Danii's Tamagotchi Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniinthetardis

Reaction score
Greetings, all of you out there in cyberspace.

My name is Danii and I've had Tamagotchis since 2004, with a considerable hiatus between then and now.

I absolutely couldn't resist starting up my little friend in a shell when I found my best friend's old V1 while I was packing.

Life is going crazy, with my two jobs and university on the horizon (I was accepted today) but I'd like to start this as a little side project and a nice way to document some pretty cute virtual lives.

So, I hope you'll read along with me and feel free to contact me.

So, as I mentioned, I'm currently running a version one - a Gen. 2 Memetchi named Finn (my boyfriend was upset by the discontinuity of not naming him Frodo, as my Gen. 1 Masktchi was christened Bilbo).

Sometimes, when the cafe is quiet, I'll take a peek at Finn and usually find him being interesting. I love the little animations on the V1.

I'll post some photos, when I figure out how.

Until then,

I bid you farewell.

Just a quick snippet to let you know I've cracked the code on how to post photos and since I have a couple of days off work, I'm running my rainbow-shell V4.

fdsup1.jpg

Finn coming up to say hello with a cheeky wink.

Goodmorning!

The matchmaker came for my Androtchi ('Ham' - I can't remember why I chose that as a name...) at 10:30 with a lovely Pukatchi.

24msxsh.jpg

They had a pretty little baby girl.

I'm going out for lunch today so I'll take Finn with me and I've fiddled with the time on the V4 so Ham and Shirotsubutchi are fast asleep.

I will probably see if I can manipulate the times tonight/tomorrow to begin raising my Shirotsubutchi as soon as possible, since I 'downloaded' Ham from the last time I ran my V4 over a year ago and I'm painfully aware that my days off won't last long so I'd like to make a little progress. I'm excited to raise her, as I don't remember most of the V4 features.

Finn seems content, so I'll leave you with some photos I took of him while I was at work over the last couple of days.

1042g7l.jpg
162vwk.jpg
21plyg.jpg

Till next time!

I'm back online with much to log!

Connection V1

The matchmaker came to visit Finn on Saturday morning and a lovely little Babytchi was brought to Earth. I named the little girl Clara, after the most recent companion in Doctor Who. I didn't take many pictures of her, as I was raising her on my lunch break at work. One of my co-workers saw her, knew what a Tamagotchi was and thought it was adorable. I love a good, positive reaction. I had to put her clock on standby to finish my shift and she later evolved into Marutchi. I took her to my other job with me today and, as I have more opportunity to check on her - I was able to care for her quite successfully. She's asleep at the moment, but I caught her rolling about on her head a few times today. I'm worried that I will keep missing her calls for attention, but there's little I can do - work is work. She's fast asleep now - we had a long day. Below is a photo of Finn and Clara, as well as her sad little face when she woke up without him. Look at those tiny pixelated tears...

35iyovs.jpg
2eqgt3s.jpg

Connection V4

I was able to manipulate the timing slightly, in order to raise my Shirotsubutchi (named Woolf, after a favourite author of mine, Virginia Woolf) on Saturday while I was on a day off. After the usual needy hour, a little nap and sickness - Woolf evolved into Mizutamatchi, one of my favourite toddlers on this version. Perhaps because it reminds me a bit of Ichigotchi with it's similar body shape. The preschool teacher visited her and brought her a little backpack...when she goes off to school, she learns to sing and dance. It's a very cute animation, especially when she gets all frustrated. Sadly, I've had to use the pause function (something I don't really like to do) the last couple of days, because of work. I unpaused her this afternoon to play with her a little before she goes to sleep at 8pm. Below are some photos of Woolf, pre- and post-evolution.

2dgkw2u.jpg
2na71jo.jpg
2rh90gp.jpg
i3vrmg.jpg

Apologies for not making my photos square, which is much tidier. It's been quite the day, I'm afraid.

