Hamtaro Virtual Pet Toy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmoChan

Reaction score
hamtaro-virtual-pet-tamagotchi.jpg

During my first trip to Tokyo, I found this virtual pet in a shop just 100 yen, which is about 1 dollar our ... and it surprised me because 100 yen for a virtual electronic pet was truly a gift. Yet they were exposed to so many, and not in a shop as the 100 yen shop, but in a very toys shop. I took it and threw the box because then I was not fond of Virtual Pet, and I regret it. As you can see from the picture has a slot to insert the cards with the bar code (which I still have somewhere). It works with three batteries, the 6 gems around the screen light up. Inside there Hamtaro and you have to play with him etc.. Do you know him? I have looked for information on the internet but do not even understand who has produced, the company ... and I do not really remember. The fact is that I really like the design and I find it really cute Virtual Pet =)​

Wow... Did you try the Card Commune cards on it? Thats pretty cute... Hamtaro, I miss having that stuff around. Never saw this though.

Finally i have find the pic in the box :D

hamtaro-virtual-pet-tamagotchi.jpg

Yes, I tried to use the card of the card commune, but do not work.

When I have free time try to serach in my home the original cards, I'm sure that somewhere I still have them =P

It reminds me so much of the Card Commune. Maybe that was the base. If its not Bandai at all... I would start looking by the main companies in Japan. epoch? Maybe the company, but I am leaning towards Takara for some reason.

Also makes me think of my Himitsu no Akko Chan mirror/compact. (a lot like the Sailormoon Crystal Power Compact, with the star, except it has an A on the star) The jewels...do they light up or look like they may light up?

It actually looks a lot like the commune card, probably came out after the success of the first series ^^

The lights come on by themselves only occasionally, when they perform certain actions.

My friends have Hamtaro DVDs, the TV show was licensed by ShoPro Entertainment but I don't know if they made the goodies. Maybe they teamed up with a toy company to make them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely not bandai, behind the toy it says "EPOCH", that's the brand?

Hmm, looks a bit to small for my eyesight. But it looks nice...

And Epoch is a company that makes most of the Hamtaro toys, including the US. My Bijou plush toy says "2002 Epoch" on it and it's American.

Ah it's so cute! You're so lucky to get it for such a cheap price! Is it fun to play with?

Wow cute lovely virtual pet, i hope i can go to japan someday. and i will buy all pokemon and tamagotchi stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back