ID L-E downloading custom wallpapers. Always fails.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

Reaction score
I've been going nuts downloading different things for my iD L-E since I got my USB to IrDA adapter yesterday. Most everything works, with the exception of most custom-made things like wallpapers, toys, etc. (Ra's Gryffindor Common Room wallpaper worked fine though, for some reason.)

It's always successful on the computer's end of things, but on the Tamagotchi, the screen immediately goes from 'CONNECT' to 'FAILED'.

When things fail normally, the computer always matches up with the Tamagotchi's reaction. But this time the computer appears to succeed in transferring the files while the Tamagotchi immediately fails.

Does anyone know how to fix this? :huh: Am I the only one experiencing this problem...?

Maybe those wallpapers are designed to be for the iD and not the iD L. You will need binary's program to tinker with it to make it iD L-compatible.

Are the wallpapers 128 x 72 pixel image? Is it 4 bit indexed? ( 16 colors) Did you download the program? If not go here https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=23913. You should download the newest version so you have everything. After downloading ( It may ask you to extract the files after downloading) double click to open it. In the top right corner, right under the red x, it should say "Create new..." Select that button. After that, put your mouse on ID L. Then select living room wallpaper. Last, you hit load, and select your image. Then, try using your cell phone to transfer the wallpaper.It should then arrive at Gotchi Interiror if you have done correctly.

if the downloads were originally for an iD, you need to change the serial numbers in order to make them work for an iDL. Binary's software should fix it.

Thanks guys, that's probably what it is - though Gotchiworld (where I got all of my downloads from) have them all put in with the iD L files. So unless the specific files are labeled with "iD L" in the title, there's no way of knowing whether it's for the iD L or just the regular iD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back