Till next time! x

Connection V1

Clara woke up to greet me on Tuesday morning at work with her little Marutchi face, before evolving into Hinotamatchi and promptly falling back to sleep. I'm fairly sure that while this fireball is adorable, Hinotamatchi is considered the 'unhealthy' teen for the odd generation. I'm hardly surprised, what with all the calls for attention I've missed, although I did catch one about an hour ago. Nonetheless...here she is!

9swlqq.jpg

Connection V4

I unpaused Woolf when I came home from work today, only to look back at her to see Young Memetchi. I really like Young Memetchi and am quite sure she's considered a 'good care' character. One neat feauture on the V4 is the animation caused by pressing the C button while nothing is highlighted. She walks up to the screen, makes her 'squee' face, and retreats. I've included a photo of it in today's log. Tonight, the mailman came with a [!] and she was sadly called to leave her preschool teacher. However, very soon along came another [!] and an offer for school (I took a picture of her consulting with her teacher). She won the pencil, which I believe is intelligence, and takes a little graduation cap when she goes off to school.

fxb7r.jpg
2mfhg8h.jpg
29z68wk.jpg

Feeling a bit guilty because Woolf has just fallen asleep with one each of her happy/hungry hearts empty.

I'm not sure if waking her (by fiddling with the time) is any better though.

Dear Clara is still awake, bobbing around with her flaming attitude ;)

First of all, thanks to Moussette for liking one of my posts in here, it's comforting to know I've got someone reading along!

Connection V1

After a few days of coming to work with me, Clara evolved into Masktchi. I felt pretty guilty about that, knowing that Masktchi is 'bad care' character. I really wanted better for Clara, but I don't know what I really expected, what with all the calls for attention I missed while working. I don't dislike Masktchi, but the negative connotations are a bit upsetting. Hopefully, I'll do better with the next generation. Below are some photos I've taken of Clara closing-up to the screen and playing the eating competition game with Woolf.

eg6fm.jpg
11bu13k.jpg
6ehr4i.jpg

Connection V4

As you can see from the above picture, Woolf evolved into Memetchi a day after Clara (since I'd had her paused while I worked). I started taking Woolf to work with me instead of Clara, as the 'good care' characters are much less needy. Yesterday, she received a [!] in the mail and popped off for some job interviews. You can hardly imagine how guilty I felt when she was declined for every single one! I settled down for a night of playing games to increase her skill points and soon enough she received another [!]. She's now a hairdresser and I've included a picture of her washing Mametchi's hair (fur?), though it kind of looks like she's chewing on his head. As I have been typing, she received her fortune in the mail and it displayed three stars for 'love'. Perhaps the matchmaker will come today... I've also included a photo of Woolf playing with the makeup. She stands in front of the mirror and eventually disappears and starts to pop her head up on the screen, I caught a glimpse of mascara-laden eyes before she coyly ducked down again. The third photograph is of her opening the genie lamp item, which brought her a thunder cloud and emptied her happy hearts.

1zdn4o1.jpg
nf1jpj.jpg
207qqu8.jpg

As a sidenote, I always seem to have adults on my days off work, so at the time I could care for a baby/toddler/teen with some proper attention...they don't need me.

Till next time!

Connection V1

The matchmaker brought a Masktchi on Tuesday morning for Woolf, a sweet little matching pair! They had a boy babytchi, who I have named Beemo (from Adventure Time, yes). I had a morning shift at work today, so I accelerated the time to 11.59pm to see the leaving sequence (since it always happens without our knowledge during the night). Clara stood and watched over her baby for five minutes before floating off the screen, looking decidedly sombre. Beemo grew into Marutchi, despite my perfect care in the babytchi stage - I have now learned that to get Kinakamotchi, the parent/s must have had full training (which Clara did not...). Pictures below :3

2hcgcuu.jpg
mcdxxj.jpg
x1bk77.jpg
14n2p7m.jpg

Connection V4

Woolf spent a couple of days keeping me company at work before the matchmaker came to her this morning, bringing a handsome Tosakatchi. I took some photos of the mating sequence on the connection tamagotchis, although you're all probably familiar with it. I'll be using Woolf's little Tsubutchi for a group hatch and raising him to Ojitchi to see how long I can keep him alive. I'm quite excited!

