Sign in to follow this  
KeroPyontchi

Name Glitch on v4?

Alright. So those who read my log know that I have a v4 Minotchi named Flame. It's a normal Tamagotchi overall, the Skittle shell design. One thing though: it changes it's name by itself!!! So one time I checked Flame's stats, and it said Dame. Then, another time, Blame. It just switches back and forth to Dame, then Blame, then Flame. You can imagine my confusion. I did buy it used from eBay, but I have also heard v4's are super glitchy in general, but... help!!!

-Kero :huh:

Sometimes the Name thing kinda gets a little too glitchy, changing the name, or taking away the first letter. Since your pet's name is Flame, it might take away the "F" and change your pet's name to "Lame", which is a little insulting, thinking that the V4 is insulting your pet...joking aside, how many times did it do that? It never does that to me at all, however.

Edited by ChamametchiandMametchi

Yes, I recall it taking away the first letter as well. It was pretty alarming and funny at the same time. Anyways, it just changes randomly whenever. There isn't any pattern to it.

-Kero

That happens to V4s sometimes. The only thing you can do about it is maybe to press the reset button and select "download," and I'm not sure that works either.

A lot of these glitches happen when you don't reset it after pulling the tab from the Tamagotchi, not sure if that one is like that.

It's happened to my friend's Tamagotchi before, fairly normal but ALARMING!! :o

This can also happen when connecting Tamagotchis, the letters can change to other letters (and sometimes Japanese characters) in the friends list. I don't know what causes it to happen, maybe an incorrect infrared connection.

Double post, stupid computer. Ignore. >.<

Edited by Amat Gotchi

Thanks, Amat, but downloading does not help. I even took out the battery and put it back in. On the freinds list, Flame appears as Flame, but Kayla (my v3) appears as Kayl. Its pretty scary o.o What else can I do?

-Kero :o

Try connecting them again, out of sunlight or very cold weather. Unfortunately, though, this glitch might not be curable. :(

I always connect inside at room temparature. I think I'll just see if this glitch continues next gen. -_- Thanks for helping out though, I'm definatly less alarmed by this. After all, the v4 is known for being extra glitchy. ^_^

-Kero

Edit: Typo :P

Edited by KeroPyontchi

My sister had the same thing happen to her v4.5. The name changed, like yours did (i don't remember the name her's had)

I think her tamagotchi might've been dropped or hit on something really hard by accident. It went back to normal when she reset it though, but I don't think you'd want to reset it. Have you ever dropped your v4 before? I think that might be the cause :)

Yeah, this happened to my old V4.5 I dont own anymore, glitches like these happen if something inside of the Tamagotchi messes up, mostly caused by being dropped, causing something to move around and occasionally fall back into place. This does not affect gameplay other than the names letter(s), but your Tamagotchi will be fine other than the name.

This topic also has information on what happened. http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/148515-name-glitch/

Your tama is most likely trying to tell you something.

Speak to him in a soothing voice, and tickle him lightly at the base of the ball antennae. Most v4's like that and it might make him less shy and ready to speak. Ask him politely and in a clear voice what he's got to say. It might be important.

*TAMA-INVAD-EARTH-MUST-WARN-MY-LORD*

:wacko: :wacko:

... I'm tired, okay?

Anyways I've never known the v4 as a "generally glitchy" version, but I think it's one of the differences between american and european ones maybe? None of my four v4's has ever glitched the slightest, and I got the first one in 2007...

Funny glitch anyway.

• Like 3

Yup. It's the strangest glitch in the world. It sometimes happens to my V4's and V4.5's.

its an odd programming error found in v4, and 4.5 tamas, you can't do anything else but live with it really

Yes, you are all right. The v4 is naturally a glitchy Tama. I've never dropped it, but I bought it used so... Yeah. Thanks for helping out ^_^