My Tamagotchi P1 & P2 pouches (review it)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are they good, bad, or okay

• Good

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • okay

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirano

Reaction score
15275_279505085503818_87462086_n.jpg

P1 is on the left ~ P2 is on the right

As you can see, i made pouches for my Tamagotchi P1 & P2

I need opinions telling wether they are good, bad, okay or perfect.

Tell me, ...
  • did i do a good job?
  • what can i do to make it better?
  • what can to add?
  • what to take out?

Any suggestion will do.

^_^​

Last edited by a moderator:
As you probably are a beginner at sewing, they are okay. Mine look similiar, just are made from fleece.

Your stitches look way better than mine, heh.

Practice with a running stitch. (in and out evenly)

Sew the inside with a fair gap from the edge. Do the sewing regular. Turn the pouch inside out. Then people can't see your stitches/thread like they can here. They look more professional that way.

i understand i need more sewing practice, but this is my first time sewing... dont expect alot..

i prefer stitches being showed rather than having it insideout... less room in pouch when i have it that way... and i personally like it... the one on the right is my second pouch, i tried to go more evenly with the stitches...

They're pretty good. To improve them, you could use a running stitch or even a sewing machine on it. You could try a different fabric, like fleece, to avoid unraveling the fabric.

You can replace the button with a draw string. It's a bit easier. But if you want to keep the button, make sure the button hole isn't too big. Instead, make a small incision, which will stretch when you put the button in.

You could also add a lanyard, bracelet, or necklace so it is easier to carry around.

I like those cases. ^_^

For a first try, not bad at all. Keep practicing! I practiced with pieces of Felt and Yarn. The felt was cheap and the yarn made it easier to see my stitches/lines I made. Eventually they were much easier to make even. Then felt and a thinner yarn down to thinner thread. Once I felt comfortable with my skills, I kept practicing with simple projects.

Maybe if you feel like it later when you are bored... You could try to make a pouch that is inside out. Just to see how well your tamas fit. (I like them more snug so the paint/design doesn't ruin.) I didn't like inside out until much later, but now its weird not to reverse the insides.

I have done some cruel hole projects too. Those are great to learn sewing. I ended up doing a racoon project for my neice. I fought myself not to turn it inside out because the look required it not to be reversed. Pre-holed projects are great and teach you the basics though. As to put it short and sweet, it became second nature to flip the inners out.

I voted okay, but they are good for a beginner. My first pouches looked somewhat better (no offense intended), but that's because I've sewn a lot before making pouches. x3 I, too, put on a little button so that you can close the pouch. It makes your pouches look pretty cute. ^_^ Perhaps you should use better material, like felt, because I see that strings are coming loose from that fabric. That happened with some of my fabric pouches, and soon they fell into bits. X_X

I'm dying to get my hands on some different types of fabric...

I'm limited on my fabric inventory X-X

I tried using a sewing machine, but its very difficult for me... so I'll just do it by hand and let my experience on sewing grow...

my next idea was getting a red and white one and make pokeball looking pouch just for funziez..

then when I'm pro at this, I'll sell them on eBay for 5 bucks (USA) a piece...

536667_279958812125112_623178099_n.jpg

I bought red, orange, yellow, lime, green, white, and teal felt....

Black and White ribbon

The Black is leather... i showed it to my mom when we went to Micheals, she took it and bought it.... i didnt even have to ask her... i just showed it to her saying this,"hey mom, look"

Wow! Those look awesome! Im not trying to be mean or anything, but if you'd flip them inside out, yout Tamagotchis would still have room, but they would fit more snug. Try that next time, alright? :D

P.S.Great job!

390135_280333572087636_1708363134_n.jpg

LEATHER CASE!!!!!!!! all mine :3

ill post more pics because they dont fit in one for some raisin....

(like if you were like"wtf? rasin")

if you cannot see those images clearly, i suggest you get glasses.... thick glasses.... very thick glasses

I like it! Thats really good for using leather. I have done some stuff with it and its can be a pain. Did you reverse that inside out? I can't tell, but either way its good I can't.

For the pokeball... If its for ancestors, maybe even the connections... Trace the round cardboard with the ribbon or whatever on it, as it would be perfect. Are you just making two sides? Or are you going to make it more like a coin purse...? Adding a zipper? The side with the main pokeball image, I recommend you make that side just a tad larger then the other side so it blends with the other side and makes it a tad thicker. (when you sew like you did the first time. Maybe you could sew on the inside and flip this one. )

By making one side slightly larger, that side will tuck in more with a regular size. It will cover any "extra" fabric hanging over the edge of the main pokeball. Hence, it will be tucked in if you decide to flip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back