Tamatown is down, v5 and v6 useless?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Franny Samba

Reaction score
Now, forgive me if this shouldn't be posted here. After all, it is my first post...

Anyway, I stopped playing with my tamagotchis about 3-4 years ago (I think). Now I recently fired up my v4 as I'm learning the controls all over again as I'm going to introduce them to my two cousins when I see them again. I chose the V4 as it is more similar to the V2 and V3, the ones I'm temporarily giving to my cousins.

It's going great. Memories are coming back and it can get emotional as they made a big part of my childhood. I can even remember where I got each one of my models from and who was there! I however decided to check the news and went onto the tamatown website. It's down! My heart melted. The V3 and V4 and fine thankfully, but the latter two were gone.

Now, I'm sure you're aware of this. However, I just wanted your opinions. I was shocked but also came to realise that my V6 would be nowhere near as good as it relied heavily on the music city section online. I hadn't been on this for years but I was one of the first to visit it. Does anyone else think the V5 and V6 will be totally different now? I'm devastated, mainly because I only used the V6 for a short time before finishing using them all. I just wanted to see what you think?

Personally I believe that the V6 will be heavily affected and tamatown may never come back. Probably as it cost more to maintain than the others. I was shocked about the V5 familitchi website being down though as it was very similar to the first two.

I really, really hope the V3 and V4 website are never took down. I can see it happening though if Bandai decide to announce a new tamagotchi model... Thoughts?

Sorry if the post is not organised, I've been feeling ill lately and my mind is messed up

Sadly the V3 and V4 websites are soon going to be taken down too. It sucks but like you say, it costs more than it is worth Bandai to keep them open :(

How do you know they're going to be took down?

That'll be really bad... Thank God I got my V4 out while its still active I want to see it before its gone forever.

Do you know when they'll be deactivated?

Somebody emailed Bandai I think and were told they would be taken down in a few months time. I suppose it was only a matter of time as the american servers have been down for ages.

Thats really upsetting. Tamagotchi town was a major part of the newer versions.

However, it would be good if Bandai brought out an offline version on the smartphone market. It wouldn't cost to maintain and it could be used for advertising. I would get this immediately, my V4 would be lonely without tamatown :(

Who knows what Bandai will do but unfortunately they seem to have lost interest in the connection versions with their launch of the new LIFE app so I really doubt that tamatown will be brought back in any form :( .

What a shame, I'm sure they'd make some money from an app or something. It all depends if it'll be worth it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back