English ID L Release?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbowmetchi

Reaction score
So a lot of talk has been floating around about the new english version ID L in hong kong. Surely if they decided to release an english version of the ID L they intend on releasing it in the US right? I know very few are available on ebay for about 80 bucks but there has to be more to this.

If anyone has any more information on the english ID Ls or a release date let me know!!!

It is Bandai-Asia that has released an English version of the iD L.

However, Bandai Asia limits the sales of the iD L to Asia only and is prohibited for distribution in USA, Canada or Europe. The only way to get them is through buying it online.

I don't mean touring your hopes down,

But most of the Japanese Tamagotchi versions some are lucky enough after a year are translated into English. Like the P1. I don't think they plan to release them into USA because its Bandai Asia. They only release the the Tamagotchis released in there and only there. Same goes for Bandai US and JP.

- TamaTamatchi

I found mention of the Tamagotchi iD L English version on Bandai's site: https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/ir/interview/irInterview06.html

Question: Overseas expansion of Tamagotchi?

Answer: Since Tamagotchi have potential supported by overseas markets, is also to revive in the overseas one of the theme. In North America, prepared in experienced a boom of 1997 No. 1 next generation brand "focusing on"TAMAGOTCHI L.i.f.e.", develop apparel and designs. On the other hand start test sales of Tamagotchi iD L from fall in Asia.

So, apparently, Bandai America has no plans to release a Tamagotchi virtual pet toy in the near future. Currently their strategy is to build the Tamagotchi brand name using clothing and character goods.

This thread has lots of info: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182183-tamagotchi-id-l-in-english/

As binary said, since the L.I.F.E project is going on (well, we didn't recieve any updates), there's a low chance of a new Tamagotchi releasing.

Also, the English on the English iD L is really sloppy...it's hard to understand, unlike Bandai Amerca English releases.

I don't really think the English is sloppy... :T It's not hard to understand at all... Even the instruction booklet was simple enough to understand. It's not the best English ever, but it certainly gets the message across~

Maybe I'm saying this because I already have a Japanese one, but I gave one English iD L to my sister, and she has had no problems at all....

The manual uses some English words that while correct English, are not commonly used (for example "cacation" instead of "pooing",) and the toy itself has a few spelling mistakes (for example, "refurdish" instead of "refurnish"), but so far I haven't encountered anything incomprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back