Does anyone on here purchase from Yahoo JP?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asia*

Reaction score
I am very tempted to buy a few things from YJP BUT 95% of the sellers say they generally only ship within Japan or near Japan. However, I know a lot of TamaTalk/TamaZone members buy from YJP and I was curious as to how one goes about that. The Japanese Tama's intrigue me and I'd like to have more of them in my collection. I'm sure shipping is a decent amount - do you have to contact the seller by translating into Japanese? Thanks!

oUUse something like Rinkya. They're located in Japan, and forward the mail to you. It will ost you more money tho.

Thanks , I'm aware of those kinds of services but it would cost me around $30 extra to use something like that.
imageproxy.php

I was just wondering if there was an easier or more cost-effective way.

Things on Yahoo Japan look mighty fine, don't they? :D

I would not recommend Rinkya. From what I'm hearing, not only do they have fees upon fees that pile up, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I think, when dealing with Yahoo Japan, that there's no way around having to use some sort of third-party service (unless you have a friend who lives there who can help you out). It's just a matter of which one to use. Also, doing your research would help you out here. Don't trust website testimonials. Anyway, there's another site, Celga. I think it's similar to Rinkya but there have generally been more positive reviews.

If you'd rather not deal with sites like that, you could try poking around Ebay. Have a favorite seller from Japan that you usually buy from? Shoot them a message saying you're interested in purchasing something from YJP and that you'd like their assistance. I've done this before and most are more than happy to help out. Again, you can't get around some sort of fee being charged. Most will want to charge PayPal currency exchange fees, commission, and things like that, in addition to the shipping charges to their place, then to your place. Also, might take a lot of planning and communication, as well as making sure you have enough time before the bid runs out, etc. because of time difference. Whatever you do, don't hesitate to ask questions and get all the information you need for peace of mind. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OldSchoolTama,

they sure do! And the prices... oohhhh. :D

I read up on Rinkya and some other similar services, and when the fees are calculated together (something that they do NOT show entirely) the total is absurd.

Thanks so much for your help! Essentially, that's what I was thinking had to be done and just had some wishful thinking. :p I guess there are some lucky TamaZoners that have their way of doing that!

I'll stick to eBay from now, but I love your suggestion on asking for assistance from one of the sellers. I might just try that someday! Thanks again - super helpful!

Most of my tamas were bought from YJ.

As for which provide better service, i would say they are similar.

Highest price you want to bid > shipping fee to proxy > commission > handling fee + shipping to you > paypal or credit card fee

Just a note though, if you're interested to older/vintage tamagotchi you go to YJ if the recent one better buy from hobby shop in japan that ship internationally.

Yahoo JP always has good items for sale but honestly, from what I have heard and seen around the form, it's just not worth the hassle. You have to find someone that will receive the item to their address and then ship it to you. So for example - say you bought a item for £60 and it was shipped to me, I would charge £30 for receiving the item and then send it to you, so you are paying a lot of money for the item. It's just not worth it.

Personally I would look around eBay UK, US and other Eurasian countries eBay and see if you could find the item that you are looking for, if you can't find it then look around TamaTalk and see if any members are selling the item. As a very last resort, then purchase the item from YJP, but I just don't think it is worth paying the extra money to receive the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back