3339y76.jpg
64jp1y.jpg
10sb02c.jpg
20a2ej7.jpg

Bonus pic (because I appreciate you):

351d2sp.jpg

Beemo being cute and rolling about aimlessly.

Till next time!

Hello hello,

Just a quick update and sadly no photos to share today.

Connection V1

Beemo evolved into Oniontchi this morning, as expected. On the V1, there are only two options for each variation of generation (odd/even). Since the other option was Young Mimitchi (who can only come from Kinakamotchi) ... it had to be Oniontchi. I'm not overly fond of Oniontchi as a character, but I'm quite determined for Beemo to become Mimitchi. I've been 'pausing' or putting Beemo to sleep while I work so that I don't miss any calls for attention or let the hearts drop more than one each.

Connection V4

Woolf and her Tsubutchi are still hanging around, keeping me company at work. I have been using the pause function at night so that Woolf doesn't leave just yet because, as I mentioned, I'll be using the Tsubutchi for a group hatch on Sunday. I've decided to call him Wilf because it is both similar to Woolf and the name of a dear, dear old man from Doctor Who (which seems appropriate, as I'll be raising him to Ojitchi.

Ta ta for now!

Breaking news here - my Morino and clover leaf V3 came in the mail today!

Morino

After hunting for some LR44 batteries, I started it up with quite a bit of anticipation. I selected the white egg, which allows the varied growth, rather than following a particular line of evolution. I don't think the Morino displays whether the character is a boy or a girl but I have decided to call him Beedle. This is my first vintage so I am very excited about it and pleased to find the Morino in perfect condition. Beedle is still a Babymotchi, even though I hatched him at 11am and it is now almost 8pm. I had expected the usual needy hour, however I've found this tamagotchi to be very low maintenance. Except for that one time I missed an attack and found Beedle all bandaged up with a walking stick. I treated him immediately, of course. I'm not sure how I feel about the screensaver yet... He fell asleep at 8pm - the attention tune is very long, it seems continuous.

ic32fr.jpg
25gxdo8.jpg
2jfkj9l.jpg

Connection V1

After a couple of days where I was at work and had to effectively stop time for Beemo to try and ensure perfect care, he evolved into an adult today! I had been aiming for Mimitchi and trying very hard to give perfect care, but he became Memetchi. While I like Memetchi, I am getting a little tired of the character at the moment. I don't have any new photos of Beemo just yet.

Connection V4

As I mentioned in my last post, Wilf is participating in the 'Long-Lived Oldies' hatch. I will be doing most of my logging and progress/thoughts in that thread while keeping my posts here a little shorter. So, if you're interested, check out the hatch. :3 Wilf has so far evolved from Tsubutchi to Puchitchi and is currently Young Androtchi. I'm aiming for Mametchi, so am keeping the intelligence skill points high and hoping I can keep the level of care good enough to avoid a universal character...I've been taking him to work everyday with me so I'm looking forward to having him around for quite a long time.

2qizgiw.jpg
wko869.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Morino

Beedle evolved into Imotchi today around midday - he's so cute! I love watching him wriggle about on the screen. He has a new food option - icecream. However, I've noticed this is now what looks like sparkles? If anyone knows what this means, please let me know! I felt very guilty today when I checked on him at work...on two occasions the predator had attacked him and I had not saved him. Not much more to say really, except I'm really enjoying discovering this vintage.

Connection V1

I had to set Beemo's time to sleep today while I was working, but he's doing well. Not much to update for him at the moment either.

Connection V4

I was very excited to see that Wilf evolved into Mametchi today! Suddenly filled with inspiration, I spent quite a bit of my down time after work playing games to increase the skill points to a total of 450, at least 350 of these in the Intelligence category in order to get...Tensaitchi! This is my first 'special' character and I was pleased to see my efforts to get Mametchi and then Tensaitchi paid off. Wilf will be around as Tensaitchi for quite a while now, until he becomes Ojitchi and we begin the long stretch to see how long I can keep him alive in the 'Oldie' stage.

