Warning: Virtual Pet being called the "Tamagotchi original!"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittenCorn

Reaction score
As you can imagine I've got a searched saved for Tamagotchi on eBay and a bunch of these came up:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/221135470330?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They are calling them Tamagotchis but they look to be Dinkie Dino fakes. So they've struck out twice. I'm basing this on the horrible packaging and the fact that all the original Dinkie Dinos I've seen have solid coloured shells.

The fact that the seller only has one feedback and is supposedly in the US but the item is in Israel isn't exactly indicative of this person's trustworthiness either.

Yes they are fakes. Although the seller doesn't say anywhere that he is from the US so I dont understand where you saw that, it clearly says he is from Israel on his seller page. https://myworld.ebay..../classic.games/

Report all of the items listed as Tama's though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm they must have changed it because when I first looked at their seller page it said United States. But yea I've reported the items.

Not sure what the purpose of this post is?. No one is dumb enough to think those are real, true fans know what's what.

a warning? No one here seems need be "warned" of these.

A virtual pet is a virtual pet weather it be "authentic" Tamagotchi or not. As long as its fun and you like it features it doesnt matter what kind you own.

I do agree that the guy calling it authentic Tamagotchi original is ridiculous.

I would also like to add that foreigners and adults and people who weren't familiar or as into the franchise as many of us call EVERY virtual pet "Tamagotchi" even if it blatantly has something different posted on it

Not sure what the purpose of this post is?. No one is dumb enough to think those are real, true fans know what's what.

a warning? No one here seems need be "warned" of these.

A virtual pet is a virtual pet weather it be "authentic" Tamagotchi or not. As long as its fun and you like it features it doesnt matter what kind you own.

I do agree that the guy calling it authentic Tamagotchi original is ridiculous.

I would also like to add that foreigners and adults and people who weren't familiar or as into the franchise as many of us call EVERY virtual pet "Tamagotchi" even if it blatantly has something different posted on it
I feel that you're being a bit harsh. This warning may be useful to someone who isn't familiar with Dinkie Dinos or Tamagotchis but wants to get into them and just stumbled upon our website. Our job on this website is to be informative, understandable and of course to guide those that are just starting off with Tamagotchis. That includes helping them identify what is and isn't a real Dinkie Dino or Tamagotchi or etc... I've seen in other posts people thinking that a fake was an actual tamagotchi or that a fake was an actual Dinkie Dino and several of us had to help them see that it isn't an authentic one. It is useful for us to post when we find fakes to re-iterate what a fake looks like and what a real one looks like.

So relax...if you feel like this post doesn't apply to you just don't read it :)

Isn't the point of this particular sub-forum to warn others of fakes? Sure, many of us are knowledgeable about fake vs real but sometimes, people might try to buy it assuming it's legitimate because there wasn't anything stating otherwise. These people might not know it's fake because they think the seller is honest and/or they don't know any better. Someone might do some Googling and find this post before assuming they are buying a "legit" tamagotchi from that seller. That's the whole point of these kinds of post.

My post did come off a bit harsh that was not my intention.sorry.

Thnak you all So much for making this forum! I didnt know that thwe Bandai logo was on the backs of all the legit tamas, but now I know! I checked both my tamas, and THANK TAMAGOTCHI WORLD that they are both real. I was also planning to buy a Tamagotchi off Ebay or Amazon once I get the money, and I saw this particular one....a pretty divine pink, I would say the colour was. But once I cliked on it, It looked SO much like a real Tamagotchi, but after reading this, now I know it is a fake. But thank you all for making and posting on this forum!

---tamagotchialice

I feel that you're being a bit harsh. This warning may be useful to someone who isn't familiar with Dinkie Dinos or Tamagotchis but wants to get into them and just stumbled upon our website. Our job on this website is to be informative, understandable and of course to guide those that are just starting off with Tamagotchis. That includes helping them identify what is and isn't a real Dinkie Dino or Tamagotchi or etc... I've seen in other posts people thinking that a fake was an actual tamagotchi or that a fake was an actual Dinkie Dino and several of us had to help them see that it isn't an authentic one. It is useful for us to post when we find fakes to re-iterate what a fake looks like and what a real one looks like.

So relax...if you feel like this post doesn't apply to you just don't read it :)
disagree

I thought it was kinda funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back