V4.5 disguised as a V4?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pewdiepie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post ^_^

So I got a tamagotchi off eBay recently. It came from Taipei, and all the instructions were in Chinese, but all in game writing is English. It has a ball on top of the antennae thing (just like a V4), but all the games, characters and everything are just like a V4.5! For example, my tama right now is an Ura Memetchi, and as a teen she was a Zouritchi. :)

There's also a little dangly plastic thing with beads on it, and each bead has one of the letters: T, M, G and C ~

It also has no tamagotchi logo on the front, but a really cute picture of Mametchi and some flowers on a light blue background.

Is this normal? It seems weird but maybe it's something to do with the fact it's Asian? Idk, but hey if it's a fake it's the best fake ever o.o

Thank you everyone! ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you able to post a picture of your Tama? It's possible this could be an Asian Pacific V4...but I'm unsure. Usually fake Tamagotchi's don't emulate gameplay of official Tamagotchis, just the shell design. Usually the gameplay of fakes are very distinguishable against official releases...and the gameplay is usually very poor in comparison.

I'm curious to see! Also, do you still have the packaging? That could help us better identify your Tamagotchi in question.

Thanks steenie, the one through that link is mine! :D

graficks, here's a picture anyway because I couldn't resist :3

Photoon02-11-2012at07392.jpg

Oh, my beautiful Ura Memetchi Maya *-*

EDIT: also, this looks backwards because of my weird camera :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The first wave of V4.5's that were released (in some places, I can't remember specifically where...) acted like V4.5's, but had the V4 antenna. So congratulations, you got one of the very first 4.5's released (And a Bandai goof up!) :)

I have had one of these, it was a v4.5 in a V4 case. I think that it is because the ones with the star anntenai were not released in Europe like that and only in other countries. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back