Tamagotchi ID L English - froze?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuschiii

Reaction score
So, I received my Tamagotchi ID L English in the mail yesterday - totally excited and worth the money I spent.

I shoved my Tamagotchi in my bag, and I was taking care of it periodically throughout the day. However, when I took it out of my bag this afternoon at around 3:30pm - my character was frozen on the screen. :-/ I pressed all the buttons I could think of and nothing happened.

I was lucky enough to have a toothpick in my bag, so I did a hard reset and downloaded my character again, which solved the problem - except my clock was reset to 1pm. ><

I attributed it to two things that may have happened:

- Something in my bag could have pressed on all the buttons and jammed it up.

- It was pretty hot today, good old Australian summer...

Has this happened to anyone else? Just curious. :)

It happened to me and my sister too! My tamagotchi idl did it one time, i had to remove batteries and reinsert, after doing that my tamagotchi worked again. I don't know why does it happen, and sincerely i'd like to know, but i want you to know that you're not the only one with this problem!

Haven't encountered this before. I suggest you keep it in a fluffy coin purse, or make some crocheted cases for shock-proofing. I don't think the weather affects it much. I live in the all-year-round-summer-season Philippines, but it hasn't happened to me

mine sometimes freezes but only when downloading stuff

i agree with tamageff on the fluffy coin purse! i keep mine in this:

3577982369_d0c5928fef_m.jpg

My regular ID does this a lot, and I never carry it around with me...

Thanks everyone! I forgot I posted this a few days ago. I was thinking of investing in a little coin purse. I'm travelling out of town tomorrow so I may find a cute one on my travels. :)

It hasn't happened again, but I'm glad some people have had the same problem so I'm not alone.

Plus that purse looks so cute Steenie ^^

This tends to happen with iD/iDL's, etc. a lot because of the way they are made.

If you've read a few other topics, people iDL's break a lot/wont turn on/freeze because how they are big and all of the things jammed inside of them that help them work.

Be sure NOT to drop it ESPECIALLY on ANY hard surface. This could cause it to freeze up and/or even break. Lala0629's iDL broke after her having it for two days. She didnt know what was wrong with it, she never dropped it on anything but soft surfaces.

Hope I helped~ ;)

Sorry, only just got back to this topic. ><

My IDLe has frozen another two times. I am beginning to think that it's a handbag problem, since I use such a tiny bag. I am contemplating using a bigger bag (even though I hate them) or using a lanyard and covering the screen with something.

I do have a new vest which has a suitable pocket for it. It seems to do the trick, but there are only so many things you can wear with a vest... :D

Thanks for all the replies! I am yet to drop my precious Tamagotchi yet. Hopefully it won't come to that. ^_^

Maybe you should try to take note of the times when it happen, and a brief description of where it happens or what were you doing when it happened, anything that may cause it to malfunction. You never know there might be some kind of pattern.

Strange question maybe, but do you have a lot of downloads on the tamagotchi?

I know that some phones tend to glitch and freeze when the memory is very full, it could maybe be the same with tamagotchis? Well I don't know really... :D

Have you tried a camera bag with a belt loop? Then its on your side on your belt. Not in a bag or moving around. I use that for my larger tamas, usually with a fleece/felt shell cover. I am not sure if it will protect it more then what you have been doing though.

As Ichiro suggested, are you in a spot where weather can effect it? (cold or heat? In extremes on some days?) What about a high electrical reading? (Tend to be found in older homes, copper areas possibly too) The tama could be picking up some of the extra charge comming off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back