am i the only guy who loves tamagotchi? D:

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyvectrex

Reaction score
sort of a random topic i wanted to talk about. also, this is my first topic on tamatalk, and my second post :) always, i recently though about how i missed my v3 zebra tamagotchi. it seems like when i look up videos about tamagotchi on youtube, its almost always a girl doing the video (and if its a guy, he is usually under 10 years old, or at least it sounds like it...) and for a while i just thought it was coincidence. but when i looked at the commercials for tamagotchi, it looks like it is marketed twords girls! im not the type of person who cares about my looks and what other people think of me, but seriously, do any guys OLDER than 14 (which is my age) like tamagotchi?

I'm a 15 yr old boy and I've started playing with them again! I think the fact most girls have them lies mainly on the fact they are often advertised in girl sections of magazines and stuff. I believe they are unisex though, a lot of the tamagotchi designs are for men.

There are guys on tamatalk about 20 about 20 years of age or older. Tamatalk only accounts for some of the vast majority of tamagotchi owners, so there will be many males out there still using them!

I'm 25.

But I'm the most feminine person alive who identifies as male so I probably don't count?

Well, I'm 14 and I love tamagotchis. My friends don't find it weird and they started playing too. Our newly moved neighbor who's already 17 loves my home deka and brings it home every night!

This is a topic that's raised a lot on these forums. Since Tamagotchi is kind of a unisex toy that's marketed at young girls, it's certainly less common to see an older male into Tamagotchi but it's by no means a rarity. I'm 17 and I still visit these forums, although I don't really play with Tamagotchis anymore.

I'm an "old" guy but I'm still playing Tamagotchis. I even have the iD L and the P's! :D

I'm a 15 yr old boy and I've started playing with them again! I think the fact most girls have them lies mainly on the fact they are often advertised in girl sections of magazines and stuff. I believe they are unisex though, a lot of the tamagotchi designs are for men.

There are guys on tamatalk about 20 about 20 years of age or older. Tamatalk only accounts for some of the vast majority of tamagotchi owners, so there will be many males out there still using them!
i totally agree. the advertisments suggest its for girls. but i still love them :)

I met a guy on the bus once who saw me playing with my Entama and he just FLIPPED out and whipped out his Tamagotchi and shoved it in my face. He looked to be in his late teens. It was awesome. I just about had a cow.

I think guys playing with Tamagotchis is seriously admirable, and if you're one of them, you should be downright proud of who you are. I wonder how many guys out there would honestly love to play with a Tamagotchi again but absolutely never will simply because they're caught under the constant pressure and/or fear of being judged...?

Last edited by a moderator:
I met a guy on the bus once who saw me playing with my Entama and he just FLIPPED out and whipped out his Tamagotchi and shoved it in my face. He looked to be in his late teens. It was awesome. I just about had a cow.

I think guys playing with Tamagotchis is seriously admirable, and if you're one of them, you should be downright proud of who you are. I wonder how many guys out there would honestly love to play with a Tamagotchi again but absolutely never will simply because they're caught under the constant pressure and/or fear of being judged...?
good story! and i am one of them... well... i havent played one for 5 years because i havent OWNED one since. but i used to own the tamagotchi that is in my avatar (v3) and i am going to get another v3 on ebay. its not the same color (its a blue one with stripes of different shades of blue) but its a good price (its a bid and it still has 3 and a half days left) and yes, i am proud of who i am :) i am different from people my age (im 14) and i like alot of unusual stuff: tamagotchi, retro video games, and i like hamtaro but i havent been involved in that for quite a long time. and i am SOOOO GLAD to not be one of those people who is in constant fear of being judged. i dont really care if the clothes i wear look good or whatever, as long as its comfy im fine :)

I'm a guy and I play with Tamagotchis... can I blush now? LOL :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
i only hide at work because i don't want the managers thinking i'm "too distracted", "playing" with a tamagotchi, when you honestly don't really "play" with the tamagotchis that i know of atleast , v1-v3. You raise them. You play pokemon games, you play mario games, you play crash bandicoot games at a constant!! Tamagotchis?? You feed them, love them, nurture them, watch them grow, sleep, smile, frown, cry, birth, even die just to be real. Which is a lot, but they do spend a good chunk of idle time in our pockets/lanyards yes?? That's what's cool about them, unlike games they're on all the time (tamagotchi connections atleast [left unpaused]), and yet they don't require our full, undivided attention like a game-game. Especially when you have an adult, they only drop a heart like every 2-3 hours and honestly don't need you as bad. It's so chill to have an adult..Back to the point, when i'm on my breaks i honestly don't care, so i take them out, but the guys who notice and say something usually follow up with a story about their giga pet or nano pet, so i think tamagotchis are not as ridiculed by dudes where i live atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back