214rsio.jpg
35n90k0.jpg

Edit: Added photos.

Till next time! x

Heading for bed and have turned on the sound on my Morino...just in case I oversleep. I won't let the predators get him again! This way, I should hear Beedle in time.

To start with, thankyou to Izzyd07 and mimitchi ^o^ for reading along and liking some posts in here :3

I have exciting news as well! My clover-shell Keitai came in the mail, so I've been running it and am adding her to this log.

I'm running four Tamagotchis at the moment, which is realistically too many for my lifestyle. So, sadly I do have to 'pause' or have them sleep much more often than I'd like to. Lately, when I'm too busy for all four but can still manage a bit of tama-love I usually keep my V4 (he's part of a hatch) and/or my Morino with me.

So, these are their stories:

Keitai

So, I started up my Keitai with much anticipation, noticing a star-patterned egg before hatching a baby girl (Shiropuchitchi), who I called Akemi ("bright and beautiful"). There are some cute features on the Keitai, including a 'C' button animation (in the baby stage, she jumps into one of the jars from the music note game, wriggles around and jumps back out) and in clock mode, the hearts (or seconds) are eaten by a tiny Puchitchi. Like some other Japanese Tamagotchis, she always remains on the bottom of the screen. After the usual hour, Akemi evolved into Hitodetchi and then Ringotchi. I had missed Ringotchi, the cheeky little apple.

2gy8v42.jpg
29ep1sw.jpg
2md1n4g.jpg
nsvp5.jpg

Connection V1

The matchmaker came to Beemo this evening, and he married a Gozarutchi. He now has a sweet little girl babytchi beside him, who may feature in the Shrove Tuesday hatch, which I encourage you to join. Below is a photo of Beemo brushing his teeth, which reminds me of the episode of Adventure Time in which Beemo pretends to be human by 'brushing his teeth' and 'going to the toilet', subsequently weirding out the onlooking Finn and Jake.

1g4t50.jpg

Connection V4

Wilf is now 7 years old and received two visits from the matchmaker today, which he politely declined. He has a job as a doctor now and takes a medical bag off to work, where he plays a game similar to 'Get' on the V3 (replace music notes and poop with hearts and skulls). I've said this before, but I like the idea of keeping him around for as long as possible. I have a photo of him brushing his teeth as well, because it shows off his swirly glasses.

n9hs0.jpg

Morino

Beedle is doing quite well, despite my lack of care this morning, due to sleeping in. I felt awful when I woke up to find a bandaged up Imotchi with empty meters! I have scared away quite a few predators, however when the sound is off it's almost impossible... I have work tomorrow so Beedle will be coming along with me. I wonder when he will reach coccoon stage...

11ghoas.jpg

Till next time!

As always, feel free to contact me to let me know how I could make this log better or just to say hi.

Quick update: Beedle went into his coccoon around midday today so I've been trying to keep the temperature even. I'm not sure how long the cocoon stage lasts. Stay tuned!

Hello there,

No new photos today, but some updates nonetheless.

Morino

So, after about 24 hours in the coccoon...Beedle emerged as Funkorogotchi. I know this is the worst care character, but it's still my first adult on the Morino, so I'm not really disappointed. It's amusing that because he is the 'dung beetle', he now has a food option which is undeniably poop.

Connection V1

I came home from work today to see a little female Babytchi crying on my bedside table. I quickly scooped her up to take care of her, naming her Cake (Jake's gender-bender episode replacement on Adventure Time and also appropriate as she is part of the Pancake Day Hatch). She's still in Babytchi stage and going strong. I'm hoping for Kinakamotchi!

Connection V4

Nothing new for Wilf, though I am expecting him to become Ojitchi in the next day or two. He is now 9 years old.

Keitai

Akemi evolved into Memetchi this afternoon. What is my deal with getting Memetchi all the time? I do enjoy her 'C' button animations though. In fact, she was blowing kisses which were love hearts. I wonder if this is because of Valentine's Day? (Her clock is currently one calendar day ahead).

