Which Tamagotchi should I try next?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mishi10345

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I recently started getting into Tamagotchis again, and I've purchased a couple that I thought would be really fun. So far, they've turned out to be just that. I've got the iD L, Princess Spacy iD L, 15th Anniversary iD L, V4, V4.5, and the Umino. I've also got a Japanese P1 coming soon.

Now, I'm thinking of trying some new Tamagotchis, as I've started saving up some money. I've been thinking about the upcoming Tamagotchi P's, the Angelgotchi, the Osu/Mesu set, and even the Devilgotchi (if it turns out to be worth the RIDICULOUS prices I'm seeing on eBay).

So, I'd like to know everyone's opinions. What are some of the pros and cons of some of the Tamagotchis I've listed? Is the Devilgotchi REALLY worth it when I could afford a new iPod or whatever with that kind of money? What are some other Tamas (or virtual pets) that you would recommend? Finally, what are the usual price ranges for these pets?

Thanks so much! :)

V3 V3 V3 V3 V3 V3 V3 V3 V3 V3 V3 V3

Oh hey there

-cough- V3.

yeah, Theyre my favorite.

That version has a wide character ( especially adult ) variety and many tamas that arent available in ANY other version!

Plus, most ALL the design of the tamagotchi itself, (like, the plastic) is absolutely adorable.

For example, my V3's are "cherry blossom" Night sky" "Pink Ribbon" and "Red Japan"

yeah so V3

i love the v3, but i personally think you need two of them to have fun! :p

otherwise i'd say v2 or v4.5

I would vote v3 out of the ones you've listed :) They are on the simpler side of the later Connection versions, but still have enough features to keep you entertained.

I've heard v2 is awesome, as well, but I've honestly yet to get one!

i'd recommend against the Angelgotch as I've not been too impressed. I own two, and have given one away (well, to someone who will 100% give it back!) and they don't like it either. It's easy, somewhat boring, and the button input lags. The characters are cute, though - and animations, as well. I just prefer a more responsive Tama.

I can't say for the Devilgotch, and my Mesu/Osu pair are still packaged ^_^ Although they seem cute.

I would vote v3 out of the ones you've listed :) They are on the simpler side of the later Connection versions, but still have enough features to keep you entertained.

I've heard v2 is awesome, as well, but I've honestly yet to get one!

i'd recommend against the Angelgotch as I've not been too impressed. I own two, and have given one away (well, to someone who will 100% give it back!) and they don't like it either. It's easy, somewhat boring, and the button input lags. The characters are cute, though - and animations, as well. I just prefer a more responsive Tama.

I can't say for the Devilgotch, and my Mesu/Osu pair are still packaged ^_^ Although they seem cute.
The angels don't all have that input lag, mine doesn't have that at all. It's more responsive than all my p1/p2's.

So wouldn't make a decision based on that alone :) Angel is one of my favourites to run when I have less time to check it. You can find an angel for 30-40$

Osu/Mesu are really fun too, they have the simplicity of a p1/p2 but with loads of characters you can obtain if you run them more than 1 generation. You can find those relatively cheap too, for about 40-60$ for the two.

And for the Devilgotch, I would say it's only worth it when you're a collector. It's cool but then again not that special to be paying 500$ for it if you just want a tama for fun and running it.

That's for the vintages. These can go from 350$ and up depending on the shell.

The Morino and Mothra are but very fun too, are much alike only the mothra has a much faster cocoon stage. The Mothra needs discipline when he tries to attack the city and the Morino you need to keep safe from being stepped on and frogs.

These will cost around 40-50$.

But I see you have many of the color versions and you're enjoying those alot, I might recommend the new Tamagotchi P because I have the feeling that the vintage models might bore you.

The V2 and V3 are nice too but they lean more towards the vintage pets, has some new features like the gotchipoints and shops but nothing more :) These are quite cheap too, 15-20$ for one.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you enjoy your current versions, try getting the new Tamagotchi P's! Their price is around $60, excluding shipping, and you can buy them on Hobby Link Japan. :)

Thanks for the great replies, everyone! :)

The angels don't all have that input lag, mine doesn't have that at all. It's more responsive than all my p1/p2's.

So wouldn't make a decision based on that alone :) Angel is one of my favourites to run when I have less time to check it. You can find an angel for 30-40$

Osu/Mesu are really fun too, they have the simplicity of a p1/p2 but with loads of characters you can obtain if you run them more than 1 generation. You can find those relatively cheap too, for about 40-60$ for the two.

And for the Devilgotch, I would say it's only worth it when you're a collector. It's cool but then again not that special to be paying 500$ for it if you just want a tama for fun and running it.

That's for the vintages. These can go from 350$ and up depending on the shell.

The Morino and Mothra are but very fun too, are much alike only the mothra has a much faster cocoon stage. The Mothra needs discipline when he tries to attack the city and the Morino you need to keep safe from being stepped on and frogs.

These will cost around 40-50$.

But I see you have many of the color versions and you're enjoying those alot, I might recommend the new Tamagotchi P because I have the feeling that the vintage models might bore you.

The V2 and V3 are nice too but they lean more towards the vintage pets, has some new features like the gotchipoints and shops but nothing more :) These are quite cheap too, 15-20$ for one.

Hope this helps!
Wow! Very detailed and informative! Thanks!

I'm currently running two iD L's and my Umino, and while I love the graphics and all the features on the iD L, I can't help but feel like it barely retained any of the "pet" features of the vintages. It feels more like... a game where I have to collect all the TamaTomos to win. I'm also not a big fan of the Connections because they're right smack-dab in between the vintages and the iD L's; there are more features than the vintages, but I also feel like it's a huge step back from the iD L's. So right now, I'm debating between the new Tamagotchi P and another vintage, since I'm really loving the Umino. Do you think the new features of the Tamagotchi P will be really worth it?

I have the same feeling with the color versions, they don't feel like a vpet anymore.

If that's how you feel I would really recommend a Mothra or Morino. If you like it easy but cute and fun an Angel :)

I'm not buying the new P, kinda regret buying the IDL too. So for me it's not worth it.

I didn't play my iD much, but I do enjoy my iD L though. I agree that they don't feel like a vpet anymore... More like a character from an anime you just don't let to starve.

I don't have any vintage tamas, but I think that Keitai Akai is really worth a try! It's NOT as good as a v3, but it's really cute and has many new characters! And they are cheap.

Hanerutchi is also cool.

Yeah :/ That's the thing about the new Tamas I don't really like. They're not even really a pet anymore. -.-

I really like my Angel, a lot of fun, and an easy Tama to run if you're busy too.

I'd probably say one of my faves, though, is the Keitai. Really fun, and has enough features to keep you interested, but isn't too demanding (say like the Umino :p ).

It was my first relatively complicated Japanese Tamagotchi (back in the day), so I found Pixelmood really helpful in giving me a few pointers before I started. Check out the guide here: https://www.tamatalk.com/pixelmood/keitai.htm

Wow, thanks for all the fantastic replies, guys!

I've narrowed my options down to just a vintage Tama, so I'm looking at the Angelgotchi, Morino, Mothra, Mesu/Osu, and the Genjintchi. They all have pretty cute characters, so I'm not too sure which one I'm going to go with--they're all so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back