Japanese tamagotchi: Any problems to get used to it ?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreja

Reaction score
Hello,

For some years I've been using Tamagotchi Falimitchi.

Now I would like to have a colour one.

As the English version of ID L is very difficult to find, the only option for me is buying a Japanese one.

So I would like to know, how difficult is to get used to it for an English speaker who does not now anything about Japanese ?

Thanks

Andrej

I'd get a P's now, not an iD L. As it is your first colour tama it may take a while getting used to all the extra features, which of course will all be in Japanese.

It's not too hard. I have a Japanese ID-L and a P's and all I can read in Japanese is my own name.

For me, to get used to them I used guides on both this site and TamaZone. Both are extreamly helpful.

Also trial and error

but once you get the hang of where everything is, it becomes easy.

I was very nervous about buying a Japanese one bc I only speak English too.. but I went for it and it's actually pretty easy to navigate & understand. The only thing you won't be able to understand is some of the conversations your tama has with another tama like at the park and such. I'm very happy with my id l & glad I purchased it! You can buy an id l from amazon.com for $58-90. I bought the pink one & paid $59 and free shipping. If you get confused on anything, just Google or look up some info on here, its helped me a lot.

Thanks for the answers :)

As it seems English ID L is very hard to find, so I'll have to go for a Japanese one.

I'm happy that it is not hard to understand, and I'll take the learing as an interesting challenge :)

Andrej

It's a good thing that Bandai still managed to retain its native three-button interface, navigating around is pretty much easy despite the language barrier.

Enjoy your Japanese iD L! If you get stuck on something because of the Japanese language, you can always ask around. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back