Can tamagotchis die of old age?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzyd07

Reaction score
If you took really good care of a tamagotchi v3 would it eventually die of old age after it had been an old timer for a while? Or would it just stay alive forever?

It will eventually die of old age. That's what happened to my first ever tamagotchi. :(

So even if you keep its happiness and hunger levels full it'll still die?

Well, they die of old age if you don't take care of it or when you want it to die at 6 or 8 years old. When you do take care of it, it will live on and on. Maybe for about 45 Tama-Years or so! Believe me, I had a Tama that lived at 8 years of age. I had to make it get married to have another Tama, so...

145 tama years ? Okey challenge accepted. When i receive my new v4.5 i'll try to beat that score !

145 tama years ? Okey challenge accepted. When i receive my new v4.5 i'll try to beat that score !
That's funny - I was just thinking I should start up a V3 and try to get to 145 or beyond. My best was... 36 I think? Maybe a group hatch with the intention of keeping them alive as long as possible is in order. I don't know how well that'd work though. Could get a little boring, but we'd have a goal to work toward so.. maybe not? Not sure if it's a good idea.

Well, I don't know for sure if it applies on the v3, but on the p1 and p2, the Tamagotchi loses hearts faster and faster until it emties every few seconds, making it IMPOSSIBLE to care for. Hope this helps :)

-Kero

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know for sure if it applies on the v3, but on the p1 and p2, the Tamagotchi loses hearts faster and faster until it emties every few seconds, making it IMPOSSIBLE to care for. Hope this helps :)

-Kero

I do recall having to care for the oldies more often than regular adults on the V3, but it wasn't that profound. Keeping my Angel alive for 19 days was insanely hard, in comparison.

In that case I'll try and keep my v3 alive for as long as possible when it comes in the mail as I've just ordered one off ebay (with exactly the same shell design as I had when the v3 first came out!) :)

-Kero
From the Connection-series onward, that doesn't apply. The amount of care required is set only by growth stage, not by age. Smoothing out the care requirements into a curve, it would look similar to those below.

CareChart.png

From the Connection-series onward, that doesn't apply. The amount of care required is set only by growth stage, not by age. Smoothing out the care requirements into a curve, it would look similar to those below.

CareChart.png
Thank you Binary for the info ! ^^

That's funny - I was just thinking I should start up a V3 and try to get to 145 or beyond. My best was... 36 I think? Maybe a group hatch with the intention of keeping them alive as long as possible is in order. I don't know how well that'd work though. Could get a little boring, but we'd have a goal to work toward so.. maybe not? Not sure if it's a good idea.
Thats a great idea ! We could post like every week or just when we want, just to say "hey look ! he is still alive ! " xD

No seriously, I think that's a great challenge, and if some other people join... that would be awesome.

Really nice idea there JLou :)

Thats a great idea ! We could post like every week or just when we want, just to say "hey look ! he is still alive ! " xD

No seriously, I think that's a great challenge, and if some other people join... that would be awesome.

Really nice idea there JLou :)
Awesome! I will set something up in the Hatch area and see if there's more interest. So, which versions would this work on? V3, V4, V4.5... Would it work on others beyond that? It's been so long since I played with my 5, I can't remember if there were oldies on it! And I've never played with a Music Star. Also never let my Tama-Go grow old, so I don't know if there are oldies on that either.

Awesome! I will set something up in the Hatch area and see if there's more interest. So, which versions would this work on? V3, V4, V4.5... Would it work on others beyond that? It's been so long since I played with my 5, I can't remember if there were oldies on it! And I've never played with a Music Star. Also never let my Tama-Go grow old, so I don't know if there are oldies on that either.
Haha ! I'm glad i'm not the only one who's all excited about this !

I'll join with a 4.5 that's for sure. I think any connection would do (from v1 to v7 tama-go), since the vintage tamas can't really grow that old.

What do you think ?

Does the age counter go up past 99 though? If so, how do you keep tabs? Tic marks?

Does the age counter go up past 99 though? If so, how do you keep tabs? Tic marks?
As far as I know, it doesn't. I figured that at age 99 I would make a note of the date and figure out age later on based on that. A camera with a date feature would confirm age, but I'm not going to be so scientific about it, I guess :D

Haha ! I'm glad i'm not the only one who's all excited about this !

I'll join with a 4.5 that's for sure. I think any connection would do (from v1 to v7 tama-go), since the vintage tamas can't really grow that old.

What do you think ?
That sounds good to me -- unless anyone tells us otherwise. The only version I have real experience with Oldies on is the V3, so that's why I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back