Tamagotchi ID L - constant freezing, must reset

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starchild

Reaction score
Today, I've had to reset my tamagotchi at least 5 times. The only correlation is that I seem to have come in or out of a building, and as it grown really cold since yesterday evening, I'm wondering if temperature is to be blamed. I receive the tamagotchi 3 days ago, used, from Japan via eBay. Maybe shipping damaged if? The first three days of my tamagotchi's life were fine, until he became an adult.

Does anyone have any insight? I'm really sad about this. I'm afraid that Its because he was used, despite being in almost pristine condition when I received him.

Thanks.

Yes, this may be because of the temperature.

Were the batteries included? Maybe the seller put old batteries into the Tamagotchi. Try changing the Batteries and pressing "Download".

Is it a P's? There have been quite a few people who have also reported this problem, probably due to weather conditions. I would try putting in a fresh pair of batteries if you haven't already. Make sure the contacts for the batteries are clear as well. That seemed to do the trick for others. Hope it works for you too. Good luck!

I didn't have any money to buy batteries, because it didn't come with any, so my boyfriend gave me some out of his graphing calculator. Could that be the issue? Not sure why it would crop up several days later.

How can I help ease the temperature problem?

Edit// it's an ID L. I'm going to buy a P'S in a few days, since I got paid, and as celebrations for confirming my study abroad in Japan for next semester. Is this going to be a recurring problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is any cure for temprature problems, but putting it in the window (near the sun) may help.

That may be the problem. Perhaps you could ask him when he put the batteries in his calculator. Or, if you recently put batteries into something, take them out and put them into your iD L. :)

Hm, I have my iD L-E with me all the time in all sorts of weather conditions, and I live in Canada so it's cold here. I've never encountered that problem at all. Hopefully it's just a battery problem.

I didn't have any money to buy batteries, because it didn't come with any, so my boyfriend gave me some out of his graphing calculator. Could that be the issue?
Apparently, yes. Used batteries may cause it to fluctuate; try using a fresh pair of batteries.

I think that is is either the battery's or the temperature changes. It is probably the temperature changes but change the battery's as well just in-case it is them. Hope you figure it out and get it mended soon!

I put in new batteries last night. It didn't freeze at all during the night, or this morning until during my second class. ):

Is there anything I can do to test if it's the temperature causing issues? I'm beginning to think it's broken... Poor guy has been 3 years old for the past two days now.

Today he only froze twice, and both were when I went outdoors. /:

Where is your seller located? There must of been a slight change in temperature. I also think that shipping damaged it, because of the heat in the package or the constant passing.

It came from Tokyo. Not sure what the weather is like there, but I live in Texas. When it first arrived, the weather was around 70 in the morning, 90 at midday. Currently, and when it started freezing, the weather is 30 in the morning, and 60 at midday. ): It hasn't frozen when I initially leave my apartment, but it always has by the time I've walked to my second or third class.

This really sucks. Now I'm afraid to buy a P's. Should I just wait until I go to Japan in September to buy one?

Maybe try contacting the seller to see if they have any tips for you?

I already did. They said that it was probably shipping, since they never had this problem.

Today, it has not frozen at all. I've stopped carrying it on a lanyard around my neck, and put it in the breast pocket of my shirt. I'll see if it is fine off of a belt loop tomorrow.

Your Tamagotchi might not be broken, but it is probably glitched. So it requires some special care. :3

Be careful not to drop it, and put it in a warm soft pouch when you go outside. Avoid too much heat or cold. Try not to bump the Tamagotchi around as well.

If you get a P's, it will most likely not have the same glitch. I am recommending that you buy a P's new and returnable. If it's glitched, you can return it that way, and you can be sure it's not just that someone dropped it.

Good luck!

Thank you. I will definitely not buy a used P in the future. ^^

So far, everything has been fine. I'll look into getting a thicker/warmer pouch for the IDL.

Thank you everyone, for all of your advice.

Remember - electronic devices in general may tend to misbehave a bit when exposed to extremes. This is not limited to Tamagotchi alone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Even in below zero extreme cold temperatures where I live, neither my iDL or P's have ever frozen.. and I've played with them while out snowshoeing in the cold! When the batteries get low, sometimes my iDL does freeze for a matter of seconds (no more than 30 seconds) but it always unfreezes by itself. I've never had to reset it.

I don't think it's the temprature because I live in the Philippines (usually it is very hot in here. Especially when it's summer!!!) -_- but still it works just fine!!! Even when I went to Snow Land (a theme park) the place is like a freezer. I didn't knew my tama was with me. But still it works just fine!! If there's something wrong with your tama, just ask the past owner with it. ;) Good luck though!! :D

He hasn't frozen since the day after I posted this thread, despite the fact I carries him on my landyard again. Currently on the generation 2 adult. I'm hoping the problem has cleared itself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back