Sign in to follow this  
mishi10345

Umino Tamagotchi Sound VERY LOW!

I just received my used Umino Tamagotchi today in the mail. It's in EXCELLENT condition and the batteries were already in it when I received it. However, I noticed that the sound is VERY low. I can barely hear it at all. Does anyone have any solutions or advice? :/

*UPDATE!* The sound randomly started working normally after maybe twenty minutes or so of play. I didn't do anything at all, but now it is at the normal volume. Does anyone have any idea what the reason for the malfunction is? I would really like to prevent it from happening in the future.

Edited by mishi10345

I have the same problem with my angelgotchi at times but have no clue whats doing it or how to fix it either so if anyone else knows i'd like to know as well

This could happen because the wires could be exposed to water, possibly ripped, or halfly damaged. At times, it will go low or high depending on how you hold it. What I suggest you do, is open up the Umino and see if the wires are connected. If is, take it immediately before further damage to someone you know who knows about/does soldiering.

- TamaTamatchi

Edited by TamaTamatchi
  • Like 1

Great that you got the sound to work correctly! There may have been some dust inside the Tamagotchi (after all, it's a vintage that probably hasn't been used for years) that got dismantled after some play. This allows the sound to not be so muffled.

Good luck!

~Amat

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By StarBlade
      Well I recently got the Ocean's secret character, Ningyotchi, for the third time except this time the little mermaid lived for three days! Previously I was under the impression that she can only live for 24 hours at this stage, since the other two times I got her, there was a seemingly unavoidable, hard coded polar bear attack exactly 24 hours after evolving. She just passed this morning at the age of 9.
      Just thought I'd share this major breakthrough in Umino care! XD
    • By mimitchi ^o^
      Okay, so we've seen the re-release of P1 and P2 Tamagotchis, the Tamagotchi mini's, Digimon, the Tamagotchi Nano's are doing well, and the On/Meets/Some are also doing good. This is purely speculation at this point, but perhaps we may see a new wave of the Angel, Forest, and Ocean? I would seriously flip my lip if that happened! And don't even get me started on the Devilgotchi, if that got re-released it would be amazing. Though that one is probably the least likely to be re-released out of the bunch.  
      I hope that if Bandai goes down this path and Tamagotchi continues to be successful again, maybe they'll re-release the connections as well? Sigh, one can dream.
      What does everyone else think? Do you think a re-release of the Angel/Forest/Ocean is feasible? Would you also flip your lid?  I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!
    • By cannotstoptwinkling
      Four days ago I received and started my very first Ocean tamagotchi run. To summarize, I went from Planktontchi > Kuragetchi > Ototochi > Kaitchi

Here's where it gets a little WEIRD. I took perfect care of planktontchi and then got a fully disciplined yet neglected kuragetchi to evolve into ototochi. Problem is I wanted Kingyotchi for a chance at kaitchi for a hope of Ningyotchi. Since I got otototchi, I decided to take perfect care of ototochi to see which of the good care adult I would get. Ototochi evolved 47 hours later into Kaitchi while at full discipline and hunger hearts. What are the odds? I thought discipline had to be pretty low! 

Almost immediately after evolving into Kaitchi, it got attacked by the polar bear for the first time because the initial discipline was too low to fight it off and lived. I'm not sure if I can still get Ningyotchi due to that, but we'll see! 
    • By Soggy Fry
      So I got 2 tamagotchis, a gudetama one and a pacman one. At some point I noticed the pacman one was quieter than the gudetama one and I was wondering if it was already like that or it just changed and I have to fix it. Can someone compare the sounds for me on their own pacman and gudetama so I don't go crazy over this.
    • By dwarfmun
      I have a knockoff 168-in-1 that I would really like to play with, but I live with roommates, and the sound is super obnoxious. Has anyone found a sound toggle option in their 168-in-1, or is there a way for me to take it apart and remove the speaker without damaging the toy?
      Here's a picture of the one I have.
      https://hottopic.scene7.com/is/image/HotTopic/11567678_hi?$pdp_hero_standard$
      Also please let me know if there's another topic where this question would fit better, I didn't see any knockoff help talk in any of the sections besides the warnings section.
    • By Knighttchi's Ballad
      The Wave UFO (or Henshin UFO) is a virtual pet alien created by Bandai and its main feature is that the alien will change form when it detects specific waves - wi-fi waves especially, a good and bad thing. This page rescued from a defunct website give a nice little summary:

With that context, let's move onto the instructions. Via Wayback Machine, I stumbled across a translated version of the Wave UFO instructions (I have the original Japanese ones, but that is not as useful as copiable text). As nothing lasts forever on the internet, I am posting the full instructions here in efforts to further preserve it. This is the original page.

While looking for other information I came across
      which explains the menus and gives a little overview. I thought I'd add that although it repeats some of the information present in the instructions. 
      I've noticed one big gripe about the Wave UFO is that the sound cannot be turned off for the attention or changing animations, both of which emit a shrill beeping sound. As someone who takes her Vpets practically everywhere, I had to find a solution for this. First I tried putting ductape over the speakers as in most cases that solves problems. Oddly, that only dampened the sound a little. I then found that rolling it up in a sweater really deafens the sound to a faint beeping. And I found that out after rolling up and tying my Wave UFO in a sweater and then lifting it up to the microwave like an offering to some pagan god, bewildering my father and making my brother laugh (I did this several times to make sure, of course). That works for me as the general principal of "several objects dampens noise" logically solves the problem, and it is faint enough that people probably wouldn't notice. Of course, there will always be the cost of having to unroll it to check on it, but it is low-maintenance enough to make that extra task reasonable. For people who don't carry a bag with them that can easily house a sweater, this won't be to helpful. My only advice for that is since it goes to bed at 1 a.m., it can probably be left unattended for long stretches and then cured before it goes to sleep. Also, in general situations such as walking outside or passing through places, there isn't really any need to be concerned with other people since loud talking is an equally acceptable distraction in those circumstances.

Eventually when I have run my Wave UFO enough I'll create a review (like Penguin-Keeper :^) ) or detail it more in an oddpet log if that happens sooner. Overall, the information here will surely help anyone successfully run Wave UFO, as so far I haven't seen anything unusual or had problems (likely because all "evolutions" are not determined by care).