Till next time! x

Okay, so it's been a couple of months...

My most fervent apologies! It's been hard to run a Tamagotchi, let alone keep a log at this stage for me.

I'm incredibly busy working two jobs, studying full time and trying to squeeze in some human (and horse - I've started riding again!) interaction on my days off.

But I'm here now, if you'll all forgive me.

At the moment, I'm only running my V4, but I'll give updates on how the others went, as I kept running them for a time after I stopped logging.

Sadly, I can't get TinyPic to play nice with me this morning, so if you would like - I'll make a photo post later on.

Morino

After a few uneventful days as Funkorogotchi, I was sad to say goodbye to Beedle, my first forest Tamagotchi. His death was very unexpected - I peeked into my bag on the bus to University, only to see the little cross and a hovering bug-angel. I can't quite remember how old he was - perhaps 12 or 13. I took the batteries out of my Morino but may run it again soon.

Connection V1

Cake evolved into Marutchi, Hinotamatchi and then Kuchipatchi! I was so excited to see Kuchipatchi. I'll admit to you guys that I favoured her a bit in this stage...

After a few days with me, the matchmaker came and she had a pretty baby girl, at which point I stopped running my V1.

Keitai

Akemi also had a baby girl, which was again when I tabbed up my Keitai - I was running way too many Tamagotchis!

Connection V4

So now we come to the Tamagotchi I am still running...my 32 year old Ojitchi, Wilf. He's fallen prey to some poor care when attending University with me, often becoming sick or unhappy. I'm not proud of this and very glad he's still with me! I love this little guy and look forward to seeing how long I can keep him here on Earth with me. As I peek over, he's just received some mail. Shall we take a look? A poop! How rude. Wilf gave a disapproving old-man look and promptly dropped 3 happy hearts.

Till next time! (And I promise it won't be so long...) x

It's photo-post time!

4ijxqd.jpg
351tls9.jpg
34o7j1v.jpg

My Morino, Beedle

Photo 1: Cuddling in his leaf blanket.

Photo 2: Blooping about his forest screen.

Photo 3: At the end of his time with us.

2vsn33n.jpg
2ur9ls8.jpg
6p2er6.jpg
34y1snq.jpg

My P1, Xanther

Photo 1: Taken out of the package for the first time!

Photo 2: Token bouncing egg photo

Photo 3: Xanther as a cute little Kuchitamatchi

Photo 4: End of his time on earth, at 14 years old.

My Keitai, Akemi

21b6t76.jpg

Photo: Akemi with her baby girl

My v1, Cake

f1h3is.jpg
8wcyh0.jpg

Photo 1: Singing in her teen stage, Hinotamatchi

Photo 2: Cleaning her Kuchipatchi teeth (not that I've ever seen them!)

My v4, Wilf

sdjjhy.jpg

Photo: Sweet oldie, 39 years old today and my currently running tamagotchi.

Just a small but very sad update today...Wilf is no longer with us.

I had been so stressed over going to work, since I've been having some difficulties with my job, that I left him on the coffee table.

When I came home, I hoped to find he had pulled through, like he has done so many times before...but not tonight.

He was 40 years old when he died, and the longest I have ever kept one Tamagotchi.

I'll be starting up one of my vintages in a few days for a hatch, so I'll be with you then.

Till next time x

Hello there, to those of you still with me.

I started up my very first Angelgotch (a pink one I bought from OldSchoolTama) a few days ago! I named my little winged Obaketchi 2 'Castiel', who soon evolved into Kodoten and then Genjirotenshi. There has only been a day between evolutions, but Castiel won't change any more, because no secret characters come from Genjirotenshi. I finally saw him go for a walk today, though I soon called him back. I also managed to catch a praise opportunity, which was very pleasing. I really love this vintage.

I also started running my V3 to rejoin the Long Lived Oldies hatch. She is named Panda after Pandora from Skins and is currently an Obotchi. I hope to have her a long time :)

Things are still pretty crazy for me - but I have a new job! I'll try to keep up.

Till next time x

Latest posts

Back