Non-Responding buttons and STRIPPED SCREWS! DX

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruukasuchi

Reaction score
I just found out today that my beloved Tamagotchi Ocean's A B and C buttons are barely, or COMPLETELY Non-Responsive. How do I fix this, if it's at all possible? this is the first Tamagotchi I have EVER owned that has gone wrong on me, and I really don't want this to be my first permanently DEAD Tamagotchi...

I also found out, that my Japanese Tamagotchi Angel (Angelgotch) has stripped screws. I recieved it three weeks ago, WITH batteries already in it. I played with it for about a week and a half, and I decided to take the batteries out for storage. I can't get the screws off. one is SEVERELY stripped, and the other one is well on it's way. Is there ANYTHING I can do? Or is my brand new Angel doomed?

PLEASE HELP ME!

If you have a small screw driver and you're competent, you can take apart your tamagotchi and clean the buttons' circuit pads with something like a pencil eraser. The copper circuit board traces may have oxidized, which interferes with the electricity flow. It may also be that they are simply dirty. However, proceed with caution; I don't know what will happen if you do this and I am ultimately not responsible for any damage done to the tamagotchi, nor is tamatalk.

As for stripped screws, I think the best bet would be a watch/jewelry store; many have tools they can use to get stripped screws out. You can also get JIS screwdrivers or consult this guide.

Just repaired my first ever virtual pet(nano puppy) with the eraser trick

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much !

aaaaaaaaand, I managed to repair the sound too wich I thought was broken , with the same eraser trick,

The little metal pad was just corroded, so I erased, put it back and.. for the first time in 10 years, I heard the sound of my first nano .

This was a good day.

Thanks again !

Thank you so much Jazzijk for the tip about the eraser I had a non responding tamagotchi connexion v3 with non responsive buttons now its like brand new :D thanks again

Do you think that the eraser trick might help my P2 with a line of dead pixels? I've already done 2 surgeries on it adding a ton of pressure and making sure everything was lined up and I don't want to take it apart again unless I know there's hope because the screws are kind of bad :/

I have almost-dead lines on the nano puppy too. I tried the eraser trick, where the circuits and screen are supposed to touch, and that didn't work for me .. :/

But then again, it's a virtual pet, not a vintage tamagotchi... so I don't know.

If you chose to try, don't put it back together just now. Wait and buy new screws, that's what i would do

Saw a trick on a tv program for stripped screws and it said to use an elastic band between the screw and screw driver to give more grip and it should work.

Not tested myself but didn't want to read an run :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back