What's your favorite movie?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pango

Reaction score
Tell me your favorite movie, and what part you best like about it. My favorite movies are:

The Love Bug (1969?)

What I Like About It: The theme song, to be exact. How the letters of the title and the letters of "The End" form into a car. It's kinda silly.

Herbie Rides Again (1974)

What I Like About It: The variation of the theme song and the orchestrion. I also love when Herbie's dreaming (although he sleeps with his eyes wide open), but dislike the nightmare Mr. Hawk had. I even love that line that woman named Nicole Harris said to the sleeping Herbie before he starts dreaming. The line goes like this: "Goodnight, Herbie. Pleasant dreams." It's my favorite line! Plus, the wedding part at the very end of the movie is super cute!

Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005)

What I Like About It: My primary liking to this movie is when Herbie is "brought to life"!

Doogal (2006) (The American dub of The Magic Roundabout.)

What I Like About It: I LOVE that talking TRAIN! Yup, the one with stalk eyes. He's my FAVORITE character!

Heartless. That one with Jim Sturgess.

I don't know why exactly I like it so much. I like the plot, storyline, characters and everything.

It does get confusing though...

Plus, music is great. (two songs are sang by Jim himself! "Heartless" and "The other me", to be exact)

edward scissorhands???

i dont know considering im not a big movie person and i never watch them but it was what we watched for film study and i fell in love!!

Yep. That movie is a musical!
If it was directed to me, I don't think it was a musical. Just Sturgess likes to sing but isn't a singer (he went to some music school I believe) and has a great voice, so I guess it didn't hurt them to ask for something for soundtrack. Cheaper plus both songs were heavily movie themed! It's a nice touch when you hear in the background music sang by the main character's actor, with lyrics accurate to the situation or just the plot.

Though, Sturgess did play in a musical. It's called "Across the Universe', I think. The song itself which is covered by him there is by The Beatles. He covered at least three Beatles songs, anyway.

Back To The Future but if I'm being specific then it's part 2.

It's all awesome and Marty is adorable and It's so cool and I love it. it's just my sort of thing and I love time travel.

It would be very difficult to narrow it down to one so here's a list.

Gremlins. It's one of those films that I can watch over and over again and never get tired of. I grew up watching it and I love the creatures.

The Dark Crystal. It's a beautiful work. probably the only live action film in which no humans appear. It's all puppets and costumes. They managed to create an entire new world and populate it with all sorts of fascinating creatures. And they did it all without that cinematic crutch that is CGI.

Labyrinth. Another childhood favorite. Ludo is one of the best movie creatures ever and Sir Didymus is hilarious in a Leeroy Jenkins sort of way.

Harry And The Hendersons. The creature effects are amazing. And it's Bigfoot! I've always loved anything with Bigfoot.

Short Circuit. Great movie for a robot freak like me. Most of the budget was spent on bringing the robot Number Five to life and it shows.

The Toy Story series. It confirms something I've always sort of believed. That toys have feelings and are completely loyal to their owners. My toys were my best friends growing up and even now I have a habit of talking to them.

Wall*E. I love robot movies and this is one of the best.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ( the first one ). Because I've always been a huge TMNT fan. I saw this in Theatres four times.

The Iron Giant. See my description for Wall*E

ET. This movie ruined me but in a good way. It began my love of movies with creatures and my fascination with the art of bringing creatures to life onscreen. Most of what makes me me began when I saw this film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything of the Chronicles of Narnia series. :) <3

White Chicks,

andd Coraline.

I also adore Lady and the Tramp.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (the girly Chipmunks are cute, but Theodore and Eleanor are meant for each other, since they are too adorable.)

Rio

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2

Kung Fu Panda

My Neighbor Totoro!!!

What I like: Pretty much everything! The plot is cute, the graphics are great and it's quite imaginative. Like seriously a Cat Bus?? Need I say more? ;)

The Powerpuff Girls Movie

Pokemon The Movie Black: Victini and Reshiram

Toy Story series

Most of the Harry Potter movies (except Part 1 of Deathly Hollows, once scene terrifies me)

Spongebob Squarepants Movie (After this, Spongebob went downhill :( )

And that's pretty much it...

Tangled. Hands down.

Why? Now that I think about it, I'm really not sure! I guess it just strikes a cord for me. <3

Alot.

Anything Tim Burton.

Esp. Coraline & Edward

The Labrynth

BeetleJuice

IAMLEGEND & Jeepers Creepers...& Planet Of The Apes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back