Sign in to follow this  
PiIsARational

Tama P1/P2 Battery Backs

Hey everyone...

From what I've found out so far, all the P1/P2 backs have different placements for the screw holes. So they're not interchangeable unless you're willing to drill some holes.

Thought someone else out there might want this information if you took apart your tamas a few years ago and lost the backs like I did. :S

My P2's blacks are swappable. I find it strange why Bandai would have made it different for each Tamagotchi they released, they were made by a machine and that machine would haw drilled holes into it but in the same place for each of them. I'm sure it would have costed them more money to produce if they were 'unique' for each one they made.

Yeah P2s and P1s are interchangeable between their own versions.

I also noticed P1s screens are slightly different in how it's drawn (not the backgrounds obviously). I can't really explain it but the contrast isn't consistent between all pixels and all P1s I own seem to have this effect.

It's quite possible there was a few bug changes and stuff done to the custom IC, but since they haven't been decapsulated and logged yet it's hard to say for sure.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By RxBunnyz
      For the past month or so I've been running 3 different original tamagotchi (P1 and P2) trying to get a secret character, which is something I've never succeeded at before.
      Many people have said to simply get Maskutchi/Zuccitchi and then take perfect care from there.
      Others have suggested these different variables:
      - Discipline 100%, but take average care
      - Discipline 100%, with one or two care misses
      - Discipline 0%, take average care, but no care misses
      - Discipline 75%
      - Keep a low weight
      - Keep a maximum weight
      - Feed no snacks vs feeding snacks
      Etc.
      But I'm starting to wonder if there are more requirements to getting a secret character... Do you need to take certain care when they are a baby? Does the care of their entire life cycle matter?
      I would appreciate advice or input of any kind!
      Has anyone successfully got a secret character by way of taking certain care at other stages? Does babytchi care matter?

• By 98mametchi98
      Hey I have just bought a Tamagotchi Gen1 in a good condition. Yesterday, when I start it, I saw a Box around the egg. I took apart the Tamagotchi and cleaning up the contacts from the screen. And last but not least: Its the same result.
      In this Video, you can see my Problem. (10:55)
      How can I fix it?
      Mametchi98
    • By 98mametchi98
      I would be interested to know which Tamagotchi her qualitatively and quantitatively better. The old from 1997 or the rerelease of 2018?
    • By Birbplant
      Hi! New here (I might make an introduction post later).
      I've been trying to ID an old Virtual pet and thought someone here might be able to shed some light.

When I was a kid I was given a Dinosaur virtual pet. I remember the shell being red. I seem to remember it being chunky like a dinky dino, only when I looked into info in the Dinkie Dino it seems like it wasn't the same. I remember my dino would change into different things depending on how you cared for it, like a Pteranodon or a Sauropod (whose sprite was so big you could only see its neck and head) and I don't think Dinkie Dino has those kinds of evolutions so I wonder if maybe I had something different? It would be interesting to know if other people had this vpet.
    • By Kittun
      So I found this Morinaga P1 and I can't really find any information about it.

I've only found some stuff about the white Morinaga P1, mostly from some posts made here in like 2006.

I even tried doing reverse image searches with pictures of it and I haven't been able to find anything.

So has anyone seen one of these before?