Sign in to follow this  
Ruukasuchi

Non-Responding buttons and STRIPPED SCREWS! DX

I just found out today that my beloved Tamagotchi Ocean's A B and C buttons are barely, or COMPLETELY Non-Responsive. How do I fix this, if it's at all possible? this is the first Tamagotchi I have EVER owned that has gone wrong on me, and I really don't want this to be my first permanently DEAD Tamagotchi...

I also found out, that my Japanese Tamagotchi Angel (Angelgotch) has stripped screws. I recieved it three weeks ago, WITH batteries already in it. I played with it for about a week and a half, and I decided to take the batteries out for storage. I can't get the screws off. one is SEVERELY stripped, and the other one is well on it's way. Is there ANYTHING I can do? Or is my brand new Angel doomed?

PLEASE HELP ME!

If you have a small screw driver and you're competent, you can take apart your tamagotchi and clean the buttons' circuit pads with something like a pencil eraser. The copper circuit board traces may have oxidized, which interferes with the electricity flow. It may also be that they are simply dirty. However, proceed with caution; I don't know what will happen if you do this and I am ultimately not responsible for any damage done to the tamagotchi, nor is tamatalk.

As for stripped screws, I think the best bet would be a watch/jewelry store; many have tools they can use to get stripped screws out. You can also get JIS screwdrivers or consult this guide.

• Like 3

Just repaired my first ever virtual pet(nano puppy) with the eraser trick

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much !

• Like 1

aaaaaaaaand, I managed to repair the sound too wich I thought was broken , with the same eraser trick,

The little metal pad was just corroded, so I erased, put it back and.. for the first time in 10 years, I heard the sound of my first nano .

This was a good day.

Thanks again !

• Like 1

Thank you so much Jazzijk for the tip about the eraser I had a non responding tamagotchi connexion v3 with non responsive buttons now its like brand new :D thanks again

Do you think that the eraser trick might help my P2 with a line of dead pixels? I've already done 2 surgeries on it adding a ton of pressure and making sure everything was lined up and I don't want to take it apart again unless I know there's hope because the screws are kind of bad :/

I have almost-dead lines on the nano puppy too. I tried the eraser trick, where the circuits and screen are supposed to touch, and that didn't work for me .. :/

But then again, it's a virtual pet, not a vintage tamagotchi... so I don't know.

If you chose to try, don't put it back together just now. Wait and buy new screws, that's what i would do

Saw a trick on a tv program for stripped screws and it said to use an elastic band between the screw and screw driver to give more grip and it should work.

Not tested myself but didn't want to read an run :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Yuki Frost
      I’ve had a few problems with my Ocean before but they usually just sort of resolve themselves. 

When I got the tamagotchi the screws were beyond stripped (not helped by my family having no chill and shoving whatever they thought would get the thing open in said screws when the batteries died despite my protests) so we ended up taking it to multiple jewelers in hopes of getting them out. They were eventually sawed out. 

on my next run I hadn’t replaced the screws because I can’t find any the right size, so I taped the backplate ton to keep the batteries connected. This worked fine for about a month and a half until it got frozen like this:

My go to with these kinds of issues is to reset it but that didn’t work so I figured it had something to do with the tape. I screwed the backplate in with the screws from my garden and everything seemed fine. The tama seemed fine for about 30 minutes before it went back to this screen. It does this every time I take out the batteries and unfortunately re setting doesn’t work.
      Any ideas on how to fix it or what’s wrong?

• By dawnhylau
      Hi everyone, I recently rekindled my passion for tamagotchi and bought a second hand Japanese angelgotchi. On my third try I ended up with a ghost jr who didn’t turn into maruten the first day, whose AP maxed out at 90, and after looking around the internet I realized this is what happens in rare cases where it evolves into Lucky Unchikun instead.
      it’s now the 7th day (I counted, I’ve messed with the times a bit that changed its age) and my tama is still a ghost jr (baby), and I’m starting to wonder if I’m doing something wrong that’s stopping it from evolving? I’ve mostly taken good care of it, keeping the hungry and happy hearts are filled out, discipline bar full and AP is kept at 90. I might have had some care misses on the first day though, because I was trying to get the bad care teen before realising it was Ghost jr. who didn’t evolve I’m pretty bummed because this seems to be a really rare occurrence...
      does anyone know how you’re supposed to treat Ghost Jr. to allow it to turn into Lucky Unchikun? Any specific AP range it should be kept at? (Eg maybe I shouldn’t keep it at 90? And let it drop?) thanks so much in advance!!!
    • By mimitchi ^o^
      Okay, so we've seen the re-release of P1 and P2 Tamagotchis, the Tamagotchi mini's, Digimon, the Tamagotchi Nano's are doing well, and the On/Meets/Some are also doing good. This is purely speculation at this point, but perhaps we may see a new wave of the Angel, Forest, and Ocean? I would seriously flip my lip if that happened! And don't even get me started on the Devilgotchi, if that got re-released it would be amazing. Though that one is probably the least likely to be re-released out of the bunch.  
      I hope that if Bandai goes down this path and Tamagotchi continues to be successful again, maybe they'll re-release the connections as well? Sigh, one can dream.
      What does everyone else think? Do you think a re-release of the Angel/Forest/Ocean is feasible? Would you also flip your lid?  I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!
    • By Sherb
      I purchased a previously loved Angelgotchi. It was tested before i purchased it and everything worked just fine. I purchased new batteries for it and I’ve played with it since I received it a few days ago. Today, I was playing the game, when all of a sudden the whole thing reset on me. Now I have to start from the beginning. Is it because it’s an old tamagotchi? Is something wrong with the device? How can I prevent this from happening again? Should I buy a brand new one? Has this happened to anyone?
    • By RubyLullaby
      Hello:)

I saw one of these Angelgotch watches on Ebay recently.

I searched and searched for informations but I couldn´t find any.
      Are there rare? Why isn´t there some informations?
      Does someone here have one?
      I´m so confused

Thanks for your answers