Just Bought a Tama-Go

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x3morgen

Reaction score
So, the other day, my friends and I were talking in school about how much we missed Tamagotchi's. We were all under the impression that they were no longer sold. However, I did some research and found that the most recent one in America (I think..) is the Tama-Go, wave 2. So I purchased one from Amazon (the pink Kuchipatchi one) and I'm now waiting for it to arrive, hopefully next weekend. I got it for $8 including shipping c:

But after I ordered it I was doing some research on how to care for tamagotchi's, as I haven't touched one since probably fourth grade. I read some.. negative.. reviews on the Tama-Go. However, I also read some positive ones.

So I guess my question is, was it a mistake to buy this Tama-Go? Or will I be satisfied?

Please consider that i'm not a collector, or some kind of tamagotchi master. I merely just remembered them, saw a cheap one, and bought it for the heck of it.

I think if I really enjoy this and want to expand, i'm going to buy the English iD L from Bandai HK. Not too sure though.

Well, I don't know with which tamagotchi you are/were familliar with. If it was an old one, (vintage) one from 1997 or so then I think you will be pretty pleased with it since it has a lot more features(add on figures not included).

For me, I was only familliar with the old ones(P2 and a digimon). I bought a Tama-Go for 18 euro(shipping included). That's pretty expensive but the cheapest I could get.

You can buy Tama-Go add on figures which can be pricy(shipping and all) to get. With these Items you can get extra games/shops and restaurant.

For every figure you buy you get extra features. And like that you can have a pretty awesome tamagotch I believe.

I however haven't bought a figure(yet?). But I'm still pretty happy with it. Also it's a fun fact that it has greyscale backgrounds and interchangeble faceplates. Some people don't like the size. It IS bulky, it IS bigger than a chickensegg, but I personally don't mind it. It fits in my pocket and I like the feel.

I do believe, in what I heard of the versions before it(like v4 till v6), that they have held certain features back so you are a bit forced to buy figures.

On a certain website I read: Either you love it or you hate it.

In some way I agree. I don't hate it, but gets a bit boring for running it for 4 generations non-stop.

:)

I bought the TamaGo on a whim back in the end of August since I found it so cheap as well, and I really like it. The large size took a while to get used to -- it doesn't fit into any of my pants pockets (unless I'm wearing cargo pants) but it will fit just fine into a hoodie pocket or the like. As far as game play goes, I like it. I think I've been pretty well spoiled with the iD L that I got for my birthday, but I was thinking about starting up my TamaGo again since I only ran it for a couple months before the brand new shiny iD L was put into my hands. I didn't get any of the extra figures yet, but I enjoyed it a lot without those anyway. It is uncomplicated and I enjoy that aspect of it as much as I enjoy all the bells and whistles of the iD L.

Anyway, for such an inexpensive tama, I think you can't really go wrong with getting it. It's a good one to get you back into virtual pets.

Alright. Thanks everyone for the replies. c: I'm really excited to get it. I think if I like it, but want more, i'll get the iD L.

The Tama-Go is by far my favorite version of all time, even though I have lots of other Tamagotchis including an iD L! I think you'll be pleased because it has lots of adorable characters on, and some new ones like Lovelitchi and Uwasatchi!

I really like the tamago, (once i really gave it a chance) just dont mind the size cause the tamagotchi inside is unique and quite lovable. Do try to get a few add on thingies (that go ontop) cause they unlock cute games and places to go, and toys etc.

I think if I really enjoy it i'm going to buy that value-pack of the attachable characters. You get 6 of them for like $14.95.

The Tamagotchi Go is a interesting Tamagotchi. It hasn't got as many features as some of the other ones, like the V6 Music Star. Although it would be good if you haven't used one since fourth grade. (Isn't that like Year 3 in the United Kingdom?).

Also, if you do plan on getting a Tamagotchi ID L-E, you may be out of luck as they have stopped production of the English ones. Im also sure they will eventually stop production of the ID L all together now the Tamagotchi P has been released. The Japanese version are really easy to use as well, because the layout is mainly to same for all tamagotchi variations. I would defiantly recommend getting a ID L as they have many different features, and it is also nice to see your tamagotchi characters in colour.

I think you'll find it really enjoyable, although the size is an issue ;)

I'd definatly recommend you to buy a pack of many characters for it, that gives you accsess to more features than I think any other tamagotchi has. ;)

I think you'll really like it! I recently got a tama-go for a birthday present and I am really having fun with it. Considering how the older, more rare, tamagotchis can have kind of steep prices, the tama-go is pretty cheap. I really like how you can buy the gotchi figures to attach. It gives you a wide variety of games to choose from. Trust me, you won't regret buying it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back