magic, or Wesley expressing his thoughts on everything. Some times Lydia Pierce will quote some thing from the Shaker's teachings. It provides me with comfort.
      Immediately I was transported to the Big Island, in a old truck driving to weigh Alii, a Hawaiian boar. I wondered who weighed more, the pig or the aunt. Reading, I forget all about the PM, my boyfriend, everything. I am totally focused on the story. Eventually I'll wake up from this dream of books. Soon I'll go on chat and talk there. But until then, I'm happy in my paradise among the words.
    • By bluegreen
      Post your favorite poem here, it can be a poem you made yourself or one made by someone else, (remember to give them credit for their poem though). So here's one my lola (grandmother) used to like: (sorry if the format is wrong or if it's not word for word, this is by memory)

"Trees"

By: Joyce Kilmer

I think that I shall never see,

a poem lovely as a tree,

a tree whose hungry mouth is pressed,

against the earth's sweet flowing breast,

a tree who looks at God all day,

and lifts her leafy arms to pray,

a tree who may in summer wear,

a nest of robins in her hair,

upon whose bosom snow has lain,

who intimately lives with rain,

poems are made by fools like me,

but only God can make a tree.

Here's one of my favorites:

"The Otter and the Ocelot"

(this one is also by memory, the last part is meant to be capitalized)

By: Jack Prelutsky, from the book "It's raining pigs and noodles"

The otter and the ocelot as fortunate as can be,

now sail the seas upon their yacht,

they won the OCELOTTERY.

Hope you enjoy the poems, get inspired to write your own and read more and stuff.

This is my first topic, sorry if I do something wrong, please feel free to say suggestions so I can improve.

But don't only post suggestions you should mainly just share your favorite poems.

(sorry if I have wrong grammar)