Help For Getting Another Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlepup3

Reaction score
My parents have never liked Tamagotchis. (Especielly my Mom.) When I first found out about them and all of the adverts were on TV, I asked my parents if I could have 1. My Dad did not mind that much but my Mom has had a bad experience with my older sisters last 1 in the past. (Bacicly it got stuck behind the sofa and kept on beeping for ages.) She said that she did not want to be the 1 to look after it when I am at school and we are not suppost to take them into school anyway. (We are allowed to take virtual pets in, but just not the ones that beep/bark or just make any sort of noise when they want attencion.) I asked if I could have 1 for my birthday and she said no. Fast forward about 5-6 years and the new TamaGo came out. I asked again and she said maby (meaning no). If anyone asked what I wanted for my birthday (as people do) I said a tamagotchi (Prefably the TamaGo). When my birthday came I opaned up some of my presents but no Tamagotchi. I was sad but then we was waiting for our family to come because that they always do around my birthday. I opend some from my family and my big brother got me a TamaGo! I was so happy! I went online with it and everything. But then as most of you probly know the TamaGo website stopped working and now only works on the older versions. I was thinking about geting an older 1 to play online with it before the website (might!) stop working alltogether. I asked my Mom and she said no because that I already have 1 and would not be able to look after any more. I said that I would buy it with my own money but she still said no. I dont think that my Dad minds me getting 1 but he wouldent because that my Mom doesnt want another 1. My Mom said that she would probly get 1 for me for my birthday/christmas but there are a few reasons why I do not think that this is a good idea. 1. They dont know how to tell if it is a proper BanDai Tamagotchi and not a fake one. 2. They cant tell the difference between versions and dont know which ones connect to the internet. (which is the main reason that I want 1.) 3. It is too long to wait! (My birthday is in October.) *sigh* It is not that I dont look after them becuase I do. My TamaGo has never died yet! So here are my quetions to ask you guys.

1. Do you have more that 1 Tamagotchi?

2. Do you think that you do/would look after more than 1 good? In other words not let it die?

3. How to let my perents let me get another Tamagotchi?

If you have read this all the way through then you are amazing. Can you guys please help me out? Thanks!

Hi! I have 10 tamas but I usually only run one at a time. I think you should tell your mom that the point in having more than one tama is not to care for multiple tamas at a time, but its more to experience all that each version has to offer. You can tell her that you will only run 1 at a a time and that if the sound bugs her so much you will keep the sound off. And if school is an issue you can always keep is paused at home while you are gone or take it with you with the sound off

Good luck with getting your second tama!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with what's been said. You can turn the sound off and these newer ones has pause features. Shouldn't be any reason to cause alarm for missing out on school or having the beeping being annoying. Maybe try explaining that to her?

I have a total of 8 Tamas, mine and my little sisters combined, but I care for most of them. I take mine to school but stopped after everybody kept trying to look at it. If your mom wont let you take one to school, tell her you can keep it paused and the sound off at home. Try to persuade her to get you another or to let you get another. Just follow Brittygotchi's advice, you hopefully she'll let you get another :)

//T.A

Thanks everyone! I have just told her about the different versions and what they do and she said that she will talk about them after. I hope this works out OK!

I would mention that the V3 and V4 tamagotchis have the website still active which can be great fun. However, if they get took down they can still be looked after easily and the experience won't be totally destroyed.

If you ask for a V1 and V2, you could mention that they may go up in value in the future as collectors often scour the net for this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back